You're Cute When You Scream

Help For The Helpless

It’s been about a month now, and Chris had to spend every single day of it in the hospital not only because his stab wound was rather deep, but also because his body had to fight off an infection as well. His entire family, at some point, had all flown in from Utah to see him. The hospital was on campus, so I’d usually stop by and visit him whenever I got bored or had a break between classes.

It was strange living in the apartment alone…Myra, Katie, and Randi being kidnapped and Chris lying in the hospital. I sighed to myself as I tapped the beat of “Mexican Hat Dance” with my feet on the tiled floor of Chris’ hospital room. Why that song would be stuck in my head now of all times is honestly beyond me.

The nurse came into the room with a cart of food for him. She smiled when she saw me, knowing I was a regular here. “I’ve got some good news for you, Pablo,” she said, setting up Chris’ food tray.

My ears perked up immediately. “Oooh, do tell.”

“The doctor says that Chris can go home today after he takes some final tests.”

“Wow, that’s awesome!”

By now, Chris woke up as well and heard the good news too. “Bout damn time I get out of here,” he said.

“Hey, how come you never identified who did all this to you in the first place?” the nurse inquired.

“I tried to tell one cop, but he just laughed in my face. Now things are different. Now there’s proof of what I tried to tell them in the first place,” he replied.

The nurse’s eyes widened in fear. “W-who did this to you?” she whispered.

“Avenged Sevenfold.”

*Katie’s POV*

The room was trapped in silent pain until all of the others filed out, closing the door behind them. Zacky sat down at the edge of the bed, his head in his hands and his shoulders heaving. Was he…crying? I refused to care. After all, he sure had no problem showing the exact extent of his apathy. Monsters don’t need someone to care for them…they don’t want love.

After a little more of whatever he was doing down there, he finally decided to be a man and face me, crawling up a little closer and reaching into the nightstand drawer. The room was near pitch black, but I could still make out his silhouette. He carried some disinfectant and gauze to my side and began treating the horribly painful wound on my leg.

Normally, when someone would spray something to clean the injury, I would jerk away or let out a gasp of slight pain…but not this time. I felt dead, unable to do anything but breathe and stare. A living corpse.

“Katie…I…I need to talk to you,” he said suddenly, his eyes burning into my own. I considered not responding at all, but I was slightly curious to see how he could ever hope to say anything that he thinks could make me feel any better.

“What?” I replied bitterly.

“You have a right to know what happened just now and why I acted the way I did.”

“Oh, you mean how you had to torment me in countless ways just to keep your cover up…or was it more along the lines that you really are nothing more than Zacky Vengeance?” I fumed.

“Please, just let me explain,” he said meekly…ashamed. I stayed silent, encouraging him to continue.

“This was something I really didn’t want to do to you. And that feeling has been haunting me since all of this started, way back when Myra and Syn were dating. They all went dark side on me and began killing their girlfriends, one at a time. The last two that were left were my girlfriend, Kayla, and Myra. We all went over to Kayla’s house one day after school and ‘surprised’ her. I don’t really know why I did what they wanted…I loved Kayla…and yet I was still able to stab her countless times, standing still, emotionless, watching her fall to the ground into a puddle of her blood, staining her carpet. That’s why I lost control so easily. You reminded me of her…of how I felt that day. I lost control because of my self-hate and regret. You in no way deserved any of that…and Katie, I’m truly sorry. I never wanted any of this…”

Wait, so Zacky was forced to be like them from the start? Does that mean that his “tough guy” motif was the act? “I…I didn’t know that you were forced into all of this. I’m sorry about what you’ve had to go through, Zacky,” I whispered.

He chuckled a little, bitterly. “You have nothing to be sorry for. I’m the fuck up here. You just started rebuilding your trust with me back in the hospital, and then this happened. You must hate me.”

“I’m not sure what I think right now. I can’t deal with this back and forth nice and bad guy personality change, Zacky. You need to decided whether you want me or them.”

He didn’t take too long to answer. “I already know the answer to that. I want you.”

“How do I know that?”

This time he decided to use actions to describe what he meant. He gently leaned forward and placed his lips on top of mine, while stroking the side of my face with his fingers. The kiss was so delicate…I couldn’t believe it came from the same person who just raped me.

“I love you, Katie…I know that to be true. I understand it will take time for you to trust me again, but just know, my heart feels like it’s on fire after having to witness what I’d done to you.”

He slowly lifted me up and placed me under the covers, soon joining me. His words were touching, and somewhat comforting…but one thought had been torturing my mind since this nightmare began…did he just like me because I reminded him of Kayla?

