Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 3: Daddy

Finally the day ended and I walked to my car, which ironically was my parent’s old mini van (very mom-ish). I stood by my van waiting for Matt. I saw him walking towards me and couldn't help but smile slightly, then frown when Lindsey called his name, "Matty, where are you going? I thought you were giving me a ride today?" I could just hear the double meaning in her words and cringed.

Matt turned to her and said "I have somewhere I need to be, someone I need to meet Lindsey."

She pouted her fake lips at him "I'm sure they can wait Matty come on!" she tried to grab his arm but he shook her off.

"No Lindsey, I waited long enough to meet them now just leave me the hell alone!" He continued walking towards me, smiling at me, as he got closer.

Lindsey saw that he was walking towards me and sneered "Oh I see how it is, your just gonna leave me to go back to that whore."

oh no she did not just call me a whore I went to walk over and give her a piece of my mind but Matt beat me to it. "Don't call her that ever again, you stupid bitch, she is the mother of my daughter and is far less of a whore then you are, I'm the only man she's ever slept with, now how many guys have you slept with," She didn't answer "Right that's what I thought, Don't ever talk about her again Lindsey or I know a few girls who would be willing to beat your skank ass for it. Oh and if you can't take a hint, we're over you just crossed the line with that smart ass remark good-bye bitch!"

He turned back around and walked towards me. I looked at him still in shock he just defended his daughter and me a first for him and he did it in front of the whole school. Damn that was kinda hot

I shook my head and got back to my senses "Thanks Matt."

He smiled and said, "Anytime, where is she?"

I chuckled and said, "We have to go pick her up from day-care. Put your stuff in the trunk and get in."

I climbed into the driver’s side and waited till Matt had his seat belt buckled till I drove off campus. "Day-care? How old is she now?" he asked.

I smiled and said "She a year and a half old she was born in February on the 14th!"

He chuckled and said "Valentines day! Your favorite holiday, that’s weird."

I laughed and said, "Yeah, I thought so too. Just so you know she may recognize you."

He turned to me and asked "How?"

I stopped at a stop light and turned to look at him "I gave her a picture of you and I, the one from the beach and I talk to her about you all the time. Sometimes she'll point to your picture and say "Daddy" She knows who you are Matt, now you just have to get to know her."

He was silent for a minute before he asked "She calls me daddy already?" he sounded a little choked up.

I smiled and said "Yeah, she may not know you Matt but she loves you, I swear if you stick around you'll turn her into a daddy's girl with in two days."

He smiled and said, "I plan on it. I'm going to take responsibility from now on Terry, she's my little girl, I don't know why I didn't take responsibility for her in the first place."

I sighed and said "Thank you Matt that really means a lot to me."

Finally 10 minutes later we pulled up to the day-care. Matt and I got out and walked in, the lady that runs the day care Mrs. Roberts smiled as she saw us come in "Hello Teresa, how was school?"

I laughed and said, "It was good, and it was kinda weird being away from Bella for so long though."

She nodded and said, "I know how that goes hunny. Who is this young man?"

I smiled and said, "This is Matt, Bella's father, Matt the lovely woman here is Mrs. Roberts Bella's baby-sitter."

He shook her hand and said 'Hello'. Mrs. Roberts looked at me questioning me with her eyes at what Matt was doing here, she knew the whole story between him and me so it was a shock that he was here. I explained to her that he was finally taking responsibility and stepping up as Bella father. She smiled sweetly and nodded.

I asked, "So can we go get her?"

Mrs. Roberts just nodded and let us go back to where Bella was playing with the other kids her age. I walked up to her and said "Baby girl, momma's here."

She screamed "Momma!" and stood up shakily running to me.

I laughed and picked her up swinging her in the air then resting her on my hip. I kissed her forehead and said "Hey baby, guess who's here? Someone came to visit you."

She just looked at me I motioned for Matt to come over, he walked over and as soon as Bella saw him she smiled and yelled "Daddy!" She reached out for him; He smiled and reached for her as well. I handed her over and watched as he hugged her tightly to his chest.

"Hey, princess, sorry it took so long." He whispered to her as he let a few tears fall from his eyes. I smiled as I felt myself start to tear up, it was a sight to see, the bad-ass punk kid I'd known Matt as was torn away and someone else was starting to replace him. Just one look at his daughter and he broke down. I wiped the tears away, it was their first father/daughter moment and it was heart melting to see such a strong man break down because of one little word 'Daddy!'

Matt looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Terry!"

I nodded and said "I know Matt, come on we need to get her home then you can spend some more time with her."

He nodded, I went to go take Bella from him but he shook his head "I got her Terry!"

I smiled and nodded. We walked back to the front I signed her out and turned to Mrs. Roberts "I'll give you a new list of names for people who can sign her out, I have a feeling it's going to change in the next few days."

She nodded and said "Alright sweetie, now go, I'll see you tomorrow."

I smiled and walked out to find Matt playing with Bella. He was tickling her tummy "Noooooo. Daddy!" She squealed.

I laughed along with Matt and said "Alright time to go home."

Bella looked at me then at Matt and asked "Daddy?" asking if Matt was coming with us.

Matt smiled showing off his dimples and said "I'm coming too princess, now lets get you strapped in."

He opened the door and picked her up putting her into her kid’s seat and buckling her in. He got up front with me and I looked at him wondering where he learned to buckle a kid’s seat. He sighed and said, "My mom used to make me baby-sit the neighbors kids don't ask."

I chuckled and nodded. We finally headed back to my house. Which was actually my parent’s house.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait I totally forgot I posted this story on here but I have a few more chapters already typed up I just need a few comments and they'll be up!!!

<3 ShortyT