Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 18

Back in my room I collapsed on the bed. I had one hell of a buzz and I just wanted to lay and stare off into space. We just got back from Clover's house, and man did she fuck her sister up. I would love to be in Max's room when she woke up without eyebrows, not that it would bother her. Rider was gorgeous and she knew it, I seriously doubted she would look ugly without them. Not that I could say that to Clover. She would take it all out of proportion like most girls do. I mean I didn't like Rider, I just knew she was pretty.

Clover was looking out my window, looking troubled. She looked sad, and I wanted to help her. Only thing was I didn't know how. I got up from the bed and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulders. I wanted her to talk to me about her problems, but I didn't know how to ask. I could sense it was about her family. Nobody gets kicked out of their house and feel okay about it. Even I would be a little hurt.

"What's wrong?" I asked kissing her cheek. She shook her head and continued to gaze out the window. I let out a sigh. I needed a different way to approach this. I wanted Clover to be happy, that was it. If she needed to go back home, I would understand. "Clover I know you miss your family, and you should tell me about it."

"I don't miss them." She faced me and I could tell she was lying. "Fine. I do, but I don't want to go home. I just wish I could have a loving mother, and a caring sister. Yet my life seems to get fucked up more everyday. I think you're becoming the only good thing."

I tried to talk to her, but I didn't know what to say. I want to tell her she was utterly stupid. I was the worst thing in her life. The thing that was ruining her life with drugs and worse being with me. I couldn't say that to her though. I was being selfish. I wanted her no matter what she got into. We were perfect for each other and sacrifices had to be made.

"I'm sorry." I finally said. "I wish I could help you, but I can't."

"Actually you can." She smiled. "Are we official? I was wondering, I mean I'm staying with you and were like dating."

"I want it to be what ever you want it to be." I smiled.

"Then I have an idea." A half-smiled and winked at me.

And to the girl that filled my dark.

I couldn't believe it. Clover and I had just had sex. She denied me earlier and then threw herself at me. I think I should have stopped her though. She was high and wasn't thinking. I didn't know how she was going to react when she woke up. Would she be angry at me? I sat up and gathered my clothes. I needed to get out of here and do something. I couldn't be here when she woke up and realized what happened. I couldn't even stand the thought of her being mad at me. I knew she would be, even if she didn't show it, she would be disappointed in both of us.

I walked quickly to Max's house. I hadn't realized I was going to his house until I stood at his door and rung the doorbell. It was just an automatic thing for me. When I needed to get out of the house, I came here. I wondered if Clover would be mad about this to? I knew how much Max had hurt her by screwing Rider, and I didn't know if I was supposed to stay away from him to. Too late.

"Hey man." Max opened the door and I entered. "What are you doing here without Clover?"

"Uh, we just, well you know." I ran my fingers through my tangled hair. "I needed to be somewhere else when she woke up. Just in case she was mad."

"Did you force her?" His eyes were huge and he stared at me like I was a monster. I had done nothing wrong. Why was my so called best friend accusing me like this. Then it hit me. Max still had feelings for Clover. Apparently their little fuck date was more then he let on. I gritted my teeth to keep cool.

"No dumb ass. She was high, I was high, It just happened. Besides she threw herself at me."

"She wouldn't ever do that." Max tone was very defending and I couldn't stay here. I couldn't listen to him be jealous over my girlfriend. I had every right to sleep with her.

"You're unbelievable." I shook my head. "She's mine. Make sure you realize that, okay. Don't go pushing yourself on her because what little friendship you two had, is over. No matter if you ignore Rider."

What was I doing? I thought as I hurried out of Max's house. That was three possible things Clover could be pissed at me about. I didn't know why I was being so defensive. I was ready to face whatever she had to say. So I hurried to my room to see Clover awake on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Thanks subscribers, readers, and our awesome commenters.
XD

-Suicide Season.