Until the End

Future Job

Morning came so fast, more like noon. I groaned as the sun woke me up. I forgot to close the curtains last night. Yawning I got up and took a quick shower. It was surprisingly quiet; I was expecting some noise around the house. I shrugged after getting dressed and headed to downstairs to find all of them still sleeping on the floor. I giggled silently and tiptoed my way over to the kitchen. I decided to make a big breakfast while they were passed out. Plugging the earphones of my iPod to my ears, I started with some waffles.

I was practically mumbling the lyrics and dancing as I cooked breakfast. I placed the bacon and waffles on the table then turned around to grab the plate of eggs. Once putting it on the table, I noticed one of the waffles missing. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced around coming in contact with something hard that one of my earphones dropped.

“Brian?”

He had a goofy smile while taking a bite of the waffle. That explains where it went. “Morning!” He said cheerfully. I was confused; shouldn’t he have a hangover by now?

“How come you’re so cheerful and don’t have a headache?” I asked grabbing a few cups and placing them on the table along with some juice.

Brian just shrugged not replying for a moment then said “Well, I woke up early with a few hours ago with a huge headache then noticed a glass of water and some aspirin on the table.”

Then I remembered that I gave him those last night before I went to bed. I blushed and looked down not wanting to meet his gaze. Then he suddenly spoke “Don’t try to hide it, I know you care about me Kirsten. Now come on give me a hug.” Brian opened his arms waiting for me to fall into them.

I crossed my arms and shook my head ‘no’. He took a few steps forward while I stepped back. I made a run for it and headed towards the stairs. He caught me before I was halfway upstairs. “Haner let me go!” I said sternly, but of course he didn’t obey me. I was thrown over his shoulder and I gasped hitting his back as hard as I could.

“Hey hey! Stop that, it hurts you know.”

“Then put me down!”

“Nah, I’m enjoying the view.” I could feel him smirk while he gave my ass a light slap.

“Christ! Would you put me down already?” I said wiggling.

“Sure.” He let go of me and dropped me on the floor just like that. I yelped once my back hit the cold hard floor. I rubbed my back with one hand and the other extended it. “Help me up?” I asked with a slight pout.

Brian rolled his eyes then grabbed my hand and I pulled him down making him fall hard on his stomach. I chuckled patting his back before getting up, but felt something wrap around my ankle and pull me down. I groaned turning to face him “Had enough yet?”

This time I didn’t get up and stayed on the floor having a feeling that he would pull me again. Brian got up and so did I. We stared at each other waiting for someone to make a move. His eyes were laughing and I knew he was up to something. I shook my head and was about to run, but he had already grabbed me and stared to tickle me. I was surprised that no one woke up by now.

I was laughing so hard that tears came out of my eyes. I begged him to stop, but he kept laughing with me not stopping. After a while he got tired and stopped. By now we were both on the floor again with him straddling me. I calmed down and took a deep breath. I noticed that he was inching closer as if to kiss and I put my hand on his face pushing him it away. “Uh, what are you doing?”

“I thought it was the perfect moment to kiss you like the ones in the movies.”

I laughed slapping his arm playfully and got up pulling him along with me. I peeked at the guys and they were still sleeping. I grinned evilly at Brian and he mirrored it and watched me go to the kitchen. I grabbed a pan and a spoon and rushed to the living room. I glanced at him before hitting the pan with the spoon.

Everyone groaned waking up and holding their heads. Zacky was the first to shot up and yelled “Pie!” The others didn’t bother to laugh since it would make their headache worse. Brian and I laughed then I said “Come on guys get up! Breakfast is getting cold.”

Once I said that the guys rushed to the kitchen while the girls followed them slowly. After eating they all thanked me and started to plan their day. I turned to Ashley to make plans with her, but she already did with Jimmy. It was more of a date than just hanging out. I listened in to what the others were talking about and Tihana said something about going to work, she was a photographer. I on the other hand had called up the music store and told them I had to take three months off and they agreed not caring since there would always be other employees. It was a dead end job anyway, no future in that place. I always wanted to be a journalist, writing in the music sections to be specific. I’ve written a few articles mainly for myself so I could show my work if I apply for a job somewhere.

I was snapped out of my thoughts hearing someone say my name. “Hm?”

They all laughed at how oblivious I was to their conversation. “I said would you like to come with us to a radio interview?”

I nodded “Yeah sure, sounds fun!” However, it wasn’t that day. The interview was the following day. I was getting bored as seconds passed and Brian noticed.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You seem zoned out.”

“Nothing, just bored. Got no work today and I’m probably going to quit and find another job once we get back from tour. I hate it there, I have no future there.” I said truthfully looking at Brian waiting for him to make a snide remark or laugh.

He seemed to be listening to me and surprisingly asked in interest “What do you want to be then?”

“I want to be a journalist, mainly write about music…No one knows, not even Ashley but I’ve written some articles just for the fun of it and hoping to show them when I apply for the job.”

“Really? Wow, that’s cool. Mind if I read them?” He asked hopefully which stunned me.

“Um…” I wasn’t sure if I should show it to him. It was about their band and some other bands, but most of my articles were about Avenged Sevenfold. “I don’t know.” I bit my lip.

“Oh come on, I’m sure it’s good.” He encouraged me patting my shoulder.

I bit down my lip harder and blushed. “It’s not that, it’s just…” I couldn’t find the words to say it. Yes, I was shy and it would be embarrassing to show him what I wrote about him and the band.

Brian was confused then the light bulb in his head must have turned on since he smirked and said “It’s about us, isn’t it?”

By then everyone’s attention turned to us. “What is?” Matt asked and I shook my head at Brian, but his smirk grew wider.

“Kirsten here has written some articles about us.” He said proudly and I hid my face in arms not daring to look at their faces.

“I wanna see it!” Zacky and Johnny said at the same time excitedly. The others looked eager also and I groaned. “Thanks a lot, Syn.”

“No problem.” He gave me a toothy grin and I rolled my eyes. The guys kept pestering me till I gave up and opened my laptop to show it to them.

I sat on the couch across from them biting my lip and moving my right leg up and down nervously. While they were reading it, some chuckled and some smiled or laughed which made me think it was funny and bad. After which felt like hours they were done reading and I looked hopefully at them. “Well?”

“It’s brilliant Kiki!” Ashley said hugging me then slapped my arm. “How come you never showed me?” I shrugged not answering her fully.

“Yeah, I love it! It’s very detailed, honest, objective in other words great piece of work.” Zacky said grinning at me. “Great job, Miss Shadows. I’m impressed.” He gave me a side hug and the others did the same saying they liked it. I was now more confident and sure to work as a journalist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked it!
The next chapter will be the interview on the radio.
Comment & Subscribe! <3