Status: Basically completed (writing) with some changes Will post the completed chapters soon

Secrets Can Kill

A Shadow in the Night

The next morning I woke up to find my mom at my side. I looked around the room to see if anything had happen. To what I find is that there is a plastic covering over the window. By just seeing that what I thought what was only a dream was real. I had some how lifted off the bed enraged and destroyed the window. Then remembering I took a quick look at my arms to find stitches on it from when I fell on the floor. To tell the truth all I remember was that warm wet felling on my arm. I did not like the fact that my blood was on the floor, but what was scary was that I wasn’t afraid of sharp pieces of glass. It was like if I was used to them. Then as I started to lay back with my eyes closed I felt something grab my wrist. “I have come to suck your blood,” the voice said.

“What the…Alexander you almost gave me a heart attack!” I said starting to sit up -“What are you doing here anyways and why did you Say that?” I look at him to see him keep control over his emotions. That his eyes were so deep like Jason’s but his had more to it thenjust deepness. That they are black and lonely I felt like if wanted to comfort him. Then something caught my attention about him. His hand was behind him when he started to talk.

“Well when I heard you are here I decided to skip and come to see how you are-” he said still with his hand behind him. I just couldn’t believe my mom hasn’t woken up. -“ So I came with the confidence I could bring because I had to pass the school to get here and fake I was my dad on the phone call I made to school.”

“You still didn’t answer my other question. Why did you say ‘I have come to suck your blood’?” I could see he was thinking on that so instead of waiting for my mom to wake up I woke her. Once I did she check her watch and ran for work with giving a hug and a kiss she left. “I visited your brother he is nice. I like him but he was shaken at the fact that I was your friend. He started asking all sorts of questions like ‘when did you meet my sister? Why are you two friends? If you ever hurt her I will hurt you.’ I can tell he really loves you.” He said looking at the flowers that Trevor gave me. At that moment he look disappointed when he saw the flowers. “Oh I almost forgot I pick this from my mom’s garden. It was the only one it this color it is, well unique,” he said finally putting his hand out from behind his back. I could see it was a single white rose when he handed it to me. “It reminded me of you. It was different from the rest of the crowd.”

“That is so nice of you Alexander!”

“Well it was better than a silly get well card.”

“Why is it silly?”

“Because I could have easily gotten the same card that someone else already got you.”

“That is right you do have a point. Still thank you.”

As I took the flower him his hand he a far look on his face. It was like his mind was somewhere else. It didn’t really bother me what my brother’s behavior was. Well it was maybe the shock of the fact that Alexander was a boy and not a girl. Also that he was my friend. Again Alexander turned to face the flowers with a blank face.

“So who gave you those? Your dad?” he asked not taking his eyes off the flowers.

“Those Jessie brought for me yesterday.”

“Jessie? Jerk Jessie?”

“The one and only jerk.”

He turned around so I finally saw his face it was no longer blank it was full on anger and frustration. I had no idea what to do since I never saw him look like that. What is a girl to do but lower her head and have her natural black her fall in front of her face. This is where it was silent for a while with Alexander. That was when he broke it when he said.

“Did I tell you that I’m staying at your house for the next two months?”

“No!” this was a surprise. “You said nothing of it.”

“Wow I thought I told you.”

“Does my parents know this?”

“Of course they know.” He said calmly. “How stupid would that be if they didn’t know?”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

“Why are you staying at my house?”

I could see he was struggling with answering my question. It was like it was a big secret or something I wasn’t supposed to know. Well I had to know he was going to live in my house for the next three weeks.

“Well, my parents are going to be traveling and someone has to watch me.” He said sheepishly.

“Why can’t you stay by yourself?”

“Well last time that I was home alone. I trashed the house.”

I tried so hard to hold back my laugh. So all that came out was a big grin. Well could blame me he is so nice and polite. I couldn’t imagine him trashing his own house! That is when he brought me back to earth.

“Emily. Earth to Emily. Come in Emily!”

“Sorry.”

“I thought you went back to sleep on me.”

“How long have I been sleeping?”

“Almost a month.”

“A MONTH!”

“Yeah.”

A month I couldn’t believe it. To think I had problems sleeping before. It must have been those painkillers the doctors gave me. To think how much school I missed. Also the homework I will be getting to catch up! Then Trevor will start to annoy me. AGAIN! To think by the time I get back Jason will be back in school. Wait him. I can’t face him after he almost killed me in front of everybody in class. Not to mention the teachers. I kept my eyes closed trying not to think about Jason until my dad ran in the room.

“Emily! The doctor says we can take you home now.”

“Yes I can finally have my bed back!”

“I already have your things in the car. All you need to do is get dressed.”

“Wait dad, where is Alexander staying?”

“In the new guest I built when you were in the hospital.”

Once I got home it was 7:00 p.m. so my parents went back to the hospital to stay with Mikey for three hours. So I’m in the house alone with Alexander! What are my parents thinking leaving me alone with him? He is a little more friendly than usual if they had known that he wouldn’t even be here. And when I mean here I mean here on the sofa with me watching a vampire movie with me in black and white! So halfway into the movie I tell I’m tired because of the pain meds and going to sleep. He didn’t even turn to look at me. He was so caught up in the movie to turn around. Which was good so he didn’t see that I ran for my room.
Once I got to my room it was dark and messy. I loved it like that so dark that only then I feel safe in my room. It is so quiet that once I changed I open my curtains to let the moonlight come in. My window was slightly open to let a cool breeze through my room it was perfect. I fell on my bed and closed my eyes for three minutes then I heard something. I sat up so fast I almost through myself off my bed. Then there was some laughing of amusement in the darkness.

“Whose there?”

“Calm down.” The voice said in the shadows.

“Again who is there?” no one answered then “Answer me!”

“Wow you are a pain aren’t you?”

Then my heart fell and coldness came over body. The person stepped out from the side of me and it turned to be Jason!

“What the hell are you doing in my room?”

“What no hello?”

“NO!”

“Fine be that way. So how are you?”

“I’m asking the questions here” I said standing in front of him now “What are you doing in my room?”

“The window was open and I decided to see how you were.”

He walked away looking at my computer that was open to some pictures and stories. Looking at that caught his attention while I went to see if Alexander heard my yelling. He didn’t thankfully that the volume of the TV was too loud for him to hear. I turned to Jason to find him lying on my bed. All know I can think is ‘Great know I have to burn my sheets.’

“Get off my bed!”

“Why?”

“Because I just had the sheets cleaned and you are going to dirty them.”

“You know you have to work on lying because that was just weak.” He laughed and closed his eyes still not moving. “So what is Alexander doing here?”

I turn to look at him. I had no idea that he knew he was here. Was he spying on me?

“How do you…?”

“Please guys like me always know when someone else is in the house.” He started to sit up and look at the door. “What I don’t get is why you to are alone in the house together.”
That took me of guard him asking about what I was doing in a house alone with another boy. Like if he cared, he almost killed me once.

“Why do you care?”

“Strangely I don’t know.”

“Then leave.”

“Emmy please!”

“What did you just call me?”

“Emily. Why?”

I turned around so my back was still facing him. I had no idea why he called my Emmy. Nobody has called me that in a long time. My own parents have never called me that. I have to know.

“Didn’t you just call me…” I turned around to see my window open and nobody there. I was once again alone in my room, but now I couldn’t sleep. I laid in bed the rest of the night thinking how did he know about Alexander. Why did he call me Emmy? Why did he sound like he cared for my safety. Then it hit me. Why didn’t he shoot me when he had the chance at school?