‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

CrushCrushCrush

Chapter 3

Jo woke up with a start, the phone was ringing off the hook. She picked up a pillow and dropped it on Sam, who was sleeping on the floor. “What?” Sam said.

“That’s your fucking phone.” Jo said placing my head on the pillow again.

“Crap. Shit. Fuck,” Sam said getting up, both of their heads were pounding celebration drinks for the launch of Jo’s book meant headache in the morning.

“You forgot Bitch, Horse, Slut.” Jo murmured while Sam picked up the phone.

“Hello,” Sam said, trying to let her head settle on something, it was pounding.

“Good morning, Ms. Nantais. I’ll patch you through,” the receptionist said. Sam’s eyes opened and shut again.

“Darling, it’s great to hear from you,” Jan’s voice rang through the phone.

“Hi, Ms. Wenner. What gives me the pleasure?” Jo shot up off the couch she was aware that the person calling Sam at 9 am was none other then Jan Wenner the editor of Rolling stones.

“Ohh call me Jan. I’m calling cause I talked to Matt last night the sweet little darling, thought he should let me know you’re an amazing interviewer. And I heard through the grape vine you might know an up and rising star.” She took a pause and then continued. “I want you to interview her. She has a new book out, it’s a hit. All the stars are reading it. I had a call from every magazine editor when they heard I had you on staff, after all who doesn’t know the story and the part you play in it. Now don’t worry about the A7X article get it to me by the end of the month. No rush.”

“Actually I sent it to my boss. I’m sure he’ll send it up to you any moment.” Sam said not fully comprehending what Jan was talking about.

“Alright well, get in touch with me when you talk to Ioana,” Jan said.

“You mean E-wanna.” Sam corrected herself then realized what this whole thing was about. Jo didn’t move she just froze, on her way to the bathroom.

“Ohh what a darling little name, I’m going to have to remember that, but talk to you soon darling TA-TA.” Jan hung up the phone and Sam just stood there looking at Jo.

“Why….um…why did Jan Wenner say my name?” Jo asked. She looked pale like she was going to be sick.

“Um, I got my next assignment.” Sam said a smile spread across her lips.

“Okay, I still don’t get it.” Jo moved an inch but it seemed to hurt her.

“You’re it.”

“Are we playing Tag now?” Jo asked squinting.

“No douche, you’re my assignment,” Sam said, then all she saw was a blur. Jo darted into the bathroom, water was running which was meant to cover up the noise of throwing up.

Sam took that time, to check online. The last A7X show was that night at 7 pm. Since Jo had no heard her when she told her the news, this was going to be one hell of a surprise. A while later Jo came out of the bathroom.

“This is huge.” Jo said, sitting on the couch afraid to lie down cause she might throw up. Part of her was telling her she was delusional because of the amount of alcohol she consumed, yet the pounding head ache was telling her that it was real.

“I know. Jo you’re famous,” Sam said smiling from ear to ear, remember when Jo used to write the book day and night. Sam must of read thousands of drafts of it. Over and Over again, without complaining.

“Babes, so are you,” Jo said as she stood up and went to the kitchen. Who would of thought the dream of a teenager to write a book would come to full bloom. Now at the end of her third year of university, ready to take on the world of fame.

“Hey want to celebrate tonight?” Sam said walking into the bathroom. Jo put on the pot of coffee, making it as strong as she could.

When Sam came out of the bathroom, freshly showered and dressed, Jo was sitting on the couch, her laptop in her lap, a cup of black coffee on the table. She didn’t hear Sam come in. “Hey!” Sam said snapping Jo out of her trance.

“Hey! So what did you have in mind?” Jo asked taking a sip of her coffee, the emails would have to wait.

“You’ll see.” Sam went to the kitchen only to have Jo follow her.

“Please tell me,” Jo said.

“No,”

“UGH, I hate you. You know that?” Jo said annoyed, she hated being told she has a surprise coming but she didn’t know what it was.

