"Worth Fighting for, Worth Lying for, Worth Dying for."

Chapter six; Love by way of Hollywood.

Chapter six; Love by Way of Hollywood.

Later that night, while watching tv with his family, Blake thought about what he should do about Jake. He defiantly didn’t want to lose his best friend. But, what did Jake really want him to do? Make new friends, or just talk to people at school, period? Grawr, it was so confusing.
“Blake, would you mind getting that?” His father asked. Blake shook his head. He had been thinking so hard he hadn’t even noticed his phone was ringing.
“Wha? Yeah…” Blake dragged himself off the couch & over to the phone. He picked it up, smiling as the irritating ringing finally stopped. “Hello?”
“Uh, hi. Is Clarissa there?” The voice was deep, male. He sounded quite young though.
“Clarissa,” Blake said, handing the phone over to her.
“Hello?” She said, “Oh hi!” Her voice was much higher, & she seemed giddier than normal. After a few minutes she hung up, smiling.
“Who was that?” Her mother asked casually.
“Oh, uh, Tara.” She said quickly, blushing.
“But it was a guy…” Blake said quietly.
Their mother smirked. “So, that’s why you’ve been getting bad grades. You have a boyfriend.”
“No… No, I… Uh…” Blake could see the wheels (slowly) turning.
“Still your little gifted baby?” Blake’s mother said smoothly, looking at her husband.
He was speechless for a moment, then he said; “Yes!” This shouldn’t effect her grades one bit!”
“Oh bullshit!” She said suddenly, standing up. “I’m so fucking sick of you covering for her lack of work ethic & discipline!”
Blake & Clarissa stared. They had never heard their mother swear.
“Its not her fault she’s gifted!”
Mrs. Romney sighed. “I’m gone.” Then she left the room. A few minutes later, they heard a door slam.
The next few minutes was really awkward & tense. Everyone was silent, expecting her to come back any second.
But she didn’t.
“Maybe you should go to bed.” Blake’s Dad said at about 11. Slowly, Blake & Clarissa got up, & headed upstairs.
“I can’t believe it…” Blake said.
Clarissa shrugged. “Whatever. The bitch is gone.”
Blake stared in disbelief after her as she went into her room.