‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Runaway

Chapter 24

Jo made her way to the house; the guys were all in the living room sitting around watching videos, all she heard was herself laughing in one of the videos. A big fire filled the screen. She just stood in the doorway watching, Zacky noticed her and stood up.

“This is the best part where you going?” Jimmy said.

“I have to get a glass of water,” Zacky walked through the guys and grabbed Jo’s arm dragging her into the kitchen. “Are you going to tell me what’s going on?”

“Zacky I can’t do this,” Jo said trying to put some space between them.

“Why not? Is it because of Matt?” Zacky said between clenched teeth, funny thing was Matt was the last thing on Jo’s mind right now.

“I’m seeing someone,” Jo whispered.

“I knew that,” Zacky let out the breath he didn’t know he had been holding in.

“How? Did Sam tell you?” Jo asked, he looked away but she grabbed his face between her hands and forced him to look at her.

“No, I came to see you,” Zacky said looking into her eyes as they widened in surprise.

“When?” Jo asked, he tried to move her hands but she wouldn’t budge.

“You were dressed up fancy, and I just drove up, I didn’t want to ruin your night,” Zacky finally got her to let go.

“That was my first date with Alex,” Jo said not realizing she had said it out loud.

“So that’s the penguin’s name,” Zacky said taking a bottle of water off the table. He had decided not to drink a lot tonight. He needed a clear head.

“Zacky,” Jo said. He looked at her.

“Jo,” he said back at her.

“We can’t do this,” Jo said again.

“Why not?” Zacky asked.

“I care for you too much,” Jo said leaning against the counter.

“What’s wrong with that?” Zacky came and stood in front of her, she was studying the tiles on the floor.

“I’m no good for you,” she said finally. He placed his hand under her chin.

“How about I decide that, Jo I liked you from the first moment I met you, when you walked into our dressing room in Detroit I’ve been thinking non stop about you. I would never hurt you.” He drew her face upwards.

“But, I will hurt you.” Jo closed her eyes.

“Look at me,” Zacky said, when she didn’t listen he said again, “Look at me.”

She complied, reluctantly. Their eyes met and a fire burned in his. “I need time,” Jo whispered. He only nodded and kissed her. They kissed for what seemed forever.

“I said I need time,” Jo said pushing him away.

“While you take your time, I needed one last kiss; I’ll be here when you decide.” He went back into the living room leaving Jo staring at the walls.

Her phone rang, “Hello?” She picked up.

“Where are you?” Alex’s voice floated through the ear piece.

“What do you mean, where am I?” Jo demanded.

“I came by the apartment and you weren’t there, I wanted to have dinner.” His voice was silky smooth.

“I told you I can’t tonight,” Jo said, getting irritated by his lack of understanding of the word no.

“Yes, but I thought your friend might be tired and we could go grab a bite to eat,” Alex sounded like a kid, a spoiled kid that got his way.

“No, Alex, I can’t.” Jo pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Ok, I was just worried about you. How about lunch tomorrow?” He asked.

“I can’t do that either,” Jo said remembering her plans for tomorrow.

“Oh,” he said disappointed.

“I have a race tomorrow,” Jo said.

“I thought you were giving up racing,” Alex said matter of fact.

“No, you wanted me to give up racing I never said I would, look I have to go.”Jo looked around the room thinking of something she could use as an excuse.

“Do I at least get to know where you are?” Alex asked.

“No, good night Alex,” Jo said hanging up the phone. The nerve on the man to ask her where she was, like she was a piece of property, she was so frustrated she threw a bottle of water across the room and it smashed.

“Jo?” Vlad yelled.

“Yeah, I dropped something.” Jo went to get the mop.

“So, tomorrow you have a race?” Sam said from the door way, making Jo jump.

“Yes,” Jo said starting to mop up the water.

“Why do you do it?” Sam sat down at the counter.

“Race?” Jo asked getting the last of the water.

“Yeah, I mean you don’t do it for the money.” Sam took an apple from the middle of the table realizing it was fake.

“The adrenaline,” Jo said simply as she put the mop back and picked up the now empty bottle.

“So, are you going to tell me?” Sam peered at Jo.

“About what?” Jo pretended not to know what she was talking about.

“Come on, it’s twice you guys were making out,” Sam said.

“You saw us?” Jo asked.

“Yeah I was coming in here to ask you for the linens and you guys were kissing again. Are you playing with him? Cause he’s nothing like Matt.” Sam put the apple back in the basket.

“I know, don’t you think I know that? I like him but I’m not sure why I like him, is it because I can hurt Matt or because he’s really a nice guy. I’m so confused, I don’t even know if I’m ready for a relationship right now,” Jo let out a breath.

