‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 27-Barbod

Mel sat on the stairs with Nick and Hex went against me, “Come on, Hex, let’s go all out!”
“Fine with me,” Hex answered, and he smiled, “which power are you going to choose?”

“I’m going to use both, Hex,” I laughed, “If that’s alright.”

“Double the pressure? Fine with me,” Hex laughed. Nick stood up and boredly looked at us.

“How many downs? One?” Nick asked and Hex shook his head yes, “Okay then…go!”

Hex stood there and laughed, “Go first, Barbod.”

“You,” I laughed back. He grinned and shook his head.

“Air tornado!” Hex was launched into the air and I fixed a glance at Melissa. Hex came at me, rapidly, and I laughed.

“Hex, you’re dead!” I yelled, and Melissa still seemed bored. Hex came close, I slightly moved, grabbed his arm and dug my fingernails into his arm. He gasped and looked at me, “Hex, is that all you got?”

“Yeah,” Hex answered sarcastically, “but I do have this!” I dug my fingernails deeper into his arm and he spun in a three hundred degree circle and kicked me in the face. I kept my grip with one hand and grabbed his leg with the other. He took a breath and I laughed.

“Fire heat up!” I felt my body heating up, “Fire burns one who plays with it, Hex!” My fingers around his limbs, still. He coughed and kicked me with his free foot and I released my grip. He dropped to the ground and Nick looked at us.

“Barb wins,” Nick said and I helped Hex up.

“Good try,” I laughed, “you went easy on me.” He winked and followed Nick up the stairs to heal his wounds of burnt skin, and I grabbed Mel, held her in my arms and kissed her neck, “You okay?”

“I’m fine,” she giggled and looked at me. Her eyes were dark and hallow.

“You sure?”

“Yeah,” she said and I pulled her up the stairs, “listen, Barbod,” I looked at her, “I have to go when we get upstairs, okay?”

“Sure, love,” I grinned, kissed her and opened the stair cases door. She smiled and she disappeared.

“Love troubles?” I looked at Sarah, Hex’s wife, and shook my head.

“’Course not.”