‹ Prequel: How To Hold On
Sequel: Moving On

All Grown Up

Feelings Show

Feeling Show - Colbie Cailat

Jo and Sam managed to pack the car up, not a lot of things but still more then they thought they would take with them. “Jo are you sure you want to take the car?” Sam asked again as they put in another suit case.

“Look, I don’t know what is going to happen with Matt but I don’t want to be stuck with him if things go sour.” Jo said as he looked back and tried to remembered if she forgot anything else.

“We didn’t forget anything else. Let’s go,” Sam said as she slipped into the passenger seat. Sam hooked up the I-pod as Jo drove out of the parking lot. “What makes you think things will get sour?”

“Look, Sam shit happens. And this might jus be one of those things. If he liked me he would of said something more then having to let me go every 5 min, we get to talking and then he just hurries off. I mean I’m not comparing him to Brian but you guys talk for hours, and they’re in the same band,” Jo said. Sam couldn’t say anything, in about 4 hours they would reach Windsor, but they weren’t staying long.

After reading half the book, being in Windsor was the last thing Sam wanted. They had discussed it earlier, that they weren’t gonna stop in Windsor. Until they were coming back.

The 4 hours flew like minutes, “Sam?” Jo said as they were just reaching the express way.

“Drive by..” Sam said without looking at her.

“Are you sure?” Jo asked as she put on the blinker.

“Yeah,” Sam said looking out the window. There the house stood, it was in shambles. “How can you stand it?”

“I can’t,” Jo said.

“But you still live here,” Sam turned to look at Jo.

“I don’t come by here, I don’t step on this side of town unless I have to. Unless I need to remember that night,” Jo turned a little to fast away from the house. The memories tearing her apart.

“Why didn’t you sell it?” Sam asked.

“It’s there to remind me. I keep it so every time I wonder about anything I go back to it.” Jo said her jaw tight.

“But…Jo it’s wasn’t your fault,” Sam said, the words she should of said years ago instead of now when it was probably to late.

“Who said it was my fault?” Jo asked.

“You did,” Sam answered.

“When?”

“In the book Jo, in the book, you tell me things that you never said out loud. Why can’t you talk to me?” Sam pleaded.

“And tell you what? You can’t change anything, you can’t change the past and you sure as hell can’t bring her back,” Jo sounded angry.

“But that’s still you. The girl that I used to know she’s still there,” Sam said.

“No she died. She died the moment…” Jo stopped talking. That was the end of that, Sam knew they weren’t going to continue talking about the past in some ways it was better, but not when it ate people apart.

They got to the border, it was close to the concert. They parked the car, and walked to the concert. When they got to the door Sam cut the line. The bouncer looked at her, then at her tickets and let her in. “I could get used to this VIP treatment,” Sam said trying to erase the tension.

“I’m sure you would,” Jo laughed letting Sam know she has already forgotten, it wasn’t a new thing, forgetting about things easily for Jo, but Sam knew it wasn’t easy for her to do that.

They walked back stage, and knocked on the dressing room. Jimmy opened the door, “Holly Shit look who’s here. Little MISS PARTY girl herself. Come in you highness.” He bowed in front of Sam and Jo and let them in, “Oh, and she brought a friend. Might you be the famous Jo?”

“That would be me, without the famous part,” Jo said as Jimmy shook her hand. She was introduced to Johnny and Zacky.

“Do you party as hard as Sam?” Zacky asked.

“Does she? Are you kidding me, she out parties me,” Sam said as Brian walked up behind her and grabbed her, she squealed. Then turned to hug him.

“I’ve missed you babes,” Brian said as he hugged her back.

Matt walked into the room, and everyone seemed to freeze, Jo’s eyes met his and she melted. All her defences thoughts she wanted to say disappeared from her mind. “Hi,” he said, and took a step towards Jo. He grabbed her and hugged her. Then released her.

“Hi, back.” Jo pulled away embarrassed everyone was staring at them.

Someone came into the room. “Dudes we have 15 min, Video time.”

“What’s going on?” Jo asked.

“They’re about to let the crowd know there’s 15 minutes left till they go on stage,” Sam said smiling.

“The girls are going to be in the video,” Johnny said. “I want the hot one.”

“Hey no, I get the hot one,” Zacky said. They both went and grabbed hold of Brian by both arms.

“Fuck off,” Brian said shrugging them off, laughing.

“I’ll do it,” Jo said, she wanted to be nervous about something else.

“All right,” Jimmy said.

“What do I do?” Jo asked.

“Whatever pops into your head babes,” Zacky said.

“Alright,” Jo said excited a smile across her face.

The camera was pointed to her. “Wait I got an idea,” Sam said going up to Matt, she reached for his aviators and hat. Then went to Jo put them on, she then took Brian’s Fedora and placed it on her own head.

“We’re ready,” Sam said winking at Jo.

“Rolling,”

“What’s up Detroit?” Sam asked.
“I can’t hear you!” Jo screamed cupping her ear.
“Ya’ll know what time it is?” Sam asked.
“No, what time is it?” Brian asked from the couch.
“15 min,” Jo said pointing to her watch.
“Till what?” Brian asked opening one eye.
“Till DETROIT GETS ROCKED THE FUCK OUT!!!!” Both Sam and Jo yelled off the top of their lungs.
“Oh shit, I got to get dressed,” the camera points to Johnny who’s running around in a towel.

“That was great,” the camera guy said as he left the room to go watch the video and get it ready.

“That was awesome,” Sam said sitting on Brian’s back, ignoring his protests.

“I’ve got to admit that was pretty cool.” Jo said sitting down on the other couch. Then Johnny came and sat in her lap.

“So, are you taken?” Johnny asked, as Jo looked at Sam, who was laughing.

“No, I‘m not.” Jo said.

“Do you want to be?” Johnny said.

“Hey, I saw her first,” Jimmy jumped in.

“Dudes, she’s all mine, chicks dig guitar players,” Zacky said popping off the beer cap with his sandal.

“True that,” Brian said flipping Sam over.

“Jo,” Matt’s voice cut through everyone’s laughter. “Can I talk to you?”

“Yeah, sure.” Jo said looking at Johnny, he gave her a kiss on the lips and jumped off her.

Jo followed Matt out of the room and into the hall, “What’s up?” Jo asked looking up at his face.

“Look about last time we saw each other… I don’t want you to think …” Jo cut him off.

“I don’t think anything, don’t worry about it,” Jo said pushing her hair from her face.

“Look, it’s just,” Matt started to say.

“Would you just kiss me?” Jo said and he stopped talking, considered the kiss for a moment then bent his head down and kissed her. Her world shattered like it had before. His kiss made her ache inside. He pushed her up against the wall sensing she was about to loose her balance.

He hands went up and down his arms, his traveled to the middle of her back pulling her closer, closer then they were at the moment. Jo couldn’t think that was possible, but they got even closer. She could feel him against her and it made her ache even more.

His leg went between her legs and lifted a little to keep her up because at any moment without his help she would slide to the ground. His kiss felt the same way it had a month ago.

She pulled away from him. “Matt, what do you want?” She asked not quite ready for the answer.

“I want you,” he said biting her bottom lip.

“Ok,” she kissed him again.

Then an assistant was heard down the hall. “Five minutes till the show.”

They pulled away from each other just in time for the boys to step out of the room, Sam being carried by Brain on his shoulders. “Put me down,” she said when she noticed Jo.

He let her slide off him, and kissed her on the cheek. “I’ll see you after the show,” he said, with one look at Jo he nodded and followed the band members.

“What was that about?” Sam asked as they walked towards the stage.

“He wants me,” Jo whispered deep in thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update,
<3