‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Fourteen

The wedding

I stood there in my dress gazing into the mirror. “I still can’t believe that this is actually happening”

“Which part Dani?” Lilli asked laughing.

“Lilli, do you think that he’s going to be ok with it?”

“Dani, you have nothing to worry about. Everything is going to be fine, just breathe.”

I took a deep breath and let it out. Just as I was making a last minute overlook, my mother walked in “Are you about re- Oh honey you look beautiful!”

“Thanks mom”

“Are you ready honey? Everyone is waiting”

“Yeah I’m ready”

Anne held the door as I walked out in my wedding dress, then took her spot as one of my brides’ maids, along with Michael’s fiancé, and Butcher’s girlfriend, followed by Lilli my maid of honor. I looked out into the set up that we planned outside. Jonathan was the ring bearer and Emma the flower girl even though Adam’s mom carried Jonathan and my mom carried Emma down the aisle.

I felt like I was going to faint but when I looked up my dad was standing there smiling. “Ready to go honey?”

“Yeah dad I’m ready.”

He linked my arm and I began my decent down the aisle. It was one of the scariest and easiest things I ever had to do. Everyone smiled, but it all seemed to fade when I saw Adam’s face staring back at mine. What seemed to be forever finally was here. My dad kissed my cheek and left me to take Adam’s hands. I looked to see Bill, Mike, Butcher and Chislett in tux’s, which doesn’t happen too often, but they looked really good. My eyes went back to Adam’s. “You look beautiful” he mouthed to me. I smiled and we turned to face the justice of the peace.

*****

“You may now kiss the bride” I heard the justice of the peace say.

“May I present Mr. and Mrs. Adam Siska” Everyone smiled and clapped as we made our way back down the aisle for the reception.

We went inside fairly quickly so when we walked into the reception hall we could be announced.

“I can’t believe we finally did it”

Adam wrapped his arms around my torso so my back was against his chest. “I’m never letting you go, I promise.”

“I know” I smiled and turned my head to catch his lips on mine. There was just one thing that I hadn’t told him yet, I’m going to tell him now “Adam-”

“Adam, Dani they are ready for you”

I peaked in to see the Gabe was taking over at the DJ table; Lilli gave him thumbs up to tell him we were ready. “Ok folks, I am proud to announce the arrival of 2 of my best friends.”

“Ready Dani?”

“Yes”

“Adam and Dani Siska!”

We walked in hands laced together, as before everyone clapped and cheered.

“Can we have the Bride and Groom get ready for their first dance as husband and wife? Are you all ready for this!?” He stalled for at least a minute or two.

“Come on Gabe!” We said laughing. Gabe finally started the song “1, 2, 3, 4” by The Plain White T’s.

We began dancing and about a minute into the song I decided it was time to tell Adam my news.

“Adam, I have another gift to give you”

“Yes?”

“Well I don’t know about a surprise but more like news” I paused and was quiet.

“Dani what is it?”

“I’m pregnant”

Adam smiled and pulled me closer.

“And this time I’m going to remember the entire thing.” I whispered in his ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll have the last chapter up probably by tonight :D Hopefully to all that have been reading that you have liked my Sisky story :) Enjoy :)