‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Thirteen

[3 months(ish) later]

“I can’t believe that the wedding is only a few days away, it seems like we were just planning it all out.”

“I know it’s gone by really fast, but you know that you’re ready for it”

“I feel really nervous about the whole thing, I know it’s just pre-wedding jitters but I just can believe that it’s actually here.”

I think nervous wasn’t what I would call it, I felt like I was going to throw up. Does everyone really get this nervous before getting married? That’s all it had to be just nerves.

“Lilli I’m not feeling so well, I think I’m going to go lay down for a little bit”

As I turned to head into my room, I ran for the bathroom.

“Dani are you ok?” Lilli asked standing in the doorway.

“I feel terrible, it’s just what I need to getting a cold right before Adam and I are to be married.”

“I’m sure it’s just nerves Dani”

“I hope so; I really don’t want to be sick on my wedding day”

“Hey Dani, I just thought of something”

“Hmm?” I wasn’t paying much attention as I was putting together a few last minute things for the wedding.

“Why don’t you go to the doctors today just to make sure that you aren’t getting sick?”

“But I have so much to do Lilli and –”

“Dani go I will take care of what needs to be done; just give me a list and I’ll do it”

“Ok thanks Lilli, I don’t know what I would do without you”

I made a list for the things that needed to be done and handed it to Lilli and called the doctor’s office. “Hi, this is Dani Andrews, I was wondering if there might be an opening today”

“Hi Dani, I have one at 1:45”

“Ok I’ll be there, thanks”

*****

“Hello Danielle”

“Hi Dr. Smith”

“So what seems to be the problem?”

“Well as you know I’m getting married in a few days and I wanted to get checked out so I wasn’t sick for the wedding”

“Oh we could not have the bride sick” she laughed “are there any symptoms that I should be aware of” she took my blood pressure and listened to my breathing

“I’ve been nauseous and I threw up earlier”

“Ok well everything seems ok but I’m going to do a blood test, they pick up everything, don’t worry, you will be a healthy bride, I’ll be right back to get the sample”

Dr. Smith came back and took the sample of blood. I sat waiting what seemed to be forever. Then I heard the turn of the knob and Dr. Smith returned with a paper in her hand and a smile on her face.

“So what am I sick with?”

“Well Dani, you’re not sick at all”

“Then why am I not feeling good?”

“You’re pregnant”

“I’m wha—at?”

“Pregnant, honey”

“Oh my god can I go throw up?”

“It’s ok sweetie”

“Yeah, I guess it is ok” I smiled thinking about another baby.

“Then I’m free to go then?”

“Yup, just make another appointment for next month so we can see how things are going”

“So how far along am I exactly?”

“About 3 months or so”

“Thanks Dr. Smith”

I’m pregnant again, what is Adam going to say? I need to tell someone, I called Lilli and found out where she was and met her there.

“So how was the doctors?”

“Well they figured out what was wrong” I began smiling.

“And so what’s wrong?”

“There’s nothing wrong, I’m pregnant again”

Lilli’s mouth dropped “Oh-my-god! Congratulations Dani!”

“Thanks”

“Have you told Adam yet?”

“No not yet, I just have to find the right time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I typed this one up really quick...well actually I typed it with the other chapter lol so here's another one since the other one was kind of short :) more updates tomorrow :)