Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

“I can’t believe it!”

Jake chuckled as he saw everyone’s faces and ignored Brian’s comment but before he could even talk.

“Mummy!” yelled both Hailie and Damien as they raced each other to me. I pushed myself off the couch and bent down, hugging them close to me, kissing their faces.

“We missed you mummy” said Damien as he wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. “Yeah!” said Hailie, nodding eagerly. I smiled at them and stood up, holding both my children in my arms.

“You gotta be kidding me!” muttered Brian as he managed to get out of Jimmy’s grip. “I thought you were fucking gay man but then you managed to knock her up with twins! Way to go buddy!” he muttered.

I set Hailie and Damien back on the floor and they ran to Ellie and Nate.

“I can’t believe it!” Brian snarled as he got closer to Jake, cracking his knuckles before raising his fist.

I didn’t think, I just reacted.

Instead of colliding with Jake’s face, Brian’s fist collided with mine.

I heard several gasps but ignored them. I brought a hand to my face and looked up at Jake as he held out his hand to help me back on my feet.

“Adeline, I’m…” started Brian, taking a step towards me. I held my hand in front of me,

“Stay away!” I whispered, trying to catch my breath and trying to get over the shock. I breathed in and out several times, trying to calm down.

“Don’t man…” said Jake. I knew he was talking to Brian.

“Adeline! Really I…” he tried again.

“Listen, I swear! If it wasn’t for our kids, you’d be already on the floor calling for your mum…” I said in a cold voice as I glared at him. “You’re just lucky they are here…” I added.

I took Hailie and Damien in my arms before leaving the room, slamming the door behind me.

**

Ellie’s POV

I gasped as Brian’s fist collided with Adeline’s face. I held Damien and Hailie back as they wanted to run to their mother. It would only complicated things.

“Adeline! Really I…”

“Listen, I swear! If it wasn’t for our kids, you’d be already on the floor calling for your mum… You’re just lucky they are here…”

She took Hailie and Damien and left the room. As the door slammed shut, Brian fell down on his knees, holding his head in his hands.

“Did I hear right? Did she actually say: our kids?” asked Brian, his voice muffled.

I rubbed my neck and bit my lip.
“Hum well… Yeah?”

Oh way to go Ellie!

I stepped away from Nate’s grip and knelled down next to my best friend.
“Let’s go for a walk…” I whispered as I got back on my feet and held my hand out to help Brian up.

We left the room in dead silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for not updating earlier! ><"
but here it is ^^" hope you like it.

A <3