You're Cute When You Scream

Persuasion & Agitation

The chorus of screams had finally ended with the silencing of the demonic generator that fueled the chair. Who was that person sitting in the chair now? Surely that couldn’t be Randi…they must’ve pulled some sort of sick magic trick or something…replacing her body with this one amidst all of the ruckus. The skin of her arms melted and fused with the burning leather on the armrests. Actually, her skin looked like a piece of flame-broiled chicken, right off the grill – an off white base with char marks on top. I cringed in pain just looking at her…I couldn’t even begin to imagine how she must feel right now.

But then again, that’s not Randi. There’s no way in hell that I would ever buy that. I would never be able to sit through something as horrible as my best friend being fried alive. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I wanted to believe that false mental image, fate would not allow it.

Some sparks flew off the chair as the body inside of it moved around a little. A groan soon left her lips as she soon saw that even a simple thing as blinking would become painful. Then a sobbing noise was coming from her, and let me tell you something, even with the very few times I have ever seen Randi cry, I could recognize that that was really her sitting there. And it takes a hell of a lot to make her cry.

It was then as if some sort of light switch had been turned on in my head. I’m not sure why it took so long to realize this – maybe my brain was too numb with trivial pain – but it was almost embarrassing. Regardless, I felt a strange burst of passion arise in me. It wasn’t just any passion…it was more or less a feeling of rage and despair that fused together, creating a powerful, negative energy inside of me. Never before, even in my previous experiences with these sadistic bastards, have I ever felt so furious.

Ronnie was still using his body as a human restraint around me, and it was tight enough to begin to make me feel numb. I knew that if I simply begin to squirm around a bit he would easily catch onto me. So in other words, I’m gonna have to do all this in one, swift move. The others were all distracted in amusement by Randi’s predicament and Katie was the only one available to have eye contact with.

“I’m going to get out of this,” I mouthed silently to her. I couldn’t tell if she truly understood what I was saying or not, but she still nodded solemnly in response and just waited to see what would happen.

“Hey, Ronnie,” I said as seductively as I could, instantly drawing his attention back to me. “Why don’t we pick up where we left off back at the CD place?”

“Are you serious? Huh, I never would’ve expected you to go for that after what you just found out today…” he said smiling almost instantly.

I shrugged, “If I’m going to be stuck here, I might as well enjoy myself a bit. I’m only choosing you because you’re right here, and well I’d take you over any of those other losers any day of the week.”

He smirked smugly as he loosened his grip on me and turned my body around a bit so that he could get a better look at me. “If you insist, then I’m all for it,” he said, leaning forward and sealing the remaining space between us.

You know, I really could see myself falling for him…if he wasn’t one of the bad guys. I allowed myself to really get involved in my business with Ronnie. And the sad thing was that it really wasn’t all that hard to do.

Before anything could really even get started, Synyster stormed over and pulled Ronnie off of me, just as I suspected he would. Slowly, I crawled away from the scene, just in time to still hear some of the verbal combat. “What was that for?” Ronnie complained.

“We still have to finish the punishment before we can get into the fun stuff. Just take your time, alright? Trust me, it will be worth it in the end,” he said calmly. Damn, and here I was hoping that one of them would’ve gotten their faces beaten in.

I finally reached the chair that Randi was still trapped in. I can’t believe that none of them even had the decency to help her out a bit. My fingertips grazed the cold metal cuffs as I carefully made sure to not touch her charred skin, since I’m sure that would most likely hurt to a certain degree. I got both of the ones around her wrist done quickly. I paused a moment to just talk to her.

“I’m s-so sorry Randi. This is all my fault. I got you and Katie put into this position and I will make damn sure to get you two out.”

“Don’t blame yourself. It’s ok. I’ll be fine…it will just take a while for me to recover and then all of us can kick their asses.” I was amazed that even in her incredibly painful position, she was still able to look forward to the future.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Shadows asked, finally noticing that I had Randi supported on my shoulders and set her down on the ground with some of the cushions from the couch.

“Well I think I just took my friend out of that death trap, and sat her down in a more comfortable surrounding,” I replied, being a smartass.

“Oh is that all you were doing?” he replied in the same tone I had just used.

“Yeah, do you have a problem with it?” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“I do, actually,” he said, with his voice sounding suddenly far too close to me for comfort.

The next thing I know, I being shoved up against the wall by him. And he didn’t waste anytime gripping my arms, which were still covered in crusted, hard blood. “I’m sorry,” he continued applying pressure, “but maybe you forgot who is in charge here. How about a little reminder?”

One of his hands moved down toward my stomach, where the deep stab wounds were, still dripping miniscule amounts of blood. I, in turn, used my own free hand to pull him back, seeing as his moves are all too predictable. Unfortunately, I wasn’t strong enough to stop him. He pulled his hand away from mine and backhanded me across the face, whipping my head all the way to the right, sending waves of burning pain across my face and down my spine.

While I was trying to recover from that unexpected blow, he had enough time to move his finger back to where he was heading. Without further hesitation, he slammed his finger inside the open wound, touching my exposed skin tissue. I screamed out as soon as the contact was made. Apparently, the insides of someone’s skin was much more sensitive than I would’ve imagined. I couldn’t stop screaming – hell, this hurt more than the stabbing, if that’s even logistical. He grinned as he watched me twitch and writhe in pain below him, thanks to him.

“Aw, I’m sorry, Myra, I didn’t mean to get my finger stuck in that hole in your stomach. And damn, look at all this mess I’ve made,” he said in a sickly sweet voice as he ripped his finger out of the wound, allowing curtains of blood to grace the white carpeting with its presence. He let go of my other arm and let me drop to the floor.

