Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Lying/Hurt

I pounded on her door once I got there.

I didn’t care if Jeff and Charli were there to hear.

I didn’t care if anyone heard at all.

I was going to get my answers.

“What the fuck, Riley?” I demanded, as soon as the door opened. I grabbed her shoulders, knowing full well how she would try to slip away. “I tell you I love you, and you fucking lie to my face and run away!”

“I wasn’t lying,” she lied terribly. I shook my head at her, gripping her shoulders tighter than I intended.

“You’re lying right now. I can tell you are.”

“I’m not. None of it meant anything,” she stated, face now fully composed into a heartless mask.

I stared at her, speechless at her coldness, shaking my head.

She had refused to meet my eyes the entire time. Instead, her eyes strayed to my right ear or the top of my head.

Then the pain channeled into anger.

How could she say things like that, knowing that each word was tearing me apart inside?

“You’re fucking unbelievable,” I spat, now pushing her away. “I can’t do this anymore. We’re over. Whatever we are, whatever we were, it’s over. Find yourself a new fuck buddy, because I can’t take it anymore.”

“Fine,” she spat right back at me.

But I wasn’t going to leave until she hurt like I did.

“Do you know what you are?” I asked. She glared, waiting. “You’re just a whore. You just used me for a good fuck. Even when you had a boyfriend.”

“It didn’t bother you back then,” she retorted childishly.

“At least I was honest. Why do you think I put up with this shit? Did you honestly think I just wanted the sex?” I demanded, earning a blank look. I shook my head yet again at her obliviousness.

“Wow. You really don’t know me at all. I only did it because I care about you, Ri. I only took what you would give me. I thought maybe you would have gotten the hint by now. I thought it would be better if it were me sleeping with you instead of some dick at a bar that would break your heart. Well, guess what, babe?” She turned away from my gaze. “You fucking win. You broke mine instead.”

I stormed back out the door, slamming it forcefully.

When I got back in my car, I rested my forehead against the steering wheel.

I wasted all that time on her for nothing.

I tried giving her everything I could, and yet I got nothing in return.

Absolutely nothing for my pains and efforts.

I turned my keys in the ignition and drove away.

I was done with this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Jersey's Colder for reminding me to update & also revenge_is_mine and hockeyxgirlsxrock.