‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 5

I walked into work the next morning slightly agitated. I had gotten over most of it. I think I was only sad I wouldn't be able to see Max. I sat down in my desk and turned my computer on. I opened an internet browser and checked my email. Then I thought of what Ronnie had said yesterday. They were filming something for a website. I sat back in my seat and thought of the site name. Then the site came to me. I typed in buzznet.com and clicked enter.

On the front page was a large picture of Ronnie, Max, Bryan, and Robert. I clicked on the picture and it brought me to an article. It was about yesterday, and it told the readers about the videos that would be posted within the week. I sighed and stared off.

After about ten minutes of doing nothing I had decided to do what I should be doing; my work. I opened up some of the I Am Ghost photos from the shoot. I touched my favorites up, and sent them to Ellen through email. There was a knock on my door, and I looked up waiting for the person to come in. It slowly opened and Max appeared there with a box in his hands.

"I'm so sorry Madz." He said instantly before anything could come through my mouth.
"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but how did you know?"

"Ronnie told me." I furrowed my eyebrows at Max.

"How does he know?"

"Well, he was looking for you, and he saw you and the security guy. He saw the guy throw you down or something and it really pissed him off."

"Ronnie came looking for me?"

'Y-yeah."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"On the bus, he's still sleeping." I saw Bryan and Robert appear behind Max.

"Hey guys," I waved to them. They both smiled and waved back. They walked in and Max sat in an empty chair that was for no reason in my office in the first place.

"How have you really been?" He asked me.

"I have really been fine. I've settled in here, and that's about it."

"Sorry we never really came down to see you."

"It's fine. It's obvious you were busy doing stuff." I said honestly. He gave me a warm smile, but it was a smile I had never seen on his face before.

"I still can’t believe you still talk to me." Bryan and Robert gave Max a confused look.
"Do you still have the rings?"

"I couldn't find it in me to get rid of them." We stared into each other's eyes. I didn't know how long, but it felt like only seconds.

"You're amazing Maddie."

"In more ways than you know." I heard from the doorway. My head shot in his direction. A wider smile broke out on my face, and tears threatened to flood from my eyes. I stood up, and walked to Ronnie in the doorway faster than anyone could have expected.

"Oh Ronnie," I whispered wrapping my arms around him.