‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Sorry

Chapter 21

Sorry

They all went back to the house, Sam couldn’t believe that Jo was actually there, smilling and laughing. “Jo come help me get some stuff from the kitchen,” Sam said standing up, Jo gave her a look from the floor but got up with a grunt.

They walked into the kitchen and Jo hopped on the counter, “What’s up?” Jo asked, as she took another beer from the ice filled sink.

“I’m happy you’re here,” Sam said taking out the cake.

“I hear a but,” Jo twisted the cap off the beer.

“But, Jo what are you doing? The bikes the whole, thing it must have cost a fortune,” Sam said taking the frosting and mixing it.

“Look, don’t read too much into it I wanted to do something nice. So who was the chick?” Jo said hopping off the counter and taking a spoon out.

“But, I can’t not read anything into it. I at least want to know who helped I mean, you could not have done all this by yourself,” Sam said. Johnny walked into the room.

“What’s up, Johnny?” Jo asked as he came up next to her.

“Nothing much, they just keep picking on me,” he gave a sad smile, then she handed him the spoon with icing and he licked it, like a little kid he smiled.

“Oh my god,” Sam said, looking at them.

“Yeap,” Jo smiled.

“Who would of thunk it?” Sam smiled.

“She figured it out?” Johnny asked.

“Yes,” Jo said taking the spoon and throwing it in the sink, taking a new one from the drawer.

“Finally this was killing me.” Johnny smiled.

“I never would of thought, I mean no wonder you wrote everyone a letter, you were sending him money,” Sam said fitting the pieces together.

“Yeap, it wasn’t that hard, besides Johnny was happy to help, even though he didn’t expect me to come down here,” Jo wrapped her arm around Johnny’s shoulders

“Thanks Johnny,” Sam hugged him.

“Alright kiddies, what time is it?” Jo asked, Sam looked at her watch.

“It’s about 7 pm,” she said.

“We have like 2 more hours of partying, my plane leaves at 11.” Jo finished icing the cake.

“What you’re leaving tonight?” Sam asked.

“Yeap, I have a midterm tomorrow,” Jo licked the spoon clean.

“Damn,” Johnny said. “And here I thought we could go partying.”

“Nah, you guys can go without me, btw I need you to give the Strat back tomorrow,” Jo said taking the candles Sam had found, she placed them on the cake.

“You’re not keeping it?” Sam asked.

“Nah, I’m going to get my own next year. This was the dealers, he let me have it for the day, cause I spent a lot of money in his dealer ship.” Jo lit the candles with the lighter in her pocket. “Johnny go turn of the lights.”

Sam followed Johnny out of the room, and into the living room, the guys protested when the lights were turned off but they quieted down when they saw the cake.

They all sang happy birthday, the Jo told Zacky to get one of Brian’s guitars, he did as he was told.

Jo cleared her throat.

Happy Birthday , Happy Birthday we love you, Happy Birthday and may all your dreams come true, when you blow out the candles one light stays aglow it’s the love light in your eyes wherever you may go

“Whooo,” Jimmy yelled, “Blow out the candles.”

Sam did as she was told. “That was awesome Jo,” Zacky said as he went and sat down on the couch next to her, she leaned on his shoulder.

“Thanks,” she smiled up at him.

The lights went on and Jo didn’t move, “So did you like your birthday?” Brian asked Sam as he helped pass out pieced of cake.

“It was definetly a surprised,” Sam said as she bumped her arm into his.

“I’m glad,” he smiled. Jo refused a piece of cake. Zacky looked at her.

“Why don’t you have some?” Zacky asked.

“Too much sugar,” Jo said moving to give him space to eat.

“One bite won’t kill,” he said taking a big fork full. She closed her mouth but he placed the fork so close to her lips it was about to touch her. She opened her mouth knowing he would not give in. “Isn’t that good?” He asked with a big grin on his face.

The puppy sniffed at Jo’s feet then whined, she picked him up. “What did you guys name him?” Jo asked.

“Cole,” Sam said.

“What happened to Skull Bat?” Brian asked as she settled her in his lap.

“You’re right, it’s too AVENGED,” Sam said taking a bite of the cake proud with herself.
“Ohh, what about Ave?” Jo said as she snuggled the puppy.

“That’s good,” Jimmy said smiling.

Matt had not said a word, he just sat there feeling like an outsider more then he had ever before. He watched Jo, and he missed her. He watched Sam and Brian and he envied them. He watched Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny and he hated them because Jo wasn’t on guard around them.

Jo broke into his thoughts, “I need a smoke,” she said standing up.

“I’ll go with you,” Zacky offered.

“Alright,” Jo said, helping Zack stand up. Then she carried the puppy outside, setting him down in the back yard, he went about sniffing, his new home.

“Jo,” Zacky whispered his voice raspy.

“Yes, Zacky?” Jo said turning to him and lighting the cigarette she had taken out of her pocket.

“I’ve missed you,” he said and she cocked her head to the side.

“I’ve missed you too,” she went into his open arms.

“When are you leaving?” Zacky asked.

“Tonight,” Jo whispered into his chest. “You want to be rid of me so fast?”

“Nah, I wanted you to stay longer,” Zacky pulled away and lit his cigarette.

“Well,” Jo said but she was cut off when Matt came outside.

“Can I talk to you?” Matt asked, looking at Zacky.

“I’m going to play with the puppy,” Zacky said after he read the look in Jo’s eyes, she was going to be ok. For now anyway.

“What’s up?” She asked as she took a drag.

“I wanted to say, I can’t keep the bike,” Matt held out the keys.

“You can’t refuse a gift,” Jo didn’t reach for the keys as she talked. She folded her arms.

“I just can’t take it,” Mat said.

“Why? I’m a whore Matt, it’s me paying for your services, and the other bikes are for the guys and the services they provided on the way to New York,” Jo said icily. His eyes showed it hurt, she had went below the belt, how come it didn’t make her feel better.

“I’m sorry,” Mat said. “I’m sorry for what I said.”

“It doesn’t matter, maybe in some way you were right,” Jo looked in the distance, the light from the house shinning on her hair.

“I got your letter,” Matt said.

“I know you did, that’s why I wrote it.” Jo was getting a little irritated, she didn’t want his sorry.

“All I wanted to say is I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for the things I did, I’m to blame, not you. Don’t ever think you weren’t good enough. I wasn’t good enough for you. I took but I never gave anything back to you and I know that,” he took a step forward and cupped her cheek she turned into it.

“I’m sorry too,” Jo said. He didn’t say anything else. Just walked back into the house, the next thing that Jo heard was the engine of the bike purring. A tear slid down her cheek.

Zacky came up to her, “What the hell did he say? He made you cry, where is he I’m going to kill him,” he said angrily.

“He’s gone, he didn’t say anything,” Jo said.

“Then why are you crying?” Zacky asked wiping away the tears.

“I’m finding closure,” Jo whispered amazed he just grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her, she let out a sigh and he kissed the top of her head, that was the best news he had heard in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
I think my mood of sadness reflects in my stories.
<3