“Next time,” he said kicking me in the ribs, “don’t try and help your little friends out. You’ll just be the one getting hurt.” Ha, as horrible as these past fifteen minutes have been, he’s still insane if he thinks that it was enough to stop me from saving them.

Almost as if right on cue with my thoughts, Zacky spoke up, “Now that all that excitement is done, why don’t we welcome the new girl to the club?” That ‘new girl’ he was referring to was Katie and I promised myself for sure that she would not get harmed during her stay here.

Katie kind of gasped in response, knowing as well that she was who they were referring to. “You stay away from her,” I growled, cradling my ribs and covering my gushing re-opened room.

“And what exactly do you think you can do about it?” the Rev snorted, taking a few steps closer to Katie. “Didn’t Shads just tell you to quit getting involved?”

I laughed sarcastically, “That’s for me to know and you to find out. Oh, and please, was that supposed to scare me?” Maybe I may have spoken my mind just a bit too much.

The chair that Shadows had been sitting on flew backwards onto the ground as he jumped up from his seat and clutched my throat, slamming me back to the floor. “Keep your fucking mouth shut,” he growled, squeezing a bit tighter.

I may seem stupid in this situation, but I did still have some common sense in me. I kept myself quiet at this point, but maintained my glare in his direction until he finally gave me permission to breathe again.

“Anyway, before that little distraction got in the way again, I agree with you two,” Syn said talking to Zacky and the Rev. Then he turned his attention to Katie specifically with a twisted smirk on his face. “And what did you say your name was?”

She visibly swallowed her fear and spoke. “I never told you,” she sneered. Synyster was a little taken aback by her sudden attitude, but it didn’t deter him nonetheless.

“Oh, my bad. How about this then, why don’t you tell me what your name is?”

“How about not?”

He nodded to Zacky who was standing right behind her, who picked up on the signal. “Why don’t you tell them for me, baby?” he whispered sweetly in her ear.

“Why would I ever do anything for you?” she asked, flabbergasted.

“Because I’ll make it feel so good after you do,” he purred.

I watched them both intently, and was kind of disgusted at what I was witnessing. For the slightest second, I saw a flicker of persuasion cross her face. In other words, it appeared that she was considering even daring to do what he asked of her.

“I highly doubt that you have it in you to do anything like that to me,” she challenged while crossing her arms over her chest. If she gives in to him now, then there’s no telling how much farther she could get sucked in later on.

*Katie’s POV*

I could feel the hairs on my body stand up the moment Zacky’s fingertips made contact with my skin. This is just pathetic, I mean I know that he’s hot and all but he’s evil. He’s one of those assholes that did all of those horrible things to Myra and Randi before, and I’m sure he won’t hesitate to re-do it all over again.

I suppose I could blame my easy reaction on the fact that I haven’t been in contact with guys in this manner for a few months now. But c’mon, there’s no way this murderer could be that guy that I’m looking for anyway. C’mon, Katie, don’t give in like this!

“If you just tell me your name, I can promise you so much. I’ll make sure that none of the other guys hurt you. You’ll be treated like a queen compared to those other whores,” he whispered in my ear, specifically so that the others couldn’t hear it.

Wait…does he really mean that? Could I really be treated so specially? I really would rather not die here, especially since this isn’t even my battle to fight. This is the only way that some good could come from this situation.

Subtly, I nodded in response, “I’ll do it, if you keep up your end of the bargain.”

“Of course I will, babe. Believe it or not, I picked you up to go along with us because I liked you, so feel special. We can discuss this further tonight when the others aren’t around.”

Those words, oddly enough, were exactly what I wanted to hear right then and there…so what did I do? I agreed. “Katie,” I said loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. “My name is Katie.”

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at me with mixed reactions. Randi didn’t even bother to look at me; Myra glared in my direction, with a mixed look of sadness in her eyes; the others exchanged smirks.

Johnny finally said, “Well it looks like Zacky’s got a good hold on this new one.” All the guys laughed in agreement.

I chose to ignore all the looks I was receiving, and just wanted to wait and see what would happen from here on out. If Zacky was being honest, and I sure as hell hope that he was, then this won’t be so bad. Well, at least I will be able to get through it with no problem.

*Myra’s POV*

Was she even being serious right about now?! How could Katie give in to that douche bag’s words so easily? I mean, I know that all she did was announce her name for the waiting audience, but still…that can easily foreshadow the fact that she will reveal and do much more for them in the future. I trust my own friend and all, but why would she do this to us now of all times? I feel so betrayed – and it’s all their fault. They pushed her to go against us and she did. I will not let them do this to us, god damn it!

“Ok, this is all gonna stop right now,” I shouted, enraged as I stood up off the floor and made sure to glare at each one of them. “I have gone through enough of your shit. You all think you’re so strong, which is just a fucking lie. You’re all assholes with twisted minds. You’re freaks.”

“Oh is that what we are now?” Shadows asked taking a step too close to me.

Now or never…

“You know it,” I said confidently, as I slammed my fist into my free palm and raised my elbow high enough to hit him right in the jaw. I’d say that the pure shock alone was enough to knock him down to the ground.

“FIGHT! FIGHT!” Rev and Johnny shouted, enjoying the sight before them.

I know that with this rage boiling my blood I’d definitely be able to take one of them on, but that’s about my limit. Synyster lunged forward and held me in place by wrapping his huge arm around my neck.

“Ok, Myra, you want a fight? You got it. After all, the only thing I want to do is make you happy,” he whispered, finishing with a haunting laugh. What did I just get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
alright i made this chapter nice and long since im traveling around in a car right now lol

anyway what's going to happen to myra now? will randi recover? and will katie keep her deal with zacky? find out in the next chapter!

5+ comments please