‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 22-Melissa

So that’s what his eyes really look like? Red-orange and black? I asked myself, half confused, half urging for more answers.

See, Melissa, I blinked, why do you think he ran?

“Ugh!” I whispered and then dashed out after him, “Sorry! I need to use the bathroom!”

“Barbod?” I asked as he sat on the ground, near the classroom door, “Are you okay?”

“Go away, Melissa,” he said. It sounded like he was crying, “You don’t want to talk to a stupid freak like me.”

“No, I do, Barbod, really, I do,” I knelt down besides him and he clenched his fingers even tighter around the sunglasses.

“No you don’t,” he cried, still not looking at me. I lifted his head up and looked at him.

“Who do you love, Barbod? Do you love me?” I asked, he didn’t answer, “I have a confession, Barbod. I love you. I’ve loved you since I first saw you. Even if your eyes are strange, I’ll still love you.”

He slowly put his head on me, “I’ve had a crush on you since I saw you,” he slowly answered, “and I want you to be mine.” I lifted his head and he opened his eyes to look at me, “I’m horrible. What child would start their mother on fire?”

“You would,” I looked at him, “but that’s okay. I accidentally lit the house on fire.”

He placed his hands on my face and looked at me, “Will you come to Connor’s house with me tonight?”

Say yes, Mel, I blinked.

Get out of my head, Connor, I shot back, “Sure, Barbod. Right now I have to go.”

“Okay…” I got up and ran, smiling greatly at myself.