Slightly Bruised and a Little Bit Used

Towel/Eat

“Shaant!” We were awoken by Jeff pounding on the door. “Riley!” I heard her groan, but she didn’t move from her spot resting her head on my chest and I didn’t move my arms from around her, either.

“What the hell?” I demanded in annoyance. “Go the fuck away, Jeff!” I yelled sleepily.

“Fuck you then; we’re going to breakfast without you bitches!” Jeff called back through the door. She laughed, raising her head to look at me. I grinned back, running my fingers through her hair.

We laid there staring at each other before we were interrupted by her stomach growling.

“Room service?” I asked, laughing.

“Sounds amazing,” she agreed. She headed into the bathroom as I picked up the phone to order a ton of food.

I heard the shower running and decided that even a few minutes away from Riley was time wasted.

I pulled off my boxers and grabbed a towel before pushing the bathroom door open.

I pulled the curtain back slightly, and she seemed just barely startled.

“Mind if I join you?” I asked, not waiting for an answer before dropping my towel and stepping under the hot stream of water with her.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

After our shower, I flipped through the television channels, looking for something even remotely interesting to watch meanwhile waiting for room service. Riley was looking at a magazine with her legs resting in my lap.

I smiled at her, but she didn’t notice. I didn’t mind for once.

It was enough knowing that she loved me.

There was a knock at the door. She finally glanced at me lazily and I got up to get it.

Five minutes later, we were digging in to room service as if we hadn’t eaten in days.

I watched her eat her French Toast.

I still couldn’t believe she was finally mine.

“What?” she asked self-consciously. I only shook my head, and we continued our giant breakfast.

“Ri?” I asked hesitantly, a few minutes later.

“Hmm?” she murmured back.

I had been thinking about this all morning. I hesitated for fear of rejection or scaring her off again.

“Will you move in with me?” I asked nervously. She stared back at me, surprised. I held my gaze, although her not answering was making me more anxious by the second. “Ri?” I asked again.

“Yeah,” she finally replied, snapping out of it. She smiled before leaning forward over the food to kiss me briefly on the lips. “Of course I will.”

I sighed, pressing another kiss to her lips in relief.

“I feel sorry for the neighbors,” I laughed, the nervous atmosphere gone from the room through the open window. “Do you know how much sex we’ve had in this room?”

“Can’t be worse than Jeff and Charli,” she pointed out.

“True,” I shrugged. We fell silent for another few minutes. “Ri?” I asked again.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“I’m glad we’re together,” I said, looking at her seriously and reaching over to place my hand over her small one. She smiled, looking back at me.

“Me too,” she agreed.

And I knew she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter!