‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 36-Melissa

I stopped, looking at the empty hallway that was between me and the doors towards the cliff. My mind was elsewhere and I didn’t care where it was. I took my time, hands still filled with Barbod’s sunglass shards, walking out the doors. I walked out the path towards Riverside Town.

I sat behind the fence near the river, placed the broken sunglasses down on the ground, and looked at the fast-paced river. The town was busy but the river side wasn’t.

Why were they crazy earlier? I asked myself, I mean…

“Hello, Melissa,” I turned around to see Tina, Nick’s baby sister.

“Shouldn’t you be with your brothers?” I asked.

“Connor and Nick disappeared- Hex told me to go get Jimmy and David but they went to see Charlie in the forest- I’d rather not go in there myself,” she smiled, “and you wandered out so I followed you.”

“Oh,” I said as she sad down next to me, “are your brothers always rude?”

“Connor, Jimmy and David are,” she laughed, “Nick’s the soft one, though. He would never yell. That’s because our father disappeared when he was five, leaving us for five years. Our mom taught him better than the first three, who were all closer to our Father than anything,” she sighed, “don’t you wish you could see someone you miss?”

She talks big for an eleven year old, “Yeah, I do sometimes,” I answered her,

“Who?”

“My mother and father.”

“What happened to them?”

“Some guy killed them when I was little. I vowed to kill that person back.”

“Sounds like my brother,” Tina laughed. I grinned.

Melissa, do you mind coming here?

“Anyways, nice talking to you, Tina, but I need to go do some stuff. Bye!” I disappeared and rand out the town; trying to understand what Tina said.