The Other Baker Boy

A Shadow With A Temper

I was hanging around the kitchen of the studio when Matt walked past me followed by Brian and Jimmy running after him. He obviously must have lost his temper. I decided I'd let him cool off and then talk to him later. About 10 minutes after they all walked past me, Zacky walked up and concealed me into a hug.

"Hey Gorgeous!" He said as he leaned in to kiss my temple causing me to non-stop smile.

"If you're looking for you brother, he just stormed outside."

"Well I'm not going to bother with him. Why don't you give me a kiss and then we can go get some lunch or something with everyone."

I shook my head 'no' and gave him a serious look.

"Zacky! Babe, you should have defended him. He's your little brother."

"Well I'll try harder next time. He just needs to work on his attitude and talking to much shit! I mean, babe, you know how he gets." Zack exclaimed as he looked into my dark brown eyes.

"Zack, he only gets that way because people fuck with him constantly!"

"Okay, I'll talk to him and then we'll get everyone for lunch?" He smiled.

"Great idea.." I said as I gave his lips a small kiss.

***Matt's P.O.V.***
"Dude, chill out! He was just an ignorant interviewer, okay man?" Brian tried to reason with me. A matter of fact, him and Lacy were my voice of reason. Brian was like another, BETTER, older brother to me. One that actually cared about me......Even though he picked on me.

"Yeah, don't let them get to you like that, Matt, it's not worth it at all!" Jimmy added in.

"Just leave me alone guys..." I huffed out.

"That fucking tool made me look like a fucking nobody" I mumbled under my breath as they both walked back into the blue building that was their studio.

"Well hate to break it to you kid, but you are a nobody." My brother said, stepping outside with a cigarette hanging out from between his lips.

He stood beside me and leaned on the wall. The smoke hovered around his pale face that slightly resembled mine.

"Can you go leave me the hell alone?" I half shouted.

"I fucking brought you here, you should be fucking thanking me for even lending you a little bit of my spotlight!"

"Spotlight? Fucking spotlight, dude? You know you've fucking changed, Zack!"

"Yeah, you're right I have." He sounded so sincere. "I've become more famous, better looking, wanted, and way more wealthier then you will ever be, little brother!"

"Whatever! You use to be just like me! Nobody fucking new your name or gave a damn about you but the minute someone put you on a fucking stage, you became this selfrightous, pompous, ass that I dreadfully have to share a last name with!" I shouted at the side of his face.

"I became Zacky fucking Vengeance! You just can't get over the fact that your older bro. is greater then you'll ever fucking be!" He shouted back in my face.

"Get the fuck out of my damn face, Matthew." He paused angrily between each word.

"What you fucking gonna do, ZACHARY?" I said, stepping in front of him so our foreheads were barely touching.

He knew I had a temper and would be willing to let it overcome me if I was pissed off enough, so he slowly backed off with his palms in the air and a smart ass, taunting face expression.

I pressed my back onto the wall and slowly slid down until I was sitting on the hard ground. I threw my head into my hands and sighed. What the fuck had gotten into my brother? We use to be best friends and we would constantly hang out because ,believe it or not, the 'great' Zacky V had no friends but the four that create Avenged Sevenfold. When Zack was in high school, he was a social outcast. The only recognition he got, was for playing baseball.

I repeatedly pounded my head on the wall hoping that I would wake me up from this world where I'm always second best. Hell, I'm not even second best! My older sister, Zina, has that role fulfilled. I'm just known as that other Baker kid, that guy who has a famous brother, or how about my all time favorite "Zacky's Shadow." I need to talk to Lacy! She's the only one who really understands why I act the way I do. She always has my back even though she is Zacky's girlfriend.

I walked back into the studio, unnoticed as usual. Lacy was sitting on Zack's lap with a beautiful smile upon her lips. A smile that I wanted to kiss. I walked up to them and ignored that Zacky was there. I let her know, with a tilt of my head towards the door, that I needed to talk to her and ONLY her and then walked back outside.

***Regular (Lacy)***
I noticed that Matt still looked a little shaken up from early so as soon as he walked back in I knew he wanted to talk. We always know when one of us needs to talk. I told Zack that I would be right back and he nodded with a frown.

When I got outside, Matt was sitting against the wall smoking. He never smokes unless he's really bugging out.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're reading this then please COMMENT.