Hello Beautiful

Joe Steals My Woman

“Guys, the cast list is here!!!” I said, reaching for a blue envelope marked with the Disney Channel crest. “Hey!” Right as I reached for the letter, it got snatched out from under my hand.

“I want to read it,” Laura said, smiling at me. “Please?”

“Fine.” I crossed my fingers behind my back. I really wanted the part of Shane Grey. He had a big kissing scene with Mitchie, whom Laura was a shoe in for. She opened the envelope and started to read the letter out loud as Kevin and Joe came running into the kitchen.

“'In writing this letter we just wanted to congratulate each and every one of you and tell you that you are all stars. Casting this movie was extremely difficult and we hope that you know how hard it was to pick just a few of you. The cast list is as follows.’” Here her eyes got really wide as she read ahead silently.

“What? What is it? Did you get the part? What’s wrong?”

“'The cast list is as follows,’” she repeated hollowly,

“'Mitchie Torres will be played by Laura Sullivan’”

“Oh my gosh, you got the part! That’s awesome!” But she didn’t look the least bit excited.

“'Connect Three will be played by the Jonas Brothers, with Kevin taking the roll of Jason, Nick taking the roll of Nate, and…’”

But she didn’t have to finish. We all knew why she was acting weird. She was gonna have to kiss Joe. And jealous as I was, I still knew that this was the last thing she wanted to do. I knew she loved Joe, but I guess she didn’t want to make things weird with him.

Well, there goes that dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, it's short, but it's my fifth update of the night, so be happy.