Status: Still Have Much More to Post

Bella Dawn Sanders

Chapter 7: Hospital

We rushed to her side as Mrs. Roberts held and ice pack on her arm, Matt wiped her tears away, "What happened?" he asked Mrs. Roberts.

She shook her head and said, "I'm sorry I just turned my back for a second and when I turned back around she'd climbed onto one of the bookcases and she fell on her arm."

I nodded "It's alright it's not your fault Mrs. Roberts. We're gonna take her to the hospital and get a cast for her arm and some pain meds for her."

Matt gently picked Bella off of Mrs. Roberts's lap and held her in his arms rocking her back and forth gently careful not to disturb her left arm, the one she'd broken. I grabbed her bag and her signed her out of the daycare before walking out to the van, Matt held Bella in one arm and took the bag from me before handing Bella to me. I opened the side door and got in holding Bella as Matt got in the drivers seat and drove to the hospital.

As we walked into the hospital we got strange looks from the people who were sitting in the waiting room. We walked over to the desk and got a bracelet for her telling the nurse what happened to her so she could give the report to the doctor, then all we could do is sit and wait until one of the doctors could come and take care of our little girl. We sat down on one of the benches in the waiting room. I cradled Bella close to my chest as she continued to cry. Matt wrapped one arm around my shoulders and gently rubbed Bella's uninjured arm in an attempt to calm her down. "Sush baby girl it's going to be alright," Matt kissed her forehead as her cries refused to cease. Matt looked at me and I could see pain showing through his eyes, his little girl was in pain and that in turn caused him pain, "I hate this."

I nodded and said "I know, so do I Gah I wish the freaking people here would stop looking at us like we've done something wrong, I hate it."

Matt squeezed my shoulders trying to comfort me I leaned down and gently kissed Bella’s' forehead "Sush it's alright baby girl momma and daddy are gonna get you all fixed up."

Finally after 15 minutes later a doctor came and called for Bella. We got up and followed him into the room. I sat down on the little bed with Bella in my lap. "So we need to take some x-rays to see what's broken then we can put a cast on her and get her some pain medication."

I nodded and he walked us over to the x-ray rooms and told us that only one of us could stay with Bella so I handed her to Matt since I'd been holding her since we'd got in the car. They put a small little lead vest on Bella and made Matt put on one as they took her x-rays I walked into the other room so I wouldn't be exposed to the radiation.

Finally and hour later we were out of the hospital and Bella was asleep in her car seat. I let Matt drive us back to the school so he could get his car, then we both made our way to Matt's house. I called my parents while we were at the hospital and told them what was going on and that we were just gonna crash at Matt's house for a little while since it was closer to the school.

I sighed as we walked in the door, Matt walked in behind me carrying Bella who was still asleep. "Come on lets go up to my room, then you and Bella can lay down, I have to call mom and tell her what happened today."

I nodded and followed him to his bedroom; he carefully laid Bella down on the bed and was about to walk out of his room before I stopped him. I grabbed his wrist causing him to look at me; I looked straight into his eyes and just wrapped my arms tightly around his waist, and just started crying from all of the stress. Matt wrapped his strong arms around me and rubbed my back, "Terry what's wrong?" he asked sounding concerned.

"Too much stress, I don't know what to do anymore."

Matt kissed my temple and rocked me back and forth quietly singing until I calmed down, "It's gonna be alright Terry, I'm here now, everything is gonna be alright. Why don't you lay down with Bella for a little bit and relax some I'll be back in a few minutes alright?"

I nodded "Ok, and Matt....Thanks for everything."

He smiled and kissed my forehead "Anytime babe, now go lay down." He let go of me and I went and laid down with my daughter. 10 minutes later Matt came and laid down next to me wrapping one of his arms around Bella and me.