“Yeah, yeah.” Sam took a drink of the coffee and coughed. “What the hell?”

“What it’s coffee,” Jo said innocently.

“Yeah a pound of it,” Sam said taking a drink of water and rinsing her mouth.

“Oh don’t be such a pussy,” Jo said, obviously she was feeling better. “I’m going back to bed.”

“That caffeine did nothing to you?” Sam asked.

“Nope I’m immune babe,” Jo said going into the bedroom.

“Hey that’s my bed,” Sam yelled.

“Not today, today I’m a start so deal with it,” Jo said as she yawned. Then a few minutes later she was asleep.

Hours later

The girls were dressed, Sam in a pair of jeans with dickeys and a Ramones shirt. He leather jacket hung on the door handle, as she applied her black eyeliner. Jo came into view, Sam stopped and looked at her. Imagining the impact it was going to have on the boys.

Without her heels Jo stood at 5 foot 6 inches, her 4 inch heels would maker her just about 5 foot 10. Her dark long black hair hung down her back, her make up was similar to Sam’s except she wore pink lip gloss. They had done their nails in matching mauve. A pair of black pants hung off Jo’s hips, with a breezy black and white top. Her leather jacket was on the chair in the living room.

“Ready to go?” Jo said as she put on her earrings and fixing her revealing cleavage. What always surprised Sam was that whenever she dressed she didn’t look trashy but classy, if anyone else would be wearing that shirt people would think she was easy, but with Jo it was as if she carried it better then anyone else.

“Yeah just about.” Sam applied a last coat of mascara.

They hailed a cab. Jo wasn’t paying attention when Sam gave the address, everything still surprised her about Toronto. She loved it. The cab stopped. “We’re here,” Sam said.
Jo looked up and froze in big light it said A7X. Jo turned to Sam and smiled. They walked to the bodyguard he took one look at them and looked away, when they got to have their tickets taken, he looked at the tickets and froze.

“Why didn’t you come up front? Sorry for the wait.” He was scrambling to get the gate open. He said into his casket. “The VIPS are here.”

Sam looked and Jo and Jo looked at Sam, confused. They were right away being escorted to the back of the stage. Where they could see everyone. “Sam this is awesome, I can’t believe it. Look how many people are out there.”

“I….was not expecting this.” Sam said looking around.

“Good.” a voice came from behind them, they both jumped just to turn around and see Brian leaning against a sub woofer. “I talked to a couple of guys around here, it’s a surprise what the name Synyster Gates gets you.”

“Oh really?” Sam said unimpressed.

“So, I’m guessing your boyfriend Jo couldn’t come.” Brian said as he looked at the girls.

“Boy friend?” Jo asked looking at Sam, “Since when are you dating someone?”

“Since now apparently,” Sam said trying not to laugh. Matt came up behind Brian.

“Brian, told you not to bring girls back stage,” He said before he fully realized who Sam was. He looked at her then at Jo and stopped, their eyes met and Jo smiled. “Hey Sam,” Matt went to give Sam a hug almost picking her up.

“Hey Matt, thanks for the tickets and all this it’s awesome,” Sam said but she realized that Matt was looking at Jo. “Oh, this is my friend…”

Jo cut her off. “Jo-ana.” Both of the boys froze. “As you can see I’m not a boy, I’d love to have you guys to do a body check but I’m guessing. Women of intelligence aren’t your style. After all I’m not going to wine and beg for a kiss.”

Matt took a deep breath. “You don’t have to even ask.” He picked her up and kissed her on the lips. Jo’s eyes shot open in surprise. Her arms went to push him away but he was too strong, they then encircled his neck and she got lost in his kiss.

“Now that’s a proper hello,” Brian said, looking at Sam.

“Don’t even think about it,” Sam said as she pushed Brian aside and walked back stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks guys hope you liked it.
Comments are always welcomed and helpful.
XOXO
I.S.