Status: FIN (:

Love Me Patiently, Love Me Honestly

Chapter Fourteen

As soon as I walked into John’s apartment I was happy I had come. I walked into a room of boys playing video games and eating pizza. When they saw me they all screamed “Madddiieee!” I smiled as I sat down on the couch next to Jared.

“Well you look very happy tonight.” He remarked.

“That’s because I am.”

“Did you just get laid or something?” Garrett asked and smiled.

“Shut uppp.” I threw a pillow at him.

I sat as Pat and Garrett yelled at each other while they played their game, silently scanning the small apartment for John.

Jared leaned over to me, “He’s at the store,” he whispered.

I looked at him. “I was not looking for John; I was just admiring the apartment’s decoration.”

He smirked. “I think I hear him coming up the stairs.”

My stomach lurched. I looked to the door in anticipation but it didn’t open. I looked back at Jared, who was laughing.

“Jerk.” I sat back and crossed my arms.

About five minutes later, I heard the door open. I didn’t look, just so Jared wouldn’t make fun of me.

John sat down next to me on the couch. “Hi there.” He smiled.

“Hi.” I said, not looking at him.

“Why are you acting weird?” he whispered.

“Because Jared is making fun of me.” I whispered back.

John smiled. “Do you want to help me get something out of my room?” he asked.

“Yeah cause that’s not obvious.” I smiled but didn’t look at him.

He sighed and grabbed my hand. “Hey Jared! What’s that over there?” he asked, and as Jared looked away John pulled me quickly down the hallway and into his room.

I smiled. “Smooth.”

“That’s my middle name.” he replied, still holding my hand.

“Oh, right.” I laughed.

We stood in silence as we looked at each other. I grabbed his other hand and he smiled. I got up on my tippy-toes so our faces were somewhat close. He smiled and I kissed him softly.

He let go of my hands and pulled me into a hug. “Have I mentioned how much I like you?”

“Well I sure hope you do, or this whole thing would be super awkward.” I replied.

“You’re a pro at ruining moments, you know that?”

“I try.” I smiled and walked out of his bedroom as he followed.

When we walked back to the living room all the boys stared at us.

“Uh, what just happened back there?” Pat asked.

John and I looked at each other, not sure what to say. We stayed silent.

“HA! I just killed you!” Garrett said loudly at Pat, intentionally drawing the attention off of us. I smiled at Garrett, silently thanking him.

The rest of the night went by slowly because the boys played video games the entire time while I sat there and watched. I didn’t mind because of the place I sat. I sat on the couch while John leaned against the couch with his head resting between my legs. I got to run my fingers through his perfectly soft hair all night. I tried to give him a Mohawk all night, and when I finally asked if he’d let me use gel to do it he shot me down.

The boys finally left around two thirty or so, but I was planning to stay a while after they left so I could have some time with John. Of course that causes some teases from the boys, but at this point I didn’t even care. I hugged them all goodbye ignoring their comments about safe sex and teenage pregnancy.

“You guys are really making this hard for me,” John laughed.

Pat looked at me and smiled. “I don’t think we’re the ones making it hard for you, Johnny.”

“Get out,” John and I said in unison, laughing.

“Is this how it’s going to be from now on? You two speaking in unison? Cause that’s going to get really annoying,” Garrett said.

“Shut up!” John and I said, and then looking at each other, laughed.

“It’s time for us to go,” Jared laughed. “Oh, but hey seriously Maddie, you saw those Teen Mom marathons. Be safe.”

I pushed the boys out the door while rolling my eyes. “Goodbye!” I yelled closing the door behind me.

I turned around and smiled at John. He returned my smile. “Thank God they’re gone,” he laughed.

John grabbed my hand and pulled me to the couch sitting us down. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and smiled at me before his face became more serious. “So, did you talk to Kennedy?”