“Aren’t you in one right now?” Sam asked reminding her of Alex.

“That’s different, we get what we need, he needs a woman there and I need him when I get lonely. I don’t care for him, would I cry if he died? Sure would I be heart broken if we broke up, less then likely.” Jo fidgeted in her seat.

“Let’s go figure out the sleeping arrangements, you need some sleep, everything will be a lot better in the morning it always is,” Sam said standing up.

They both passed by the living room, Zacky winked at Jo and Jo just shook her head, “Alright, Jimmy and Johnny you guys can share the couch down here, Brian and Zacky can have the guest bedroom, me and Sam can share my bedroom.”

“Oh man, Jimmy talks in his sleep,” Johnny complained.

“You can go sleep outside with Misty, she snores too,” Sam said as everyone started to laugh.

“Hey, I’m not complaining here,” Jimmy said picking Johnny up. “I can take care of the baby.”

“Dude, put me down,” Johnny yelled.

“Ok,” Jimmy said and dropped him on the floor.

“Ok, I’m going to bed, boys be good,” Vlad said as he stood up, he kissed Jo on the cheek. “Make sure they don’t break anything,” he whispered as he passed her and went towards his bedroom.

Jo started pulling out the bed from the couch; it already had sheets on it. Sam went upstairs and got pillows. Then Jo went to get some of her old T-shirts she handed them to the boys. They were ready for bed.

“Goodnight guys,” Jo said as she turned off the lights. Sam and Brian were already upstairs as Jo and Zacky walked up there they met with Sam and Brian making out. “Let me guess you guys want your own room,” Jo said with a smile.

“If you don’t mind,” Sam said while Brian kissed her cheek.

“Alright,” they disappeared into the guest bedroom, “You don’t mind sharing with me do you?”

“Nope, as long as you don’t take advantage of me,” Zacky smiled as he followed Jo into the bedroom she flickered on the lights. As Zacky’s eyes adjusted he looked around. “I’m guessing your favourite colour is blue,” Zacky said.

“Oh, how ever did you guess?” Jo asked sarcastically knowing how her room looked, the walls we’re blue the ceiling was blue the bed sheets were blue. “I’ll get you a T-shirt,” Jo said looking through her closet. She found one, a Kennedy T-shirt.

Zacky took his button up shirt off slowly and Jo was mesmerized by his tattoo’s she studied them; they were amazing, “Here,” Jo threw her shirt at him and turned around pretending to look for something else. She didn’t turn around until she was sure that Zacky was in bed. “I’m going to go change I’ll be right back,” Jo said leaving the room.

In the bathroom she found Sam looking through the drawers, “Where the fuck are they?” Sam asked.

“Tampon box,” Jo said as she took her shirt off.

“Why the fuck would you put them in there?” Sam said taking the whole box.

“Would my dad look in it?” Jo asked as she put her P.J. top on.

“Good point,” Sam said leaving the bathroom and winking.

Jo got dressed washed her face and placed her hair in a messy pony tail, when she walked back in Zacky was ling on his back with his eyes closed. She tip toed into the room and turned off the lights as she went. She climbed into bed.

“You know I’m not sleeping right?” Zacky asked. Jo turned on the side light on.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” Jo asked as she turned to look at him, he opened one eye and looked at her.

“Who can sleep in times like these?” Zacky said dramatically.

“Oh, and what times are these?” Jo asked playing along.

“I’m giving you space,” Zacky reminded himself.

“Fine,” Jo said turning to her side.

“But that doesn’t mean we can’t talk,” Zacky pulled her on her back. He stared down at her.

“You want to talk?” Jo asked.

“Why not?” Zacky said leaning back on his pillow, letting out a painful breath.

“Ok, what about?” Jo looked at his face, he looked very uncomfortable.

“Anything,” Zacky said.

“I can’t think of anything,” Jo said.

“Anything to get my mind off, what I want to do to you,” Zacky said between clenched teeth.

“And what is that?” Jo said playfully.

“You’re playing with fire,” Zacky said. She traced her hand on his chest, his heart drumming faster and faster.

“Maybe I like fire,” Jo said moving closer to him.

“Jo,” he pleaded as he could feel the heat of her body on his.

“Yes?” she asked innocently.

“Go to sleep,” he said turning to his side.

“You’re no fun,” Jo said pouting.

“But I am fair, go to sleep. This is me doing my damnnest to give you space and time.” With that Jo turned off the light and fell asleep with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is pretty long, double the usual length.

Enjoy
<3