Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 4: Talking

Matt started shifting uncomfortably in his seat. I sighed and said "Matt, you said you wanted to be in her life, you’re going to have to put up with her grandparents."

He sighed and said, "Ok, I'm ok, lets get this over with." He got out of the car and grabbed Bella. Then the three of us made our way inside.

"Mom, dad we're home." I yelled as we walked inside. My dad over to greet me and Bella like he usually dose, then he stopped, staring at Matt in shock and anger. I sighed and said "Dad, leave him alone, I've already chewed him out enough today, he just wants to spend time with his daughter."

My dad looked at me and said "Ok but I've got one thing to say to you Matthew, if you hurt my daughter or my granddaughter in any way this time I will not hesitate to kill you."

Matt visibly gulped the only person in the world that scared him to death was my dad; Matt said, "Yes sir." My dad walked back to his office leaving Matt and I alone with our daughter. We walked up the stairs to my room.

I sighed as we reached my room and sat back on my bed letting Matt spend his much needed time with his daughter. When she started getting sleepy she turned to Matt and said "Daddy sing!"

Matt looked at me I always used to make him sing to me before I went to sleep like mother like daughter I guess, I shrugged and said, "Just do it!"

He chuckled and started singing 'Sweet Child o' Mine' by Guns N' Roses. I smiled as I watched her eyes shut and her breathing even out. Matt picked her up careful not to wake her and looked at me. I got up and led the way towards her room. (one of the old guest rooms).

Matt gently kissed her forehead "I love you princess" he said and laid her down in her crib. I turned on the baby monitor and we walked out of her room gently closing the door behind us.

I looked at Matt and said, "We need to talk."

He nodded and said, "I know, lead the way!"

I led him into my room right across the hall from Bella’s' room and we sat down. I sat on my bed as he sat in my desk chair. I sighed and said "Ok so the ground rules, you can visit her whenever you want, as long as you ok it with me. You are going to have to get a crib for your house if you want to take her for the night. You have to help me pay for things for her, I've been working two jobs for way too fucking long, and you can't walk out on her!"

He nodded and said, "I can do that. Terry, I told you I'm not going anywhere, she's my little girl, I can't leave her now, I'm sorry it took me so long to come around I was just scared and you know better then most that I don't like being scared. When you told me your were pregnant, I was actually kind of excited about it but then as I thought about it I got scared shit-less and ran from it.” He looked me in the eye "I still love you Terry and I always will, that's never going to change, and I know that you can't trust me right now because of what I did but I want you back so I'm going to prove to you that you can trust me again. Are you willing to give me a second chance?"

I smiled slightly and said "You always know what to say Matt, It's going to take sometime for me to fully trust you again but you proved to me today that you are willing to make sacrifices for me and for Bella, and everyone deserves a second chance Matt. I still care about you, but you broke my heart in more ways then one. I know how you felt when I told you I was pregnant at 16 I was so scared my parents had to force me to eat. Just prove to me that you are going to be there 100% for Bella and I, and I can start to trust you again."

He nodded and got out of his chair coming to sit next to me, he pulled me into a hug and said "I'm gonna prove to you that I can be there for you and Bella, Terry. I love you."

I nodded and said, "I know you do Matt, I know."

Matt and I ended up getting our stuff out of the car and working in my room on our homework until Matt's mom called him. I didn't really hear the conversation because I was in the zone on what I was writing but I did hear him talking about Bella. Matt's parents knew about Bella and they weren't very proud of Matt for leaving me to take care of a child by myself but they let him make his own mistakes knowing that one day he'd make them right. I heard him telling her that he was going to stay over as long as he could until my parents kicked him out. I laughed at this knowing that now that he was in Bella's life my parents were going to let him stay as long as he wants as long as he's helping out with Bella.

As soon as Matt hung up the phone we heard Bella screaming. Both of us ran in to her room. She was standing up in her crib with fat tears running down her cheeks Matt walked to her quickly, "Daddy!" She cried as she reached for him.

He picked her up and rocked her back and forth "It's alright Princess, Daddy's got you."

Bella wrapped her small arms around Matt’s neck and sobbed into his neck. Matt rocked her gently in his arms until she calmed down. I walked up to them and put the back of my hand against her forehead just to see if she had a fever.

"Is she running a fever?" Matt asked quietly.

I shook my head and said, "No, I guess she just had a nightmare."

Matt sighed and kissed Bella's head "It's alright princess Daddy's here now, I'm not gonna let anything hurt you." He whispered his promise to her.

I noticed Bella's eyes start to get heavy again and said "She's falling asleep again you can put her back in her crib now."

Matt nodded and went to put her back in her crib but once he'd set her down and stood up to walk out of the room, she cried "Daddy, no!"

Matt walked back over and picked her back up "I'm not going anywhere princess, I promise."

I sighed and said "Bring her into my room with us." Matt nodded and carried her into my room with us. I turned off my main light and turned on the dull desk lamp I had. I turned on the TV and laid down on my queen sized bed motioning for Matt to bring Bella over. He laid her down next to me and then laid down himself. I turned on a movie 'Phantom Of The Opera' and rubbed Bella's back I sang along quietly with Christine and Meg knowing it would put both Matt and Bella to sleep.