“Nope, I came here instead,” I replied feeling guilty in one part of me, but the other part was overpowering it; the part that was thinking of John. His eyes, his smile, and his finger that was moving in circles on my shoulder.

“What does that mean then?” he asked.

“What do you think it means?” I chuckled.

“I think it means I can do this…” he said, pressing his lips to mine.

I kissed him back softly, smiling at the fact that he wanted me too. He kissed me innocently, just lips, and I could feel him smiling.

He pulled away from me and I felt myself itching to have him back. I slowly opened my eyes regaining my thoughts. He smiled at me. “You’re a really great kisser.”

“I’m kind of new at it,” I felt myself blushing. I looked into John’s eyes and saw apart of him I hadn’t seen before; the part that craved for me, the part that was just like other boys in a sense. But this look was toned down by his respect and admiration that he showed through his eyes, and every part of him.

He smiled and grabbed the bottom of my chin with his fingers. He got close, close enough to where I could feel his breath whispering onto my lips. “You’d never know.”

He connected our lips again and this time I felt a new urgency in his lips. He swiftly pushed me back against the couch to where we were laying down, his body pushing against mine. I felt his tongue against my bottom lip and part them.

I leisurely put my hands in his hair wrapping it around my fingers. He softly bit my bottom lip before kissing it again, bringing the intensity to a level I’d never experienced before. His hand gradually slipped under the bottom of the back of shirt and he rested his hand in the small of my back. His lips slipped down my jaw line and I felt my breath catch.

Tick tock on the clock but the party don’t stop. No, oh, oh, oh, oh.

I groaned and sat up. John sat up, looking slightly dizzy. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and opened it.

“Hey mom,” I said into the phone.

“Madeline! Where are you!? Your curfew is one o’clock and it’s three!” My mom yelled into the phone.

“I thought you weren’t going to be home tonight…”

“So that gives you reason to disobey my rules!?” she yelled and I sighed. John kept kissing my shoulder lightly and I giggled and mouthed stop. He smiled, but didn’t stop kissing me from my shoulder to my collar bone.

“No ma’am,” I sighed into the phone.

“You better be home within the next ten minutes or you’re grounded.”

I listened to my mom’s slurred command, knowing that she was drunk again. “Okay. Be there soon. Love you,” I said.

“Love you too, Carly…” my mom slurred before she hung up. I felt my heart break more than it already was.

I hung my phone up and put it back into my pocket while John pushed me back down, his lips reattaching to mine. Even John kissing me couldn’t make me feel better.

“John,” I mumbled between his kisses. “I have to go home.”

He shook his head and make a ‘nuh uh’ sound in his throat. “You’re staying here.”

I put my hand on his cheek. “I wish I could. I really do.”

“Then do!” he smiled, kissing my lips again, making me fall back into his spell.

I kissed him softly again before looking at the time. Five minutes left till I had to be home. I sat up and put my hand on his chest. “I really have to go, John.”

He pouted. “Fiiiiine, let me walk you out,” he said sitting up.

“That’s not a good idea,” I laughed.

“Why not?”

“Because then we’re just going to be leaning against my car doing this,” I smiled. I stood up and leaned down placing both of my hands on his cheeks. I gave him a kiss, slow and sweet.

He looked up at me, his eyes showing his intoxication from my kiss. “Bye, baby.”

“Bye, John,” I smiled, grabbing my keys off the counter and walking out of his apartment.

On my drive home all I could think about was John’s lips, and the way he felt against me. It brought a smile to my lips, thinking about how he’s mine now. But then my thoughts drifted back to Kennedy…and how he still made my heart race.

I pulled into my house, speeding in fear of my mother grounding me and keeping me away from doing that with John all week. I ran into the house only to find my drunken mother passed out on the kitchen floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maddie's outfit.
It makes me sad that no one likes this story as much as liar's lane. Especially because she helped write parts of this chapter. Hmph, Would someone please comment? Because if not I may kill myself... My life is in your hands (: