Hard to believe that you are Mine.

Moment of Truth

"Well?" they all chorused as Matt had trouble responding, all he could do was blink.
"Shit Matt, whose the damn father!?" Johnny shouted as he grabbed the paper from Matt’s hand.

He let out a short sigh of relief then made the same face as Matt.
"This is crazy!"
"Give me the fucking thing if no ones going to say anything." Brian growled as he snatched the paper from Johnny’s hand and looked it over.

[Brian’s POV]
I took the paper from his hand and looked over the words.
"This is all crap, there’s no na-." I stopped mid-sentence when I saw my name in print at the very bottom.

I’ve never been so afraid to be called Brian Haner Jr.
I felt numb.
I have a daughter. A fucking 13year old daughter, well 14year old due to her birthday being 2weeks ago.

"Who is it Brian?" Zacky asked as I had a hard time paying attention.
"Uh, oh um. Shit" I spat out as I dropped the letter and ran for the stairs, they shouted after me but I ignored them.
I made it to my bedroom and slammed the door.

"Okay, calm down calm down. How can I fucking calm down, I’m a dad!?" I said as I paced my room.
I fell onto the bed and sighed, "When did this happen?"
I had to find out where Ashley was, who her mother was and figure out a way of trying to tell her.

I left my room and made my way to the stairs once more, as I passed Matt’s room I noticed a toy bear lying on the bed.
I recognised the bear somehow and tried to remember where I had seen it.

*Flashback* - about 13 years and 10 months ago...
"You will ring me, won’t you?" she sobbed as he hugged her tightly.
"You know I will baby." he replied handing her a toy bear, she smiled through her tears as he kissed her one last time and walked away.

"I love you Brian." she shouted as the car engine started. He wound the window down,
"I love you too, Sarah."
*Flashback Over*

"This was mine." I smiled to myself as I remembered the last time I kissed my girlfriend before driving off to the airport.
"I can’t believe I forgot her." I sighed as I heard the door slowly creak.

"You okay dude?" Matt asked as I turned around, bear in hand,
"Yes." I replied barely above a whisper.
"Look what I found. My old bear, It’s been so long." I said in the same tone, Matt nodded as he sat on his bed.

"I’m guessing she slept in here." he asked as I sat next to him.
"Yes. I can’t bring myself to believe any of this." I broke out into a lecture,
"This time last year I was living it up on tour with unlimited sex and booze. Now I’m reading that I have a daughter who I didn’t know about for the last 13 years."
"Well, life is unpredictable." he replied, patting me on the back.

Then a crazy thought came into my mind, "I want to bring her back." Matt looked at me like I was crazy, but he knew I had good intentions.
I jumped up and ran downstairs, bear still in hand.

I reached the bottom step and shoved my feet into my shoes.
"You okay Brian? Where are you going?" Zacky’s asked as he held the letter in his hand, I snatched in from him and grabbed my keys.

"I’m going to get my daughter." I replied as I shut the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
were you expecting that?? you probably were but hey..

comments would be nice ^-^