‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Surrender

Chapter 9

The concert was a smash once again. Jo’s whole body tingled from the kiss, Sam had given her a weird look but she didn’t care. She felt amazing. The boys got off the stage saying their thanks. Swarms of VIP’s were around them when the girls caught up to them.

“So, Shadz, are you and Val still together?” A girl asked. Jo’s breath stopped in her throat.

“No,” He said, his jaw tight.

“Oh, does this mean you’re on the market?” Another girl let out a giggle. She looked perfectly made up, as if she had not stood at a concert but just got out of her bedroom.

“Yes, ladies. I am on the market,” he said with a smile that showed his dimples.

“Jo,” Sam whispered then her eyes met Brian’s he looked really mad.

“Yeah, babes?” Jo ignored the comment pretended like she had not heard it.

“You ok,” Sam whispered. Jo turned around away from the crowd of people.

“I just need some water,” Jo said, walking towards a vending machine.

Brian went up to Matt, “Man, what the hell is wrong with you?” He hissed.

“What are you talking about?” Matt asked confused.

“Jo heard you.” Brian walked away, leaving Matt with his mouth hanging open. He blew it he was sure of it.

Brian found Sam and Jo. “Dude, that was awesome,” Jo said highfiving him.

“Thanks,” Brian said. “Where are you guys sleeping tonight?”

“Um, I don’t know,” Sam said.

“Well you guys can come sleep in our hotel rooms, they are always too big for one person,” Matt caught up and said as he placed his arm around Jo.

“Is that a personal invite?” Jo asked looking up at him.

“If you want it to be, babes,” Matt said.

“Alright lets go,” Jo said. “Meet you there guys.”

Jo and Matt walked away, leaving Sam stoned to the ground. “Are you sure she heard him?” Brian asked.

“Yes, she tensed up. I don’t know what she’s doing, I don’t get this, this isn’t Jo.” Brian wrapped his arms around Sam, she looked up at him, and he looked down at her. “You know it’s ok to kiss me right?”

He let out a laugh and lowered his head, their lips barely touching. Then they were touching, Sam slowly opened her mouth and let him discover her. The heat from the kiss traveled all the way to the center of her, she wrapped her arms tighter around his neck, and he grabbed her middle pulling her closer.

A few seconds felt like years, they were both breathing hard, when Brian pulled away, “I’ve wanted to do that ever since I first opened this door, and I found this sassy, journalist, who not only knew my full name but knew how to hurt me, first calling me old, then calling me Jr. all in one night.” He let out a laugh.

“I’ve wanted to do this since the first time I met you,” Sam said.

“I wish I would of remembered that,” Brian said.

“Maybe it’s better this way,” Sam let out a sigh.

“You know the whole hotel room doesn’t sound so bad, as long as you promise not to rape me,” Brian said.

“You can’t rape the willing babe,” Sam laughed remembering the old line.

“True enough.”

Jo was hit with the full blast of the hot air. Matt was right behind her. “How are we getting to the hotel?” He asked as she walked in the direction of her car.

“My car,” Jo supplied very smart like.

“You drove here?” Matt asked.

“Yes, and I’m driving to New York.” Jo reached the car and gave the guy her ticket, he brought the car around.

“Are you nuts?” He asked looking at her as they waited for the credit card to go through.

“Why would I be nuts?” She asked curiously.

“It’s a long drive,” he said realizing how stupid his comment had been.

They got in the car. Jo turned on the engine and it purred under her, she let out a smile. “Hello Baby,” she whispered as the Afterlife song came on. She switched it, it reminded her of the book, tonight was about not repeating those mistakes.

They didn’t say anything on the way to the hotel, Matt was deep in thought probably tired from all the singing. Jo was focused on American traffic. They reached the hotel, Jo gave the guy the keys and met Matt in front of the car.

“Are you sure? I mean I could bunk with one of the other guys,” Matt said right before they entered the hotel.

“I’m sure,” Jo said as she kissed him letting him know she had not been more sure of anything in her life.

Sam and Brian met up with Jimmy, Johnny and Zacky, they all decided to cab it to the hotel. Sam sat on Brian’s lap, while Zacky was next to her. “So….” Zacky said, “Where’s Jo?”

He looked innocent almost, “She’s with Matt,” Brian said sourly.

“So you are getting laid, Matt’s getting laid, and we’re not.” Jimmy said from the front of the cab.

Sam blushed and Brian’s arms tightened around her, the crude comment bothered him. Sam just planted a smile on his lips making sure he understood she was ok with the comments.

“Dude I heard you’re going to interview this awesome writer.” Zacky said, lightning up.

“Yeah,” Sam said gulping.

“That’s awesome, I read the book, it was amazing,” Johnny said.

“How did you get a hold of it?” Sam asked.

“Oh I love Oprah,” Johnny said, “It’s my guilty pleasure.”

Sam laughed out loud a little uneasy, but Brian shook his head letting her know he had not said anything. “I’m actually reading it right now. It’s pretty amazing, I mean the way she captures the death of herself, it’s awesome how she used half of our songs almost. Afterlife is my favourite chapter. The way she meets everyone,” Jimmy sounded excited.

“Watch till next chapters,” Zacky said laughing.

“What happens in the next chapter?” Jimmy asked.

“Dude I can’t tell you,” Zacky said firmly.

“Dude tell me,”

Sam took a deep breath, “She meets a boy names Christian, who becomes so close to her he loses himself in her Shadow, as she enters the Gates they become one. She looks for Vengeance on those who have wronged her and she meets the Reverend who will judge her for her sins, against herself.”

“What?” Zacky said. “Are you kidding me?”

“Didn’t you said you read the book?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah, but I never connected anything. I just thought it was an awesome chapter in general the whole meeting your sins.” Zacky scratched his head.

“Wait I still don’t get it,” Johnny said as they all piled out of the cab.

Brian grabbed Sam’s hand, then Zacky started to talk, “The boy named Christian, Johnny Christ, her Shadow, Matt Shadows, Gates, Synyster Gates, Vengeance, me, the Reverend, Jimmy.”

“Holly shit,” Johnny jumped.

“You mean?” Jimmy asked.

“Yes, you’re all part of her book. You in the end save her,” Sam entered with Brian in tow. He was squeezing her hand showing support. They all got to the elevators.

“So, you went to high school with her,” Johnny said matter of fact.

“You’ve done your research,” Sam smiled.

“Did you know her?” Jimmy asked, leaning against the elevator wall.

“Yes,” Sam said her smile disappearing thinking of the girl Jo used to be.

“Is the story true?” Zacky asked.

The elevator doors opened. Sam didn’t say anything, there stood Jo and Matt. They were making out. “Eww, dudes get a room,” Johnny said stepping out of the elevator.

“We’re about to,” Jo giggled looking at the key card and walking down the hall to the right room. She winked at Sam as she entered the room and winked.

“So did you know her?” Zacky asked.

“No, I never really did,” Sam said, as she just saw a glimpse of the old Jo walk into that room. Maybe meeting Matt did her a world of good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update.
Comments?