It All Started With a Boy

Operation Love Bug

“Well you see... What happened is,” Frankie tried to stay calm as he scrambled for an excuse he began feeling around in his pockets looking for anything that might possibly get him out of this sticky situation, finding nothing in his jeans pockets he moved on to his hoodie and just as he was about to give up and tell the truth his hand enclosed around a tiny object; it was Kevin’s phone. He had taken it out of Kevin’s coat pocket while he was in the shower to text his mom telling her that Kevin would have him for the night; he had forgotten to put it back.

Quickly he pulled out the phone and showed it to Kevin and Lizzy, “Kevin left his phone in the room and I was just going to bring it to him before I headed to mom’s room, you know in case you two decided to go anywhere else.”

Kevin looked at the phone in confusion as he patted his pockets, “I could have sworn, oh well, thanks Frankie but you know better than to go anywhere by yourself,” He added as he took the phone.

Frankie hung his head as Melissa spoke up, “Which is why we are here. We ran into Frankie on the elevator and we were feeling really bad about this morning so when he told us he was bringing Kevin his phone we figured we would escort him here so no one would mess with him and while we were at it we figured it would be a really good time to apologize to Kevin,” She paused and looked up at Kevin with tears in her eyes, “We’re really sorry Kevin, we feel horrible for flying at you like that.”

Frankie and Sarah looked up at Melissa with wide eyes, she was good.

“It’s okay, besides it all worked out in the end, right?” Kevin said with a shrug.

Lizzy glared at the three in front of her, something just didn’t seem to fit, “Okay well that’s all well and good but why were you and Sarah doing on the elevator in the first place? I think I specifically remember telling you not to leave our floor.”

Melissa sighed, “Sorry Coach, that’s my fault; you know how addicted I am to diet coke, well they didn’t have any in the coke machine on our floor so I asked Sarah to come with me to the one we saw on the this floor.”

Lizzy stopped tapping her foot and uncrossed her arms. There was no way she could argue that, she didn’t necessarily believe it but she couldn’t prove they were lying, “Fine, I‘ll let this slide but I suggest you two skedaddle to the coke machine and then high tail it back to your room pronto.”

“Yes mam,” The both replied.

“And on your way back up do you think you could make sure Frankie makes it back to our floor?” Kevin asked as he tried to hold back a smile.

“S-sure thing Kevin,” Sarah stuttered as she grabbed Melissa and Frankie and started to walk backwards towards the door.

“See you later,” Melissa yelled as all three of them turned and ran towards the elevator.

XXXXX

Once all three of them were safely enclosed in the elevator they all three began laughing. Sarah put her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath, “Oh my gosh, I so thought we were dead.”

“I know! If it hadn’t been for Frankie we would have.” Melissa stated as leaned against the elevator wall.

“Me, what about you? You were crying, I even believed you,” Frankie giggled.

“Ah the benefits of being a drama queen,” Sarah joked as she quickly hit the fourth floor button.

“Hey, what did you do that for? We’re on the ninth and Frankie’s on the twelfth.” Melissa asked as the elevator slowed to a stop.

“You said we were looking for diet coke, you know Lizzy’s gonna ask.”

Melissa frowned “Oh, I didn’t think about that. Hey Frankie, why did you have Kevin’s cell phone anyways? I about passed out when you whipped that thing out.”

Frankie smiled, “Well, I had to make sure no one missed me so while Kevin was in the shower I took it and sent a text to my mom telling her that Kevin was taking me for ice cream, I just forgot to put it back.”

Melissa stopped in her tracts which caused Frankie to bump into her, “What’s wrong with you?” He asked.

“Kevin… shower… Oh my God,” She stated as she jumped excitedly.

Frankie rolled his eyes, “You know for a minute there I had forgotten you were a fan.”

Sarah pushed Melissa forward, “Ignore her Frankie, she’s an idiot.”

“Hey, no fair,” Melissa pouted.

