‹ Prequel: Elementalist

The Legendary Elemenatlist; Book Two of the Elementalist Series

Chapter 46-Melissa

My head pounded, along with the rest of my body. I was on something soft, very soft, and I was stiff. Painfully, I sat up and rubbed my forehead and eyes. “Hey, Melissa,” I moved my hand to see Connor’s little sister, Tina.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, sort of confused at where I was. My clothes were all bloody and I had bloody cloth wrapped around my arms and legs.

“I’m here to see my brothers,” Tina answered, sticking her tongue out at me, “Connor’s not allowed to leave the bed and Nick hasn’t left Barbod’s side.”

Barbod. My heart skipped a beat when I heard his name, “Is he okay?”

Tina sighed, “Don’t know. He’s slightly breathing and in critical condition.”

She sighed and my heart stopped this time, “Where are we?”

“The hospital,” she sighed, “but I got to go see my big brothers…”

“Hey, how long have I been here?”

“Three days,” Tina quietly responded.

“Can I come with you?”

She nodded, “Yes.”

Tina led me through the hallway towards a room not far from mine. She giggled as we entered. I saw why.

Connor was strapped to a whitish-red bed and smiled when he saw Tina, “Hey, Tina… oh, hey, Mel.”

I smiled, small like, at him and he tried to get free from the bed. Tina poked him in the side and he bit his lip in pain, “I really hate being tied down. How long am I like this for, again, Tina?”

“Until your ribs heal, Connor,” Tina quietly laughed, “so about another week.”

“Then I can go home?”

Tina nodded. I sighed and Connor looked at me, “If you want Barbod, he’s three rooms down on the left.”

I nodded and went to find Barbod, please let him be alright… please.