Sequel: The Webs We Weave

Snapshots of Reality

Chapter 38.

I unwillingly separated with Clover and headed onto the bus. Looked like I was in for another uneventful afternoon. I couldn't believe I had actually asked Clover to marry me after all this was said and done. It was what I wanted, actually I wanted it more than anything. I loved Clover with everything, but could we make it work. After we left the alley she seemed distant like she was in a whole different world. I didn't like it either. Last time she acted like this, she left me. I couldn't bare to go through that again. Hell it would probably have to leave the band. I just wouldn't be able to take it.

"Can I come in?" Shauna said barely poking her head in the door.

"Sure." I nodded and scooted over on the couch. "What can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if you've talked to Curtis today. I know you two are always texting and I haven't seen him all day." She sighed. "I guess I'm just worried. I love him like you love Clover."

"Sorry." I smiled trying to make her feel better. "I haven't, but since you just explained how much love you had for him. I will text and find out where he is as soon as possible."

"Thanks. Well Jen and I are about to go out and party." She let out a laugh. "Well if you or any of the other girls want to join us, come right on."

She left the bus and I was alone, again. I couldn't believe how many friends I was making on this tour. It had barely begun and things were finally going right. I may have Clover soon and I will walk away from all this if I needed to. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and decided to try and get a hold of Curtis. I sent a quick text asking him where he was and waited. I hated that Clover left me to be with friends, but I knew that she needed to. I didn't want to seem controlling. The phone started vibrating and it was a text from Curtis asking me to meet him in town right now. I left the empty bus and went out onto the busy streets. I couldn't wait until we went to the next venue because it was cold as hell here. I met Curtis in front of the coffee shop.

"Hey." I walked up to him and stuffed my hands into my jacket.

"Can you help me?"

"Why not." I shrugged.

He led me down the street and stopped in front out the jewelry store. It was a old building, but it was still pretty. I sighed not sure what I had gotten myself into. I wasn't exactly the first person you would come to when you needed help with jewelry. It just wasn't my thing. Curtis pushed the glass door open and warm air collided with cold air in front of me. I gladly followed him inside the warm building and he looked around a bit before telling me why we were here.

"I'm looking for a ring." He smiled. "You see Shauna's birthday is coming up and I'm thinking I'll ask the question. Seeing all this drama and shit go on between you guys made me appreciate what I have. So you know if I change my mind I'll still have a present for her."

"And you text me?" I laughed. "Man, I mean I don't know the difference."

"Just pretend you were getting one for Clover."

I stopped and looked inside the cases. Marry me Clover. The words I had spoken earlier floated around in my head. It was really what I wanted. I spotted a ring in the top corner and knew that was the one. It wasn't a huge rock that would way you down, but it wasn't exactly small either. I would buy it and save it until the right moment came. A few rings over I saw another one that would be my second choice and pointed it out to Curtis. He nodded while the jeweler took it out for him to look at.

"Excuse me." I called. "I want to look at this ring."

The man pulled it out of the case and handed it to me, and watched me carefully. Like I would take the ring and run. I may have not been the most trust worthy to people I didn't know, but I would never steal this ring. I flipped it over in my hands and the light made the diamond sparkle. I could see the look on Clover's face when I showed it to her. I let out a little chuckle and checked the price. It was 8,500 dollars. It was a lot for me right now, but the tour would help me bring all that back.

"I'll take it." I handed the ring back and the man eyes me some more.

"You did see the price right?" He arched his brow and studied me some more.

"Yeah asshole and I'll be paying in cash. Oh and don't worry it's not counterfeit or stolen. I'm what you could call a big thing in the rock world."

The man blushed as I set the money on the table. I hated how people judged me because I looked different. So what I didn't dress like a prick? I was still capable of making my own money in the right way. As Curtis and I walked out of the jewelry store I couldn't help but feel more confident. I would give this ring to Clover soon enough. Maybe I should ask Jennifer or Shauna if they liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So someone couldn't figure out who wrote which chapter.
I will start putting my name at the end to make it easier.
thanks for reading.
=]

-suicide season.