“Ah, so you’re back from the land of Kevin?” Sarah asked.

Melissa blushed, “Shut up Sarah, besides did you see the way they were acting? I’d say Kevin now belongs to Coach Lizzy.”

“You think so?” Frankie asked excitedly.

“Based on the way they were acting I would be willing to bet they like each other, with a little push to Lizzy from us and a little push to Kevin from you; I think this just might work out,” Melissa stated as she put some money in the coke machine and hit a button.

Sarah frowned, “But how do we push them together? We only have two more days and tomorrow we will be tied up with the parade, then on Friday we are supposed to be sightseeing.”

“Well, we are supposed to be sightseeing too, I could maybe mention to Kevin how nice it would be to invite you all; after all my brothers love to make their fans happy and you guys have already proved you’re fans.” Frankie added thoughtfully.

Sarah looked at Frankie, “Do you think they would invite all if us? I mean we did kind of cause trouble this morning.”

“Oh please, that was nothing; beside Big Rob will be there so if you guys go all crazy fan girl again he’ll just kick your butt,” Frankie said as they turned back to the elevators.

Melissa began to laugh as they got on the elevators, “Frankie you are awesome, you know that right?”

“Why am I awesome?” He asked.

“Because you’re getting us near the Jonas Brothers, and we’ll get to meet them!” She yelled with an enthusiastic bounce.

Sarah rolled her eyes as she hit the twelve button, “Melissa he is a Jonas brother and you just met Kevin; if you don’t calm down we’re not going to let you meet the rest.”

Melissa pouted, “You’re no fun.”

Sarah waved her hand dismissively, “Yeah, yeah, so what are we gonna call this operation of sorts?”

“Oh, I know; why don’t we call it love bug?” Melissa asked excitedly.

“Operation Love Bug?” Sarah asked.

“It fits,” Frankie added with a shrug as the elevator doors slid open.

“Okay so operation love bug’s a go... see ya,” Sarah added as Frankie stepped off the elevator.

As the elevator doors began to close Melissa stuck her hand out stopping them, “Hey Frankie?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I have Joe’s number?” She asked.

“Umm, no.” Frankie stated with a puzzled look.

Sara just rolled her eyes and pulled Melissa away from the doors, “Bye Frankie,” She called as the doors slid close.

Frankie just shook his head.

Those girls were completely crazy.

XXXXX

Kevin squeezed Lizzy’s hand lightly as the elevator doors opened allowing the couple in front of them to get off. Once the doors slid shut and they were alone once more he turned to her, “I had an amazing time tonight Lizzy, thank you for coming.”

Lizzy smiled as she looked into Kevin’s eyes, “I had a pretty amazing time myself, thanks for inviting me.”

With a pounding heart Kevin leaned down slightly smiling as Lizzy’s eyes fluttered shut; slowly he brought his hand up to cup her cheek his eyes closing on their own accord. He softly brushed his lips to hers, taking delight in the slight gasp Lizzy emitted. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he deepened the kiss.

Neither of them heard the elevator doors ping open or the frightened gasp emitted from the person standing in front of it.

“Kevin?” She asked.

Kevin and Lizzy shot apart to stare at the woman in front of them.

Kevin quickly whipped his mouth and rubbed the back of his neck nervously, “Hi mom.”

Mrs. Jonas gaze moved from her son the blushing girl and back, “Right, so I’ll just wait for the next one then.”

And with that the elevator door slid closed once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
BUSTED!!, lol sorry couldn't help myself... So what do you think? Will Kevin invite Lizzy and her girls to go sightsee... What does Mrs. Jonas think of finding her son makingout in an elevator? Better yet, what will Joe and Nick think when they find out? lol

Love it ? Hate it? Let me know... Reviews are always greatly appreciated!!!

By the way, I have two new stories called Great Expectations and I Hear It's Wonderful in Heaven, if you haven't read them yet I would love for you to swing by and let me know what you think!