It All Started With a Boy

No, He's Not Elvis

“So your brother said he would be here in a few minutes,” Lizzy stated as she watched Frankie sip his hot chocolate.

“Yep, he was just at the hotel so he should be here soon,” a now smiling Frankie stated.

Lizzy looked down at the curly headed little boy in confusion, “So how exactly did you two get separated again?”

“Oh well, you see we were trying to sneak out the back of the hotel but then this group of girls spotted us from the stair well and so we started to run and I tripped and then the next thing I knew Kevin was gone,” Frankie stated nonchalantly.

Okay there it was again; what was this Kevin person scared of girls or something? Why in the world would her run, is he shy or severely disfigured? Maybe it was a bad case of acne. It just didn’t make sense to Lizzy, and then there was what Kevin himself had said about her knowing who he was. Lizzy only knew one Kevin and that was her uncle so she was pretty sure that she had never met him before.

Not one bit of this situation made any sense to Lizzy, then again she was having an extremely bad day and you know what they say; when it rains it pours. It would be her luck that this Kevin person was some psycho killer who used his innocent little brother to lure his victims in; or is could possibly be that Lizzy had an over active imagination and was over thinking the situation entirely.

Lizzy sighed as she unzipped her coat and leaned back in her chair.

When Frankie caught sight of her Macy’s credential his eyes bugged a little, “You’re in the parade too?” He asked excitedly.

Lizzy grabbed her credential and looked at it, “No…well yeah in a way I guess; well my girls are, see,” Lizzy said as she showed Frankie the cardboard credential.

“Wilkinson County Christian Academy, that’s the school I work at, and the lady Rams cheer squad; that’s my girls. I’m their coach.” She stated as she put the thing back around her neck.

“Are you a teacher?” Frankie asked.

“I sure am.” Lizzy answered.

Frankie smiled, “Really? You know my mommy is a teacher; so what do you teach?”

“I teach history and English,” Lizzy stated with a smile.

Frankie made a face, “I hate history, but my brother loves it.”

“Oh so Kevin likes history?” She asked.

“No my other brother.”

Lizzy sipped her coffee, “So you have more than one brother?”

Frankie nodded, “I have three, Kevin, Joe and Nick. Kevin is the oldest, then there’s Joe, then Nick, then me.”

“Oh okay.”

“So how old are you?” Frankie asked.

Lizzy was taken aback by the question, “I’m twenty one why?”

Frankie blushed, “Oh no reason, Kevin’s twenty one, you know.”

Lizzy didn’t know quiet how to respond to that, “Oh, well that’s nice.”

Lizzy was distracted from their conversation by the sound of the door opening. When she noticed who stepped in she had a feeling that her day was about to take a turn for the better.

The guy that stepped in had to be one of the cutest guys she had ever seen. He was dressed in black boots, dark blue skinny jeans, black wool coat, and to finish the outfit out he had a black scarf around his neck along with a pair of aviators covering his eyes. He was completely and utterly gorgeous and had the most yummiest set of curls Lizzy had ever seen.

When the guy spotted Lizzy he smiled and headed towards their table.

“Oh look there’s Kevin now,” Stated Frankie happily.

So this was Kevin. Well he certainly didn’t look shy. He was wrong too because Lizzy sure didn’t have a clue who he was; although she wasn’t afraid to admit that she wouldn’t mind becoming savvy to that information, after all they just didn’t make guys like that back home.

As Kevin stepped up to the table Lizzy smiled and stood up.

“Hey Kevin, this is Lizzy and guess what she’s your age; didn’t I tell you she was pretty.”

“Frankie,” Kevin reprimanded as Lizzie blushed a pale pink.

“What, I’m just telling the truth,” Frankie smirked.

Kevin just rolled his eyes as he turned towards Lizzy and held his hand out, “I can’t thank you enough for helping us out. I really don’t know what I would have done it you hadn’t called; if the press would have gotten a hold of this…well, just thank you.”

As Lizzy shook his hand she looked at him in confusion; press, what in the world is he talking about?

As Lizzy shook his hand Kevin was struck by how beautiful she was. Her eyes were the first thing he noticed when he had walked into the shop; they were the most interesting shade of blue-green he had ever seen and her hair was a soft honey brown that fell in soft waves framing her face; Kevin found himself wondering if it felt as soft as it looked.

Kevin was startled out of his thoughts by Lizzy clearing her throat, “Kevin you can stop shaking my hand now.”

Kevin blushed slightly as he released her hand and rubbed the back of his neck, “Sorry about that.”

Lizzy laughed, “No problem, so what do you mean by press?”

“Well, I mean it comes with the job. Sometimes I wish it didn’t but…”

Kevin trailed off at the blank look on Lizzy’s face. Did she really not know who he was or was she just trying to act like it?

“Do you really not know who I am?”

Lizzy lifted her brow, “Kevin older brother of Frankie, yeah that’s about all I know.”

“Kevin Jonas, that doesn’t ring a bell?” He asked.

Lizzy just shook her head.

Kevin was quite honestly shocked, not that he was so full of himself to think that everyone knew who he was but it was just, usually girls new. So to him it was a pleasant surprise to find that Lizzy didn’t.

“Have you ever heard of the Jonas Brothers?”

Bingo.

A look of comprehension dawned on her face, “Oh so you’re the reason my girls were out until four in the morning,” Lizzy stated as she playfully slapped his shoulders.

Kevin looked at Lizzy in confusion, girls? Did she have kids?

Lizzy must have noticed the look on his face because she began to back peddle, “Oh no, I don’t mean girls as in kids; I mean my team. I’m a cheer coach; my team will be dancing in the parade this week.”

Oh well that makes sense.

A look of comprehension appeared on Lizzy’s face, “Oh so that’s why you were running from girls when you and Frankie got separated. That makes a lot more sense now.”

Kevin laughed, “Yeah, I mean I thought we were good, we had made through the lobby and all the way to the back stairwell without being spotted but then there were these girls on the stairs; there were six of them I think and they started screaming my name, so we made a run for it and the next thing I knew, Frankie was gone.”

As Kevin trailed off he noticed Lizzy’s face drain of color, “Are you okay?” He asked as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

Lizzy looked up into his eyes, “These girls, what did they look like?”

“Well, they were all dressed a like. Maroon track suits, I think.”

Lizzy sat down quickly and buried her face in her hands, “Oh I’m going to kill them. I can’t believe the audacity.”

Lizzy sighed as she looked back up at Kevin, “Kevin, I am so sorry; those were my girls that chased you. I can’t apologize enough.”

Kevin laughed, “Lizzy, it happens all the time. It’s okay, I promise.”

“But they were the reason all of this happened, they are the reason Frankie got lost, in New York no less.”

Kevin grinned; they were also the reason that he had a reason to meet the beautiful woman in front of him.

He would have to remember to thank those girls someday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys sooo much for the comments!!! As always, comments are always appreciated!!!!