‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Nine

Adam’s POV

“Guys I need to talk to you”

“What’s up Sisky?” Butcher jumped over Bill’s couch so he was sitting next to me. Everyone else was putting equipment away.

“Well I’ve been thinking about it and I think I’m going to ask Dani to marry me for real so we can be a real family with Emma and Jonathan”

That’s when we heard a crash from Butcher’s drum set. We looked behind us to see Chizzy had tripped and bumped into Butcher’s set. Chizzy smiled a I’m sorry smile and continued to put away his guitar.

“So you’re going to be like me huh?” Mike said he patted my shoulder.

“Yeah, I want to ask her, I mean I think we still are from when I asked her before but I want to make it official, and I want to know for sure that she still wants to. You guys know what I’m trying to say?”

Chizzy nodded along with Butcher and Mike. “So how are you going to do it Adam?” I heard Bill from behind me.

“I don’t really know. That’s why I came to you guys. I need help.”

“Well Sisky, how did you do it last time?”

“I just asked her, and she said yes, but I want to do it different somehow this time.”

They all nodded in agreement. “Oh!” Butcher yelled “What if you hide in a cake or something and pop out and ask her?”

“I want her to be surprised Butcher, not fall over because I scared her by jumping out of a cake”

“Yeah that’s probably true” I thought I faintly heard him say “I’ll have to scratch that off my list”

“What if you just took her out to dinner and asked her there?”

“Do you think that will work? Just take her out to dinner and pop the question?” Not paying attention to anything around me, after I stopped talking I heard a female voice say:

“Yeah why not? You won’t be interrupted, just you two, and she will probably think its romantic as hell. It’s simple and I think that she will love it” Lilli stood in the doorway smirking.

“Shit, I didn’t want anyone to know that I was going to ask her”

“Adam dearest I will not tell a soul” she said walking over to Mike leaning against him.

“You promise? I don’t want Dani finding out”

“I promise. You know that I’m nosey anyway, do you have a ring yet?”

“Yeah it’s in my pocket”

“Well let’s see it! I want to know if it’s bigger than mine” she laughed looking at Mike. He smiled kissed her forehead.

I pulled it out and opened the tiny box. Lilli gasped, and grabbed it out of my hand.

“Adam this is beautiful! Dani is going to absolutely love it!”

Lilli’s comment made me feel so much better that I had gotten that ring. I was torn between the one I had bought and another that I thought she would have loved. This one had a diamond in the middle with smaller diamonds steadily going away from the largest.

“You really think she is going to like it?”

“Oh my god yes! Adam when are you going to ask Dani?”

“I was hoping maybe tonight”

Silence.

“You’re not wasting anytime are you Sisky?”

“Where are you going for dinner? And are you going to ask her before or after dinner?”

“I don’t know”

“Oh you should take her to the Country Bistro, I went there with Dani and she really liked it. And I suggest asking her after dinner.”

“Ok thanks Lilli, but -”

“What about the kids?”

I nodded.

“Don’t worry about them there are four guys here and me I think that we can probably take care of them fine.”

“Do you and Mike want to come get them now?”

“Sure, and while I’m there I can help Dani pick out an outfit for tonight” Lilli smiled. She had something up her sleeve I knew it. I only had to do is get ready and get through dinner, then ask Dani. I did it once I can do it again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update of my Sisky story! =D
This story is going to be winding down [6 chapters left] which makes me sad, but after this one is done I can focus more on my Mike Carden story =]
I hope you like it=]

comments ?