I Don't Wanna Be in Love

Chapter Five

“She’s nice, I like her.” Valary says as Matt climbs into the car.

“You do?”

“Yeah, she seems like a real sweet girl.” A satisfying grin spread across Matt’s face just as Val started the engine.

“Matt I know that look, I thought she was happily taken?” She pulled out of the parking as she spoke; Matt noticed a small emphasize on happily.

“It doesn’t look like forever from where I’m standing and if I have a chance at something good I’m going to fucking take it.”

“What if she isn’t even interested?”

“Why all the negativity?”

“Matt, I just don’t want you to get your hopes up and get hurt. I’ve seen it way too many times Hun.”

Part of that was true; Val didn’t want Matt to get his hopes over some girl when she herself was over the hills in love with Matt. She had stood by and watched him get hurt time and time again and never acted on impulse. Hoping one day he’d wake up and realize she was the girl for him. She could handle the touring, drinking, strippers and everything else that came with being with him.

Her thoughts ran through a scenario that’s been on repeat for the past month. She’d just tell him that she was the girl for him and he’d be blind sided, they’d sit and talk and by the end of it she’d be his. But this wasn’t her scenario, she didn’t have the guts to tell him how she felt so she’d suffer. Suffer again and again, hoping after each break up maybe it was her turn.

Matt’s thoughts were swarming around Ember. Little fickle thoughts about how she looked last night in the night and today in the shaded sunlight. He could tell he was falling again, for the countless time.

Ember walked up the pathway to the front door with her key ready. She was too enlisted in her mp3 player and thoughts to take notice to Jacoby’s car in the driveway.

“Where were you?” Greeted her; muffled through the headphones. Her eyes came up to Coby’s and she ripped out the buds.

“I went out to lunch.” She said as her thumb rolled over the players’ button and she clicked it off.

“I’m sorry about earlier.” He through his large arms around her and pulled her into his chest. She kicked the door closed and fell into him. Taking in a breath of him and getting bubbled inside.

“I’m sorry too.” She whispered, kissing his clothed shoulder.

“Tonight, me and you. Let’s stay in and uh…watch a movie.” He says looking down at her with sorry eyes.

“Really? Stay in and watch a movie?”

“Yeah, only I get to pick.” He chuckled and she smiled her bright smile that made him fall.

His lips fell onto hers and he felt better then any drink could make him. “I really am sorry babe,” Coby says against her lips.

“I know you don’t favor the partying but-“

“Don’t apologize, it’s apart of you and I love you.”

The couch was prepped with pillows and a blanket as Ember popped in some popcorn. She was in hot pants and a wife beater waiting on Jacoby to place in Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. A movie they both loved and could watch again and again.

Ember tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she pulled two cans out of the fridge. A crisp pop noise spread in the room twice. Acidic bubbles added to the tune that the microwave blared.

Ahhhh.” Escaped her lips as Jacoby pounced his onto her neck and his hands grabbed her hips.

“Popcorn? I was hoping for something sweet.”

“Sweet? Hmm I think we have some marshmallows.” She says as she gets out of his grasp.

“Marshmallows? Are we camping?” She gave him a look as the microwave beeped at them.

“Movie is in just waiting for you to resume the position of-“

“Don’t finish that sentence.” Popcorn flew halfway across the room and attacked his well styled hair.

Coby picked up a soda and rushed over to Ember, pinning her against the counter with his lower body. “Don’t even think about it mister!” She exclaims, putting her arms up in protest and defense.

A rough knock slammed against the front door.

‘And now who in the hell could that be?’ She questioned herself as Jacoby left her and went to answer it.

“Yo dude you ready?” She heard Jerry from the front door.

“Oh, shit…I don’t think I can come tonight…”

“What the hell is more important then recording?”

“I have plans tonight with Ember and earlier I nearly fucked shit up so-“

“So fucking nothing, reschedule.”

Ember bit her lip as she heard their conversation, waiting for the right moment to go over and give Jacoby the okay. It wasn’t wrong for her to listen to him, just to see what he would say.

Jacoby stood thinking it over as he band mate and great friend eyed him over.

“Go ahead, band comes first.” Her voice brought him out of his thoughts.

“See come on, thank you you’re a doll.” Jerry says as he tugs on Jacoby’s shoulder.

“I’ll see you later.” She kisses his cheek just as he’s pulled out the door.

The rest of the night was dull for her; the popcorn didn’t taste so good, she drank both open soda’s one warmer then the other and fell asleep towards the end of the movie after playing it a second time. Jacoby didn’t get in till late morning hours and by that time Ember was at work. He was trashed out of his mind and passed out on the couch. After their recording sessions he couldn’t say no to some bars and one after another he lined up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I’m so sorry that took forever to get out >_< It shouldn’t have taken that long. As soon as I get a full idea for chapter six it will get written and be up. Might get written tonight but there’s no promises. I hope you liked it, I love feedback!