‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 19-Barbod

“What class do you have next, Barbod?” Nick asked and I looked at him and thought about it,

“Um… I don’t think anything. I do have to sign up for the tournament though.”

“You’re doing that?” Tina laughed and I grinned at her.

“Yeah,” I responded, nearly walking into someone.

“Why don’t you fight me later then, Barb? I’m judging the contestants and shit.”

“Ha, maybe, Nick,” I laughed and sighed. I hugged Tina goodbye, she headed towards the office to go home with Connor. Nick walked with me down the hallway, “Hey, um, Nick?”

“Yeah, Barb?”

“How do you know if you’re in love with someone?” he looked at me and smiled.

“Everyone is different, Barb,” he said, still smiling, “who do you like?”

“The blond in the back of your class,” I felt my face get hotter. He looked at me and laughed.

“The one that’s the most popular kid in school?” he asked, still laughing.

“Yeah, her,” I said, actually whispering. He chuckled a little and winked at me as we passed the arena. Nick pushed the contest’s door open and pushed me through. I blinked.

“Are you here for the contest?” a girl asked. She looked like Nick but had darker skin.

“Yeah, Rach, I am,” I answered.

“Then fill these out, Barb,” she laughed and handed me some papers. I took them, scribbled the answers, handed them back to Rachel and left to find Nick.