‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 23-Barbod

I couldn’t believe it. She TALKED to me and she loves me-best part is, though; she’s going to come with me TO Connor’s. My heart was racing.

And then, the wall morphed, slightly, and Connor, Nick and Tina wandered out towards me, “Come on, Barby,” Connor laughed and headed off with Tina, asleep, in his arms. Nick looked at me.

“You coming?” he asked as the gap between us and Connor grew.

“No,” I answered, distantly, “I’ll be by later, though.”

“Okay, just remember to tell Andy or Eddy before leaving,” he said and headed off after Connor.

“Sure,” I answered, got up and headed down the hallway, slowly.

I sat in the hallway, lighter in my hand and a piece of paper in the other. I sat about four to five feet from Melissa’s door. Her door opened and a black haired girl slipped out, I can’t get into trouble-this is MY room. I went back to starting my lighter randomly.

Kayla looked evilly at me, and then disappeared behind the corner. I waited a few minutes before knocking on Melissa’s door, “What?” she asked and I sighed as I leaned on her doorframe.

“What? Let me in,” I said and I heard her giggle.

“Sure,” she answered and continued, “but we can’t let anyone see us together.”

“Not planning on it,” I smiled and she slipped out. “Ready? We have two minutes to run and to get out through the front doors.”

“Um, yeah,” I linked my fingers with hers,”what are you doing, Barbod?” I shut my eyes, tightly and felt the world stop. She looked at me and I headed off, pulling her with me.

“Come on! Two minutes go by pretty fast for a fifty-five hundred feet dash!” I pulled her along, slightly faster.