‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 25-Barbod

Connor tiredly opened his house’s door. I think he was the only one home. “Hey, Barby, who’s the girl?” he asked as I put my sunglasses back on. He looked at me, dazed, and then pushed himself back towards the living room. I pulled Melissa and myself into the house, and of course, Hex’s Second older brother, Hay, dropped won from the semi-metal staircase.

“Hey, Hay,” I said, “seen Nick around?”

“He never came back,” Hay answered, “you should check the bookstore and his room, though.”

“Nah, it is fine. Hay, this is Melissa. Mel, this is Hex’s older, or second older, brother, Hay.”

“Nice to meet you,” Mel answered, her voice was, and forever will be, beautiful. Hay smiled at her and looked at me.

“Go get changed and warm up, Barbod,” he laughed, “David, Jimmy and Charlie are downstairs. I’ll go find Nicholas for you.”

“If I must,” I laughed and ran up the stairs, Melissa following me. I pulled heir into the den and smiled at her, “Enjoying your visit to Connor’s house?”

“Who else is here?” she asked and I took my pullover off and threw it so it was askew against the floor. She looked at it then back at me.

“Um,” I pondered for a moment, “there’s Connor, David, Jimmy, Nick, Tina. Along with Charlie, Hex, Rachel, and Hay, and Sarah, sometimes Eddy and Andy and… sometimes me,” I answered and I knew she knew I wasn’t completely sure.

“Oh,” she smiled and picked up my tank top that was as bright as my eyes.

“Ya know,” I said, grinning, “Connor got his hair the same way I got my eyes,” I pulled my hair out from under my sunglasses, “except he says his way was much better, though.”

“Really?” Mel asked, looking at me. I looked blankly at her and shook my head.

“Yes,” I smiled and folded my arms behind my back to stretch. She laughed out of boredom and I grinned bigger, “See, he was pissed at Jimmy and all that shit,” I stopped as the door opened, “hey, Nick!”

“Hey, Barb,” Nick said as he quietly slipped into the library of books and turned the light on slightly more than dim. He pushed a few books into the shelves and walked back out. Sounds of laugher and someone snoring came from downstairs; I pulled Mel out with me. She looked fanaticized by the large house, the family living in it and, possibly, me. Hex looked up from the doors, the large metal door that I’ve been into, or through, five times since the friendship of Nick and I, and Melissa followed Nick and Hex and I followed, shut the door tightly and locked it.