Vicious Romantic

Twenty-One

Clara was doing my fooling with my hair, she wasn’t going to be happy until she got the curls just right. I had another date with Jeff. A week passed since Tucker and I had our little...whatever you want to call it. The entire week one thing plagued my mind while Tucker remained silent and stole glances at me, who is Adele.

Adele was a girl obviously. And obviously she means a lot to Tucker. But where was she? Who is she? It was annoying the crap out of me. So I asked the one person I can ask anything.

“Ian?” I asked venturing into the basement for the first time. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to go down there, but Liam told me to go down and look for him. The basement looked like a cross between a blood bank and an explosives lab.

“Back here!” he called. I wrinkled my nose at the bags of blood that were visible through the glass doors of the freezer.

“What are you up to?” I asked curiously. Ian sat at a table that was covered in all sorts of wires and tools.

“Building a bomb.” Ian said plainly and turned to look at a flat screen TV where some cartoon was playing. Ian barked with laughter and leaned over his bomb.

“So what is that for?” I asked honestly interested as to what Ian was gonna do with a bomb.

“To sell.”

“Who’s gonna buy a bomb from some random guy?”

“Plenty of people. Mobsters for example, anger teenagers, criminals, and our good friends from the government.”

“The government buys bombs off you?” I asked in shock.

“Well...no. But that would be sweet! I’d being getting so much money!” I laughed at Ian and leaned against the table while watching the cartoon absently.

“So...” I said.

“So?” he echoed narrowing his eyes on a blue wire.

“So, who’s Adele?” Ian dropped his hands away from the blue wire and looked at me in surprise.

“Where did you hear about here?” Ian asked suspiciously.

“Tucker mentioned her about a week ago. It just kind of popped into my head right now.” Ian sighed and looked toward the door to his little bomb making office.

“Listen, I shouldn’t really be the one to tell you about her. I have no place to. But I will tell you that, she meant the world to him and he has never been the same without her.”

“Well where is she?”

“Bailey, I can’t tell you that. He should tell you that.” I sighed in annoyance.

“Fine, whatever. I have to go anyway.”

“Don’t be mad at me.” Ian pleaded.

“I’m not mad, Ian. I love you, you’re the best. But I have to go wait for Jeff. I’ll see you later.” I exited the basement in time to hear the doorbell ring. I rushed toward the door but Tucker stepped out in front of me and pulled th door open.

“Hello, Jeff.” he said monotone.

“Hey, Tuck. Is Bailey here?” Jeff asked cheerily.

“Yep.” Tucker moved aside and let me get to Jeff.

“Ready to go?” Jeff asked, locking his fingers between mine. I couldn’t hide the large smile that spread across my face. Jeff made me the happiest I’ve been in a long time.

“I’m ready.” I looked into his eyes lovingly and he placed a kiss on my cheek. My heart was seriously going to burst from beating so fast. “Tell Clara, I’m leaving?” I asked Tucker.

“Sure.” he mumbled giving me a heart broken expression. What’s his problem? He loves Adele. I’m not Adele, so why is he so bent out of shape? All I did was make out with him, he’s the one who made it all weird. Wow...that sounded sort of slut like. I don’t want to be a slut. That’s it. No more romantic interactions with Tucker.

“Do want to go to this Ball with me?” Jeff asked after he had been fidgeting with his napkin for a good three minutes.

“A Ball?”

“Yeah, you know what Tucker and all of them are. We’ll a big important member of their family is holding a ball, I’m inviting and I would love to bring you along.” Jeff explained, dancing around the word vampire. We were in public, we couldn’t risk sounding like crazy people.

“I’d love to.” I beamed at him.

“Good.” Jeff leaned across the table and kissed me tenderly.

“Clara!” I screamed happily running right by Liam who looked at me in amusement. “Clara!”

“What?” Clara asked pushing Ian’s face away from her’s. Ian whined in protest but chose to not push the subject.

“I just got invited to the ball!” I squeaked happily.

“No!” Clara gasped in happy shock. “Did you really?” he eyes widened.

“Yes! I did!” I grinned at her.

“This is amazing!” Clara shouted! “You have him wrapped around your finger already!”

“Oh my God, he like so wants you.” Tucker imitated Clara’s voice and walked by rolling his eyes.

“Don’t be too jealous, Tucker!” Clara called after him. Tucker laughed mockingly. God, I can’t stand him!
♠ ♠ ♠
I went drving yesterday. I'm pretty amazing at it.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!
I beg of you!