Dying Doesn't Seem So Cruel

I'm Sorry for Hurting You

Jasper's P.O.V.

"She's sorry."

"Jasper, I almost. . . "

"Calm down, Emmett."

He shook his head violently. "I can't. I almost. . .I came incredibly close."

"She understands you're not as strong as you need to be, all the time. She understands that there will be times where it's going to be more. . . difficult."

"Mr. Hale, Mr. Cullen, please allow your conversation to cease until the end of the hour."

Emmett dropped his head into his hands, and his mouth formed silent words. I sighed and began taking useless notes.

Dahlia's P.O.V.

I walked home from school that afternoon, rain cascading in sheets around me. Emmett's jacket was drenched, but I still was dry. Except for my legs. Up to my knees on my jeans was soaked and dirty; my hair clung to my scalp and face. I blinked multiple times; visibility was terrible.

"Get in."

I glanced over at the car. "I'm fine."

"Dahlia, get in."

"Emmett, I'm fine, really. I'm not going to keep putting you in the position of having to always watch what you do."

"I do annyway."

"I'm almost home. I'll just walk."

"Dahl---"

"Ow!"

"Oh, God, Dahlia. I'm so sorry."

"Let go of me."

I left him standing in the middle of the road, rain dripping into his eyes. He could easily have caught up to my staggering pace as I ran toward my house, but I was pretty sure he'd gotten the hint.