*Aliza’s POV*

I really shouldn’t have drunk so much juice when Ronnie and I were alone in the house earlier today. My bladder felt like it was going to explode. Nicole had fallen asleep a little after Myra snuck out, not that I blame her. I don’t understand how she was able to bear staying awake for as long as she did. It was very admirable.

I, on the other hand, couldn’t stand another minute of this feeling. Surely, they wouldn’t mind if I just let the room for a quick bathroom break. Quietly, I pushed the dresser aside and crawled out of the hole, wandering the halls, hoping I didn’t open any wrong doors. Of course, with my luck one of them was in the hall a few feet in front of me. He was the short one…I wonder if he’s a good or bad guy?

The short man approached me with an inquisitive look on his face. “Can I ask what you’re doing out and about?”

“Uh, I was just looking for the bathroom. I have to pee badly,” I explained.

He made an ‘O’ with his mouth and grabbed my hand leading me to the right room. I thanked him before running inside and taking care of my business. When I came back out, he was still standing there, with his arms crossed casually across his chest. He was still giving me that weird look.

Finally, he voiced his confusion. “I’m sorry but…who are you?”

“I’m Aliza, and you are?”

He stuck out a hand to be shaken. “The name’s Johnny Christ.”

Wow, he sure was different than the others…I can see why Ronnie said he’d join our side. “Ah, so you’re Johnny. Glad I found you!”

“Wait, what?”

I couldn’t help but grin. “Do you have a room of your own here?”

“Yes…”

“Let’s go there, I need to talk to you,” I explained, before he could get the wrong idea.

He shrugged and led me down the hall further until we reached his bedroom. I waited until the door was surely closed before getting to the point. “Do you enjoy your lifestyle?” I asked.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Do you enjoy living with a bunch of crazed murders?”

“It has its up’s and down’s,” he replied simply.

I rolled my eyes…of course he would play hard to get. “Let me get straight to the point. If you had a chance to get out, would you take it?”

His eyes widened in surprise. “Are you asking me to help you escape or something?” he asked, speaking in a hushed tone.

“Not exactly…it’s more of a conspiracy,” I said.

“You have my attention.”

*Myra’s POV*

I stared at Ronnie in both disbelief and in admiration. If what he just essentially said was true, then so many good things could come from that. I wasn’t sure if I truly “loved” him, but I will say…he is hot…and I wouldn’t say no if he ever asked me out.

I let a smile escape and quickly stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waste. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but it’s been ten minutes now…and I’m supposed to be making a sandwich. Hopefully, he can assume that my reaction was positive. If we were both serious about this, though, it was going to take a lot of hard work to act on it without someone like Synyster Gates finding out.

I cringed when I heard him shout my name as he descended the staircase. Ronnie quickly shoved the M&M’s back into the bag and carried it over to the refrigerator so he wasn’t standing so close to me. “What the fuck is taking so long?” he demanded, entering the kitchen.

“Just trying to make it tasty,” I said adding a fake smile.

“Riiight, well then you wouldn’t mind taking the first bite, right?”

I rolled my eyes…I only wish I had enough luck to have poisoned his food. I took a nice big bite out of the sandwich before throwing it down on a plate and shoving it across the counter toward him. He watched me intently until I swallowed, proving it was ok to eat.

“Thanks for keeping an eye on her, Ronnie. You never know what this one is capable of,” Syn said as he dragged me out of the kitchen.

Oh if he only knew what I was ‘capable of.’

Originally, I thought Syn was going to take me into his room, so I was a little surprised to find that we ended up heading for Shadows’ room. As soon as the door opened, the smell of rotting flesh filled my nostrils. He shoved me inside with a hard push, and I ended up tripping over a stack of clothes on the floor. I fell onto the side of the bed, which was nasty because I’m sure plenty of disgusting things took place on this mattress…but then I realized why he brought me to this room.

Randi’s lifeless body was laying mere inches in front of me. I screamed out as I scrambled off the bed, hardly able to witness what had become of my best friend. Her skin had turned a horrible, lifeless shade of gray…and her bones were sticking out tremendously through her flesh. A trail of what appeared to be fresh blood trailed from her eyes…flies were swarming around that terrible hole in her neck.

The door opened and closed again as Shadows stepped forward. “Had to rip her eyes out. I didn’t like the feeling of being watched as I fucked her,” he commented.

I found my footing and glared at him. “You did what?!” I shouted.

He grinned, “Since you can’t understand English, allow me to demonstrate.”

Syn immediately took the hint and stepped up behind me, developing a strong grip around my torso…easily restricting my breathing and movement. Shadows crawled up onto the bloodstained bed and tugged on one of the many holes in her pants to pull them down just enough. He sent an absolutely evil smile in my direction as he unzipped his pants and pulled his dick out, sending it right into her vagina, with no protest, no pain.

