You're Cute When You Scream

Fork In The Road

*Shadows’ POV*

Since this whole security breech in the hospital was so unexpected, the cops weren’t exactly prepared. So, that’s why they had us sitting in the city’s local precinct’s holding cell. I mean, hell they must be pretty stupid. If we were able to break out of a maximum security prison, then what makes them think we’d just kindly sit and wait in a tiny holding cell?

The Rev had decided to sit on the bunk bed, counting the number of bullet holes in the walls. I, on the other hand, was already plotting our escape, only twenty-five minutes into it all.

The guard standing closest to the cell had his back turned to us, with his weapons belt right in reach. But then things weren’t as simple – should we go with snatching the gun or the knife? Well since I’m the one planning, I think I’ll go with my preferred weapon of choice.

Slow and steady was usually the method that most people in this kind of situation would take, but then again, I’m not most people. Before going in for the gun, I whacked Rev on the back of his head indicating that he should wake up and get ready to make a run for it. Glancing out between the bars, I saw that there were only three guys in the entire area. What a joke.

Without waiting any further, I pulled the gun out from the holster on his belt. The gun was shoved up against his temple and almost immediately on contact he started shaking and begging for me to lower the gun. Ha, and he calls himself a cop? Just to mess with him a little more, I clicked the trigger into place, causing him to scream out a little.

“Ready to let us go now, officer?” I sneered.

He was about to speak, and I could’ve sworn that he was actually just going to let us go – not that it mattered because we’d kill them all anyway. “H-help!” he cried out. Didn’t see that one coming. The other officer over by the desk hit a large red button and soon sirens were blaring.

“Guess we better get moving,” the Rev said shoving me forward.

I shrugged, “Yeah, I don’t see why we should postpone our great escape any more.”

Then the gun was finally fired, putting this officer’s brains on display. Before his body fell entirely to the ground, I grabbed the keys from his belt and unlocked the door. By the time all of this had happened, the other cops in the room caught onto what we were up to and they had guns of their own aimed at us.

But there was a difference between them pointing a gun and me pointing a gun. I didn’t waste my time with intimidation, I just did it. Bullets littered the floor as I barely even had to lift up and extend my arm to eliminate nearly half of this office’s cops. It was practically a massacre.

Somehow the gun had just enough bullets in it to last us through to the entrance. A total of about 10 people drenched in blood lay back in the police office. We’d get to be tonight’s biggest news story. Almost thinking the exact same thing I was, the Rev laughed, “We better get home soon; don’t wanna miss hearing about that again on the news.”

And just so we wouldn’t have to walk all those miles back to the hospital, we felt bold enough to even get in a cab. Since it was almost night time, it was too dark for the driver to see our faces anyway. Once we arrived at the hospital, we found the truck waiting for us in the parking lot. I was about to get into the driver’s seat, but the Rev stopped me by pulling on my arm.

“What is it dude?”

“Look!” he exclaimed pointing to the sky. Coming down from the clouds was none other than snowflakes.

“What have you never seen snow before?” I laughed.

He scoffed, “Of course I have.” Even though we could both see through that.

“Welcome to Christmas in New York,” I said, getting into the truck and heading back home. Christmas Eve was tomorrow.

And oh will Randi be in for one hell of a surprise.

*Randi’s POV*

In all honesty, I wasn’t really sure whether we can trust Zacky or not. I mean hell he seems like a completely different person this second time around, ever since he met Katie. Criminals such as these guys can’t possibly be changed by their feelings for one girl can they?

“So let’s hear this plan of yours,” Katie suggested, bringing me out of my contemplative thoughts.

“It’s pretty straight forward. On the way in I noticed that there was a fork in the road. If he helps us get out to that road, then you and I can split up. I think that we can cover more ground if we do that.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that, Randi,” Katie said uneasily, “one of us is bound to run into them whenever they return.”

Zacky shrugged, “Well, if they’re locked up like she claims, then they should be there for a bit before they can get close to being in this area.”

She sighed, “I hope so. I just have a bad feeling about this.”

“Trust me, I’m a master planner,” I grinned.

I turned to face Zacky, “Ok, can you drop us off there?”

He nodded, “Yeah I guess we better get this shit over with before the guys upstairs notice.”

We scurried out to the car and he drove off to the fork in the road. Now the question is: who gets which road.

*Normal POV*

I clutched the pillow closest to me, while still keeping it far enough away from me so that I wouldn’t hurt the little baby that might be growing inside of me. The thought alone was in some sickening way incredibly bittersweet. I mean I always get along with kids so clearly I’d want kids…just not this soon, and definitely not with him.

What would I do once the baby was born? Would I be freed by then…or would I be trapped here? And better yet, what will the father, whoever it is, do? So many scary thoughts were buzzing in my head, I felt just about ready to pass out.

The door creaked open a little, revealing Ronnie carrying a tray with pizza rolls and a glass of water. “I thought you might’ve wanted some food. There’s a mini-kitchen up here,” he explained.

I was still kind of confused as to why he was being so nice all the sudden – seeing as he did just rape me in two ways. “Uh, well thanks I guess. I haven’t eaten anything in a while.”

He nodded as he set the tray down in front of me and kept his distance. Odd…it’s like he’s a totally different person than from before.

After chomping down on the delicious rolls for a couple minutes, I got sick of the silence. “What’s with you?” I blurted out.

