‹ Prequel: You Love To Hate Me
Sequel: Far From Home

Always Hurts Looking Back

Chapter 6

"How are you?" He asked in my ear while hugging me. I let him go, and looked at his features.

"I'm great. How are you?"

"Better now," He said simply. He hugged me again, and kissed the top of my head. He backed up, and looked at me. Max cleared his throat and I turned back to him. It was then when I remembered he had a small box in his hands.

"What's in the box Max?" He looked down at it, and then back up at me with a cheesy grin on his face. He walked towards me with his arms stretched out. I cautiously took the box from his hands. Ronnie squeezed my shoulder as I opened the box. Inside laid a single airplane ticket. I read it, and once I found out it was taking me to Vegas I looked at Max. He smiled.

"We all thought you needed a vacation, and it's time you returned home for a few days."

"Oh my god! Thank you everyone!" Without thinking I hugged Max, Ronnie, Bryan, and Robert. I looked at the last two boys, Robert had a smile on his face, and Bryan's cheeks were red.
"Sorry, but that really just made my year."

"I'm glad." Ronnie said with his chin on the top of my head. I looked back down at the ticket.

"We're leaving tonight?" I asked bewildered.

"Yessir," Max said grinning wider.

"So that means you're going home." Josh said singing into my office.

"Josh! How long have you been listening?" I asked him.

"The entire time," He said pulling me out of the office.
"She'll be right back dudes." He shut my office door. He brought me near the elevator, and grinned at me.

"What's up Josh?"

"You and that Ronnie guy?" He questioned.

"What about us?"

"There's something there. Is he the guy you were dep-"

"Shh Josh, and yes." I looked at him.
"What do you mean there is something there?"

He just winked at me, and walked away. I stood there confused, and wondering what in the hell was Josh getting at.