Hello Beautiful

I Get Five Stuffed Elephants For My Birthday

I can’t believe they forgot my birthday.

“Hey Joey, we’re going to a concert in Central Park. Wanta come?” Laura asked me sweetly.

“Sure.” I can’t believe they forgot my birthday.

We climbed off the bus and got mobbed by about twenty different people with cameras. I can’t believe they forgot my birthday. We waved them off and kept walking. I can’t believe they forgot my birthday. They followed us the whole way. I can’t believe they forgot my birthday. I hate paparazzi. I can’t believe they forgot my birthday. They’re like flies you can’t get rid of. I can’t believe they forgot my birthday.

We got to the Central Park Amphitheatre. I can’t believe they- “Where’s Laura? Oh my god, are those elephants? Guys, what’s going on?” Kevin and Nick grinned at me.

“HOW ARE YOU DOING NEW YORK?” I heard a voice scream into a microphone. Wait, I know that voice… I spun around. Laura was on the stage. “I have a very special friend out there with a birthday today. Does anybody know who that is?”

I heard about ten thousand teenyboppers scream my name.

“Yes, you’re right, that would happen to be my Camp Rock co-star, my tour-mate, my best friend, Mr. Joseph Adam Jonas!!!” She screamed my name really loud. “Will you guys help me get him up here so that we can sing to him?” Oh no. “I need your help to make this happen you guys, come on!"

JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!
JOEY!!!

I looked at Nick and Kevin. Nick came over to me and I thought he was going to pull me away. Instead, he and Kevin gave me an almighty shove and before I knew it I was onstage.

“YAY!!!! Hello Joey, how are you doing on this fine day?” she asked me. Someone passed me a mic and my brain switched into stage mode.

“I am doing great, how about you Laura?”

“I am just fantastalistic. Joseph, would you like to tell us how old you are today?”

“Let’s see, well, yesterday I was 18, so I guess that, since today is my birthday, that would make me… 27. No, I’m just kidding. I’m 19.”

“That’s what I thought. Now, everybody, I want you to help me sing Happy Birthday to Joe.” I guess she didn’t get the response she wanted. ”Well, I think you guys can scream louder than that, so I’m going to give you a little more motivation. Kevin, Nick, get your butts out here!!!”

The screaming intensified about a million times when Kevin and Nick walked onstage with microphones.

“How are you doing New York?” Kevin yelled into his mic.

Lots of screaming.

“Well, we would like to dedicate this concert to a very special Birthday Boy, Mr. Joseph Adam Jonas! Give it up for Joey you guys, come on!!!” Nick yelled. “Now, we need your help to sing Happy Birthday to Mr. Jonas, would you guys like to help us out?” More screaming. “That’s what I thought. Ok, guys, come on:”

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Joey
Happy Birthday to you!

“Wow. Thank you guys so much. This is awesome. Laura, Nick, Kevin, thank you. This is really cool. You got me elephants!”

“Actually, they aren’t real elephants. They’re just life-size stuffed animals from FAO Shwartz.” Laura grinned at me.

“That’s close enough.” I smiled at her. “Wow. It’s gonna be really hard to top this for Nick’s Birthday. I have no idea what I’m gonna do.”

“Ok, well, since this is a concert we have to have music. Do you guys want to hang out here with me, or go backstage?” Laura asked us.

“I’m gonna stay.”

“Me too.”

“Me three.”

“Ok, great. I guess we’ll start with… On The Line!

We all did On The Line together and then Laura did Don’t Forget, The Middle, La La Land, and Until You’re Mine.

She walked over to me and covered her mic as she whispered to me. “Do you want to do the Party routine?”

“Well, we can’t do the whole thing, but parts of it, yea, we could do that.” I smiled at her.
Laura gave the band the cue for the intro and the beat started. I could feel Garbo’s bass and Jack’s drums thud through the stage under my feet. As we danced, I thought about all of the great times Laura and I had had as friends and all of the stupid fights we’d had and all of the crazy stuff we’d done together (mostly on stage). I had had a lot of good memories, and this birthday was right up there with them. Best Birthday ever. Most definitely. I thought all of these things as I smiled down at Laura, twirling around the stage in her beautiful blue dress. Yea, best birthday ever.