He didn’t seem too surprised, like he was expecting me to finally crack. “You’re pregnant, aren’t you?” he answered with another question. I was definitely not expecting that to come out of his mouth, especially since I didn’t think he’d be smart enough to know that that test was even put in here.

“N-no, of course not,” I mumbled.

He gasped, “You totally are.”

I don’t exactly think of Ronnie as the kind of guy I should try to trust again, but if he really is trying to be nicer, then I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell someone.

“Ok well the test said positive…but it could be wrong, right? I mean they always say that those tests can’t –.”

Ronnie cut me off, “I doubt it. I don’t know why, Myra, but I think that this test just might be right.”

I groaned, “Oh, no don’t say something like that. It’s not what I need to hear right now!”

“Sometimes the truth isn’t what you want to hear.”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, just like how sometimes a girl doesn’t want the living shit raped out of her, with a chance of pregnancy.”

“Look, I’m kinda sorry for doing that. I didn’t want to get you banged up like that, regardless of whether it was me or Syn who actually ended up doing it.”

The weird thing was that I almost sensed a bit of sincerity in what he was saying. I don’t get what’s up with these total bi-polar guys in this house but it’s really starting to get old.

“So what am I supposed to do?” I asked.

“You know what we have to do,” he said grimly, “we need to get tested to see who the real father is. I’m sure that will determine what's to come.”

*Zacky’s POV*

Randi’s plan couldn’t have worked any better in my favor. In all honesty, she was still on my bad side from the first time we kidnapped those two. I’m all for saving Katie, though. I don’t know what makes her so different from any other girl we’ve dragged here.

Maybe she’s just that one person that I’m meant to be with – oh damn it what are those called….soulmate! That’s it, she could be my soulmate. Although, since when does Zacky Vengeance believe in sissy shit like that. Since he met Katie.

Well anyway, back to why I like her plan so much. She said that her and Katie should head for the fork in the road, each of them taking their own road. The guys, whenever they get out of wherever they’re at, will be coming up on the right side of the road.

So all I’ve got to do is make sure that Randi walks up that way and have Katie go down the left side that leads right to safety, with no chances for her to run into them. I’ll simply say that I trusted her enough to go out and get me something. And well as for Randi, I’ll just say that she was dropped off from the hospital, thought about coming inside, but then decided to just escape. It’s foolproof.

Once we actually reached the fork, I said I’d blindfold each of them and spin them around a little before having them stop. Whichever direction they would be facing would determine which side of the road they’d take. Of course, since I could actually see, it made it rather easy for me to direct them each down the road I’d want them to take.

First, I spun Katie and made sure that she landed pointing toward the left. Since Randi knew that she was second, she scoffed, “Is it even necessary to spin me?”

I rolled my eyes, “I guess not.” I didn’t really care what we did now that their fates were decided.

Randi took off her blindfold and walked over to Katie. “We’re both going to make it through this, right?”

Katie hesitated before answering shakily, “I hope we do, Randi. I really do…but isn’t this still too much of a risk?”

She shook her head, “No, it’s not…but still, sometimes to reach safety, you have to take risks and do things you might be scared to do. Believe me, Myra and I were in this situation only a couple months ago, and if we had had an opportunity like this, you can bet that we definitely would’ve taken it.”

That seemed to calm Katie down a little bit. “O-ok, I guess you’re right. Let’s get this over with then.”

They shared a heartfelt hug and gave each other and encouraging smile before parting. Randi turned to look at me with a hard stare before offering a mere, “Thanks.” I nodded in response and faced Katie.

“I guess this is goodbye, huh?”

I shrugged, “Who knows. Maybe I’ll get to see you again when the cops try and arrest us.”

“No, I can’t turn you in,” she almost whispered.

“Why not?”

“I was just starting to get to know you. But from what I’ve seen, you’re not as bad as the others. You saved my life and now are helping us escape. Trust me, you’ll be fine.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “Well, thanks for that Katie, it’s a nice thought. Too bad the law can’t be as considerate as you.”

She replied by leaning forward and allowing her lips to slightly brush up against mine. She smiled after we parted and she ran off in her direction. Randi had already taken off.

Now all there was to do is wait. And I guess it wouldn’t hurt to go upstairs and see what those three have been up to all day and night, seeing as already it was getting pretty dark out.

*Shadows’ POV*

Since we’ve been so busy grabbing and killing girls, time seemed to slip away. I mean hell, Christmas is tomorrow and we have no presents or even a tree. “What do you say we make a detour?” I asked, spinning the wheel so we backtracked to a Christmas store.

“Someone seems festive all the sudden,” Rev laughed, helping me pick out stuff.

“It’s the one holiday that kinda brings everyone together, what can I say…it’s my favorite.”

He nodded, “Agreed. Think we can pull something good off so last minute?”

“Of course we can. We’ve got endless cash, a truck, and the open road.”

We spent about an hour or so in the store, filling up the bed of the truck with everything from a tree to lights to ornaments to presents.

On the drive home, however, we found something rather interesting and unexpected waiting for us on the side of the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: will ronnie become another circumstancial good guy or will his kindness vanish again? how can christmas with a couple of criminals be? you'll be in for one big surprise when you read the next chapter!

go check out my newest gory thriller It's Up To Me To Make You Bleed!

5+ comments