I felt vomit spill from my mouth as I watched her still body move up and down beyond her control in accordance with his rhythm. He finished quickly, spraying his cum all over her vagina, covering layers of dried cum from previous occasions, earning another round of vomit from me.

Tears mixed with the chunks of God knows what on my face as Synyster let me go, dropping to the ground. My body began shaking as the tears poured out faster and faster. Oh, Randi…I’m so sorry…

*Chris’ POV*

“Wait, run that by me again,” Officer Peterson requested.

“Members of Avenged Sevenfold broke into our apartment, kidnapped Myra Thompson, and stabbed me. I’m not sure how they got Randi Allis or Katie Johnson, but they have been missing since the same time,” I explained.

“I don’t understand how that’s possible though…they were put in a maximum security prison!”

“Believe it,” another officer insisted, stepping into the room. “I just got off the phone with one of the guards from the same prison those men were being held at. A widespread series of escapes happened early December, right when Mr. Parolee described the attack.”

“Well I’ll be damned. In that case, Wallace, go assemble a special task force. Keep it quiet…I don’t want the media knowing about this yet.”

Officer Peterson turned to Pablo and me and said, “Don’t worry, boys, we’ll get this figured out. I can promise you that the NYPD is much better than the LAPD.” He stood up and left the room after a couple of minutes to check on the other officer.

Pablo sighed heavily, “Dude, I wish there was some sort of way that we could reach them and let them know that we’re working on saving them.”

I nodded, “I know what you mean. Hey, wait a minute I have a bit of a crazy idea but it might work! You know how Randi’s favorite movie is Batman Begins? What if somehow we made a bat signal and light it up for a little bit? If they’re anywhere in the area then I’m sure she’d recognize it and let the others know.”

Pablo laughed a little, “That would be so tight!”

“You need us to make a what?!” the officer asked, highly confused.

“We need a bat signal…just to let the girls know that we’re on our way. It really shouldn’t be so expensive…after all they had to make one for the movie(s) didn’t they?”

“Do you really think this will be worth it?”

Pablo and I both nodded our heads sincerely. The officer put in a call for the prop…it would take a good couple hours though because they kept it upstate where the actual set was for the movie. Hey, it could’ve been worse.

*The Rev’s POV*

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Vengeance is a traitor? No…I refuse to believe that…it’s that damn girl! She’s been messing with his head ever since she came here. I need to get her away from him. I waited in the dark corner of the room until I was sure that they both were asleep before slipping out the door.

Hmm I wonder if I should deal with this myself…or let Shadows in on the fun? That can be decided when the time is right. For now I think I’ll go have a little fun of my own.

I unlocked the door where I was told that the two new girls should be…however, I only found one lying alone in the dark. “Looks like someone could use a little company,” I grinned, closing the door behind me and turning a lamp on, admiring the work I’d done on her at the hospital.

She stirred in her sleep blinking a few times before she was able to recognize her visitor. “Please,” she cried, trying to scoot away from me, “just leave me alone.”

“Why would anyone ever want to leave a pretty girl alone?” I asked, sitting down next to her and resting my hand on her leg, knowing all to well how bad that would hurt.

She screamed out as the pain overwhelmed her. “What do you want from me? What do I have to do to make you stop?” she pleaded.

“You’re doing just fine. All I want to do is make you scream,” I grinned, digging a pair of scissors out of my back pocket and savoring the look of fear fill her eyes.

The chopping sound of the two scissor blades filled he air as a nice piece of her flesh became trapped in between them. Blood slowly squirted out, leaking onto my hand. And her vocals didn’t disappoint either.

*Myra’s POV*

Syn eventually moved me back to his own room, thankfully leaving me alone with the door locked behind him. I crawled over by the window and looked up at the starless sky, staring into the blackness of the forest. Just as I was about to turn and walk over to the bed, something caught my eye.

The bat signal was shinning dimly in the distance…wait I must be hallucinating. I blinked several times, and found that each time the signal remained. Who would do something like this? Unless…could it be Chris and Pablo? They both know Randi loved Batman…and Christian Bale.

They must be working with the cops…they must be working on a way to save us, or at least I could only hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
in the next chapter: six months have passed and things only seem to be getting worse for the girls, especially for myra who is well into her pregnancy by then

also i have a couple random questions....1.) since the original scream story was written a few years ago, im thinking about editing it a bit, possibly adding some new chapters, yes/no? 2.) would anyone be interested in a Vampire Diaries fanfic? lol just wondering out of curiosity...opinions are welcomed =]

5+ comments would be great :)