Status: Hiatus.

Fighting Ourselves.

“Maybe we should start acting like grown-ups"

“Alright! I have filled all the papers! Let’s post this shit and wait for the divorce, alright?” said Brian as he entered the room and sat on the couch, putting the papers on the coffee table. I gathered the papers I had been filling and put them on a net pile next to Brian’s. Zacky, who was sitting on an armchair was looking at the papers in his hands.

“What if I don’t want to?” he asked, not lifting his gaze.

Brian’s head shot up, “What do you mean? Of course you do!”

Zacky shook his head, “There’s no way I will fill those papers! Maybe Adeline is happy being married to me?”

“I don’t think so Zacky…” I said. He looked at me and then followed my gaze to Brian.

“I finally got what I want, there’s no way in hell I’m going to give this up!” he muttered darkly, glaring at Brian.

I shook my head, sighing. Oh how wish Matt was here… They’ve been gone for almost 5 days and I was worried sick. Matt and my sister could be anywhere…

“She doesn’t love you!” shouted Brian, pushing himself off the couch.

“Oh yeah? I doubt she loves you now that you are married to her sister!” Zacky answered back, standing up. Both men were standing in front of each others, ready to fight.

“You’re just stupid! How old are you? Five?! You should be trying to find your front man and my sister, because God knows where they are and when they will be coming back!” I shouted, finally letting out the frustration I’ve been keeping inside for the past five days. “So Zacky, please filled those fucking papers…”

They both looked at me weirdly, I never was the one to shout… Adeline was.

**

Adeline’s POV

“I know we’ve never been the bestest friends…” said Matt as he was sitting in front of the fire, a beer in hand. “And I wanna apologize for throwing an apple in your head when we were younger… It was stupid. And I know you still hate me for that…”

I stop watching the flames and focussed my attention on Matt.
“You’re right… I still hate you for that, and it’s stupid…” I whispered. “I always saw you as an arrogant asshole who was taking my sister away from me…”

“And I always saw you as a stuck-up bitch…” he admitted truthfully.

“Maybe we should start acting like grown-ups, don’t you think?” he asked, after a few minutes of silence. We were somewhere in Nevada, sleeping in sleeping bags.

“Does that imply going back there?” I asked, gazing at the fire once again. My eyes filled with tears as I remembered Brian, with the golden ring on his left hand, and Ellie with the same ring, with a single diamond on it. I heard movements and then felt something warm draped over my shoulder. Matt had moved to sit next to me and I rested my head against his chest as he hugged me closer to his body. Trying to keep us warm and comforting me at the same time.

“I know how you feel…” he whispered.

“I can’t believe it… My sister and Brian…” I sobbed. “And Zacky… I am married to Zacky! What am I going to tell to Hailie and Damien? I’m married to Zacky, and your father is married to my sister… No, I can’t do that…” I mumbled, burying my face in his T-shirt, soaking it with my tears.

“Adeline… You were drunk…You can always get a divorce, or cancel the wedding…” said Matt.
I lifted my head.

“That’s right… And I’m sure Brian and Ellie will do the same… They probably filled the papers already.” I whispered, looking at my hands. “It is not like they got married on purpose to hurt our feelings…”
I looked up to Matt and saw that he was deep in thoughts. Finally, he looked down at me.
“Maybe running away wasn’t the best idea… and maybe we should start acting like adults…" he whispered, "Maybe we should go back…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot to: Heartbreakhisforever, Damsel Of Darkness, CharmedAngel88, Edward_sexy_love_gee...