Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Hospital/Scared

Work dragged by, and I found myself staring into space for most of it.

My thoughts kept going back to this morning, and I couldn’t help it to save my life.

That weird, uncomfortable feeling settled itself in my stomach yet again.

Did Shaant think I was his girlfriend now?

Just because I had let him cook me breakfast?

I’d have to set him straight next time.

I sighed as I swiped out of work and then left.

I fumbled for my phone at a stop sign as it began to ring.

“What’s up?” I asked Jeff.

“Ri, can you come to the hospital? It’s Charli,” Jeff explained in one breath, sounding worried.

“What happened?” I demanded immediately, ignoring the car behind me that honked at me to go.

“They’re doing tests, she just…fainted at home and--I don’t know, Ri. I’m scared. Just please come?” he asked, voice cracking in worry.

“Of course I will. I’m on my way,” I replied, heading off in the direction of the hospital after hanging up on him.

It’s probably just the baby making her tired, I reassured myself shakily. I drew in a few breaths as I made my way to the hospital waiting room. No need to worry.

I walked over to Jeff, who looked considerably relieved. He gave me a small smile as he led me to Charli’s room.

“She woke up a few minutes ago,” he said, holding the door open for me.

I rushed over to give her a hug.

“What happened?” I demanded. She gave me a discreet look that Jeff didn’t catch. I frowned in confusion.

“Jeff, can you go home and get me some clothes?” she asked suddenly. “They’re keeping me overnight.” He nodded, kissing her cheek before heading off.

“What happened?” I asked again. She put her hands over her face, rubbing her eyes. It took me a few seconds to realize that she had begun to cry. “Charli?” I asked in bewilderment, placing a hand on her shoulder, trying to get her attention. “What’s going on?”

“The baby,” she sobbed. “I…l-lost the baby, Ri!” I immediately pulled her into a hug and she cried into my shirt. I patted her back softly.

“How?” I asked, after she had calmed down. She shook her head sadly, wiping her eyes.

“I don’t know. It just happened, and it made me faint.”

“What did Jeff say?” I asked. She stared at me for a few minutes before answering.

“I haven’t told him yet.”

“Charli-” I began sharply.

“Charli!” Dave interrupted, barging into the room, closely followed by Tom and Shaant.

She gave me a pleading look as they each came to hug her, and I shut my mouth for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Early update because I got a bunch of lovely comments that made me smile. : D
So this chapter is for: Ishhy Bells, Jersey's Colder, To_Settle_The_Score, fueledbylin;, neonxbodyxstyle, hockeyxgirlsxrock, Emi, and fatehathnomercy.

...Has anyone tried calling the number Cute/Shaant has on their/his myspace?
I want to but I’d freak. ; x