The Other Baker Boy

Inarticulate VS. Malicious

I walked back into the studio and saw that no one was there except for Brian, who was fixing some strings that had popped off of his guitar. I was always thankful that Brian held me with respect and didn't single me out because I was related to him or because I was dating his best friend. Brian never allowed anyone to treat me like Matt was treated. But I guess it was how us Haner's are raised, always have each others backs.

"Hey Lace, What are you doing back here?" He asked me.

"I juts took a completely emotioned train wreck home."

"Man, this whole problem with Zack is really starting to get to him, isn't it? But he'll get over it." Brian said with a lifted eyebrow as he watched another strings break.

"No, he won't because it seems to bother him more and more. He can't even bare it when I talk about Zack or say his name." I said gloomy as I leaned against the control panel.

"Well, let's check back into the great world of reality! Matt is jealous. And I love the little dude but when your brother is Zack, there's a lot to envy." Brian said as he fiddled with his nose ring.

"I don't think that's it! I mean you're my cousin and I'm not jealous of you at all."

"DUH! That's because you just signed a modeling contract, smart one!" He said in a dumb tone as he pushed my head back with three of his fingers. "You're going to be famous just like the rest of us are!"

"Brian, it's not about that! People always pick on him! It's not jealousy, it's torment!" I replied softly as the other guys were walking in the room chatting.

"We'll finish this later." Brian said swiftly.

Zacky walked over to me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. His green eyes always had a sweet innocence with a side of sinister, that controlled them. When he looked at me, I knew he loved me.

"Hey baby, my mom wants us over for dinner. She says that she needs to finally meet you." He smiled. I made a nervous face and bit my lip because the only family members of Zack's that I have met, was Matt and their older sister.

"Now, I'm warning you now. My parents are very traditional Italian/German people and they are very judgmental. So they might be really harsh on you, especially my mom. Are you ready for that?" He asked as his hands moved from around my waist and held my hands.

"What if they don't like me?"

"What's not to like about you?" He said, giving me a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Oh and Matt and my sister will be there to."

"Zina? Oh great!" I said sarcastically.

Let's just say that Zina doesn't like me very much. For what reason, I have no clue.

"Wait, how is Matt getting there? Isn't his car still in the shop?"

"Don't worry about him. I told Zina to go pick him up." He said as he tossed his keys in the air.

We said bye to everyone and went home. I was so nervous. I know his mom doesn't like that fact that I'm younger then Zacky because I graduated in Matt's class. If Mrs. Baker is anything like Zina, then I'm royally fucked. At least Matt likes me but he's juts been pushing me off lately.

Several hours later, I found myself knocking on the front door of the Bakers, with Zack. I heard the voice of a male yell, "I'll get it, Mom!" Matt peeked through the peep hole on the door and opened it slowly.

"Mom...Dad, Lacey and Zachary are here!" Matt shouted , while he turned around and walked off somewhere in the house. A short, Italian looking woman came running to the door, shoving Matt to the side in the process.

"My boy! My boy!" She yelled as she smothered Zacky's cheeks and forehead with kisses.

"Hi mom." He said sheepishly and looking embarrassed. "Mom, this is Lacey."

She looked me up and down with a disgusted expression upon her face and continued to focus on Zack.

"Oh Zachary, we've missed you so much! You know, your little brother was playing guitar the other day when he came to visit and he didn't sound nearly as good as you." She said, lowering her voice and nodded her head in Matt's direction. Zacky nodded his head and grinned.

"Matt's great at the guitar..." I said in Matt's defense.

"And what are you?" She said rudely.

"She's my girlfriend. Lacey! remember mom?" Zacky asked.

"That's what you call a girlfriend? You were better off dating that Holly girl, whatever happened to her, dear?" She said, motioning for us to come in.

"Mom! You know we broke up like two years ago.... She doesn't matter anymore, Lacey matters now! And where's dad?"

"He's in the kitchen talking to your sister." She replied back to him. Zack kissed my cheek and walked into the kitchen, leaving me alone with Mrs. Baker.

"Come sit with me, darling." She said smoothly with a hint of an Italian accent.

"Hmm you're a pretty one, aren't you? But you won't last long." She pushed my bangs out of my face.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I pushed my bangs back across my eyes.

"What I mean is that my boy Zack is to good for some slutty 21 year old!"

"I am no slut!" I said standing up.

At that moment, Zack walked in with his father and sister.

"Zina, you already know Lacey." Zack said with a wink.

"Dreadfully, yes." Zina said. I saw Zacky, slap her on the back and mouth 'Be nice!'

"Pops, this is my lovely girlfriend, Lacey."

"Why nice to meet you, gorgeous." Mr. Baker said as he hugged me. "Welcome to the Baker family."

Matt walked out with his hands in his pockets and gave me a look and sat beside his mom on the couch. He was being very inarticulate, like he had never met me. This ought to be a well rounded dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT PLEASE
_Thank you