Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Serious/Breakfast

“Shaant,” I heard an irritable voice say, waking me up. She smacked my arm a few times. “Shaant!”

“Hmm?” I mumbled sleepily, letting go of her in order to yawn and stretch.

She began putting her clothes back on.

“You’re not going to leave already, are you?” I asked, pulling my boxers on as she buttoned her jeans.

“Maybe if you weren’t such a dick last night, I’d consider staying,” she stated.

“Maybe if you told me why you came last night in the first place, I’d consider cooking you breakfast,” I offered. She paused, considering my offer.

“Charli’s pregnant,” she blurted out unexpectedly. I raised an eyebrow.

Was she messing with me?

“So you want one too or something?” I joked.

“This isn’t funny,” She snapped in annoyance, sending a glare my way.

“You’re serious?” I asked. She rolled her eyes.

“No shit, I’m serious,” she retorted.

“How’s Jeff doing?” I asked quietly.

“He flipped out at first. Now he’s excited. They both are.”

I silently took it in as I cracked some eggs over the frying pan.

I served plates for the both of us, along with orange juice.

I couldn’t help but watch her as she ate. She glanced back uneasily.

I managed to smile slightly at her.

“Fuck,” she suddenly muttered, dropping her fork. “I’m going to be late for work. I look like shit.”

“You look great, you always do,” I said, forcing a casual tone. “You can use my shower if you want,” I offered.

“I’ll just use your bathroom, and then I’ll go,” she decided. I nodded and she got up to put her plate in the sink before heading for the bathroom.

I finished my breakfast and began washing dishes.

I heard her exit the bathroom, and expected her to leave without a word.

To my utter surprise, she poked her head back into the doorway.

“Bye,” she said quickly and hastily, just as quickly disappearing before I could respond.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments. And also the journal comments. I’m trying to breathe and am not freaking out anymore…for the most part.