Dreaming Up A Secret

Cue Dramatic Mood Change Music

~ Ronan’s Point Of View ~
I woke up slowly, you know the kind of wake up where you’re kind of awake, but it takes you awhile to actually wake up enough to be conscious of much, wondering when I could leave. Not that I didn’t love long ass hospital stays, but to be honest, I was ready to be home…plus Syringe Nurse kept passing by, creeping me out with her stares.
Aiden was chewing on his lip very gently, like he did when he was deep in thought, so I didn’t want to bother him. He tugged on one small strand of his hair that was sticking out from the rest, which he did when he was really deep in thought. I looked at the expression on his face, hoping it would help me read him…not so much. He looked…blank. His eyes were pulling themselves back and forth on the ceiling, starring, barely blinking. I could hear him muttering things to himself.
I rolled over as best I could without pulling all the wires and let my stomach touch the bed. I couldn’t wait to be out of here, or simply to get the wires out of me, so I could, well, move again. I couldn’t wait to have my arms free to hug Aiden. I thought about going out with Aiden, Alice, and Tom again, though, probably not to anywhere they were serving alcohol for awhile…
I couldn’t help letting a bit of bitterness leak into my head, but I quickly forced it back, I had forgiven him for that a long time ago, it was time to forget. I stretched myself out as best I could without messing anything up. Aiden was pulling on his hair like there was a bug in it, which is really hard, which made me worry. He didn’t usually think this much…not that he was stupid or anything, cuz he wasn’t. I kinda wished I could go back to sleep, just not worry, just stop. But if wishes were raindrops then there would always be morning dew. But they weren’t and I’m not, so, ya, fuck.
I pulled the small cell phone off the little table next to the bed and started typing a text message to Alice.
Waz uhp?
Oh! Hey, not much, just in the lobby. Should we come in?
Oh, its whatever, I’m fine here if you guys wanna head home, you’ve been here for a while.
-Sigh-
What?
YOU’VE been here for a while too.
No, well, yes, but it doesn’t bother me.
Emhm, of course not.
Alice, really, Tom and you can head home, I don’t mind.
What about you?
I’m used to being alone, besides Aiden might hang here for a while.
-Bites lip- I think we’ll stay.

I knew exactly what was going through Alice’s head, which really bothered me; I knew Aiden had never meant to hurt me and he never would again. I wanted to change her mind, I wanted to prove them all wrong, I wanted us all to be like we were before. Aiden had lost there trust.
I texted her back. -Shakes head slowly- He…won’t.
You-we don’t know that.
JUST TRUST HIM!
Ronan, I can’t, not after all this, to many times, way to many times.
HE DIDN’T MEAN IT! HE WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!
Ya, and he did a great fuckin job of that.

Fuming, deleting the text messages, just in case Aiden was on my phone sometime, and thought it over. I couldn’t put any justification in being mad at Aiden, its not like it would make anything better. Actually, it would only make things worse. Alice was just pissed.
Still, it was always hard to convince myself Alice, of all people, was wrong, simply because she almost never was. But on the other hand, it was incredibly, impossibly difficult for me to convince myself Aiden wanted to hurt me.
That was just stupid, I was just being stupid. Here I was, over thinking everything again, which was something I tended to do when I ended up with to much time on my hands. I thought and thought and thought, which was why being here in the hospital was mostly bad for me. Though, I was pretty tired from everything going on, not to mention that I kept getting these shots *cough cough*, so I spent a lot of time sleeping, the time I wasn’t sleeping, excluding times when Aiden, Alice, and Tom were talking to me, I had a lot to think about. Again, bad.
Aiden rolled himself out of bed, letting out a small yelp of pain as he bumped his broken arm on the side of the bed. That made me realize how long it had been since I had thought about his arm, not that I wasn’t concerned, cuz I was. The thing is, Aiden hated being constantly wined over when something wasn’t bothering him. He hated making mountains out of mole hills, so he tended to try and make these types of things blend in with everything else, like it was normal. Even if he was making a molehill out of a mountain. He was just one of those people.
He walked out of the room quickly, not saying a word to me, which, of course, I started to think about! What had I done wrong? Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. One thing I never mentioned to, well, anyone, was the fact that I sometimes tended to talk in my sleep, and considering I couldn’t remember my dream, he had just been awake while I was asleep, and he seemed mad, I jumped to the conclusion that I had said something bad. Something really bad. Something really, really, really bad.
Aiden walked back into the room, smiling happily. Cue the dramatic mood change music.
“I’m taking you home!” He announced.
“Uh, how…?”
“Fine! Tom’s taking you home! But still!”
I laughed quietly as a nurse walked into the room and handed me the clothes I had come in, cleaned, before pulling the IV out of my arm. I waited for her to leave before closing the door and pulling on my pants.
Aiden frowned. “I gotta say, I think I like them better off.”
I rolled my eyes at him, pulling my shirt on, but blushing as well. Aiden walked over and wrapped his arm around my neck, forcing me closer to him, not that I minded, as Tom walked into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got a nice comment from someone! I was happy! I haven't been able to use my computer much, so sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.
Maybe if more -hinthint- of you comment, I'll be better at this!
:)