Status: Basically completed (writing) with some changes Will post the completed chapters soon

Secrets Can Kill

Surprise,Surprise

I wake up the next morning it is 6:30 a.m. I look around my room for some sort of explanation of last night. That couldn’t be real. It can’t be. So I get out of bed and head down stairs. Lucky for me my parents are up and in the kitchen drinking coffee when they see me. My mom stares at me like if she saw a ghost.

“Honey what is wrong? We didn’t expect you up so early.” My mom says looking at me then to my dad.

“Yes, we didn’t think you would want to get up and go to school.” He says and starts laughing.

“Well I think I will go to school.”
He stops laughing and looks at me with a puzzled face. To tell you the truth his face looks more like a giant question mark. Then there is my mom with the same look on her face as my dad.

“Are you sure you want to go?” he asks

“Yes” I say, but what I really want to say is no. The only way I’m going to school so that I don’t have to worry about Jason paying me another visit. “I’m going to go and change now so I’m not late.”

When I went upstairs to my room I change in my black cloths with red trimming. My shoes being Vans are also black. I head into the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. I look in the mirror to see my bed made and emptied. I turned my head for one second to spit the toothpaste and turn to my room. On the bed I find a letter.

Dear Emily,

Sorry about last night I didn’t mean to frighten you. I am also sorry for that day at school. I hope you will forgive me. That doesn’t mean I will stop talking to you. See you soon.

Jason K.

Why. No not why. How did he get into my room? AGAIN! Maybe I didn’t lock the window. Who knows all I know is that I need to get as far from my house now. I grab the letter and stick in to my backpack. Once I stepped out of my room it is 7:30 a.m. and I have to get to school. As I am running for the door Alexander is just walking out. I yell at him to get his attention and he turns around for me to catch up. We walk to school in silent for some reason it felt odd because he is always taking. As we turn the corner to the school I felt some chill go down my spine. It was impossible because it is 78 outside, something is wrong.

“Emily is something wrong? You seem distracted.” Alexander sayslooking at me.

“Well I had a hard time going to sleep last night.” There I said the truth, not the whole truth of course. What will everyone think if they find out someone was in my room. This day can’t get any worse. “Alexander.”

“Yes”

“Do you know how long until Jason comes back?”

“Two more days. Why?”

“Just wanted to know”

“Again why?”

“So I don’t show up that day.”

He started laughing as we walked to class. Inside the classroom my desk was covered with get-well cards. I just wonder how much work I have to makeup. Surprising I didn’t have a lot and since I returned to school the whole class didn’t get any homework. The day flew by fast, and surprisingly, I enjoyed it, which was also a surprise. Trevor didn’t even bother me it was like a heaven in school. Alexander was with walking me home since he is going to be there for a while. Suddenly he stops.

“Crap!”

“What?”

“I left my History book in my locker and we are going to have a killer test.”

“Okay, then you go back and I will meet you at the house.”

“Fine see you then” he said running back to the school.

“Hey” a voice said from the alley. It was Jason.

“What are you doing stalking me?”

“No”

“So why are you here?”

“I got bored and went for a walk”

He was now walking with me home. I wanted to push him and run home but he is stronger then me.

“So did you get me letter?”

“Yes”

“Good”

“Are you going to leave now?”

“No”

“Why”

“Since Alexander left you I feel I should walk you home. I can be a gentleman when I want to you know, I’m not all that bad.” He smiled.

Now we are at my house and-great-my parents are outside in the front. I wonder if I close my eyes they won’t see me.

“Emily how was…Oh who is this?” great she can see Jason and me.

“Hello Mrs. Madison. I’m Jason Killsworth,” he said.

“Aren’t you Ann’s son?” she asked him.

“Yes I am. Do you know her?”

“Yes we were friends since high school. Can you believe it Bill? This is Ann’s son. Remember?”

He thought a moment and brought a smile when he was done thinking. To think if only I had enough energy to run. I would be down the street trying to forget that my parents know him.

“Would you like to come in Jason?” my dad asks.

“Yes thank you.”

We walked in the house heading toward the living room.

“So how have you been?” my dad asked.

“Fine” Jason says taking a seat.

“So…since you guys are talking I’m going to go to my room” almost there.

“Hold it!” my mother says as I’m about to head up the stairs. CRAP! So close. “You are going to stay here.” She said with force.

“Why?” I whined

“Because we have a guest.”

I returned to the living room taking a seat next to my mom across from Jason. The only thought that came to mind was run.

My mom returns her attention back to Jason.

“Did your mom ever tell you stories about you?”

“No. Why?” he asked.

“Because when you were younger you and Emily were good friends,” she said.

“Really?”

“Ooh yes” she continued, “You two would act like you were joined at the hip,” she said.

“In other words Jason, you two were inseparable” my dad added.

“Wow. Do continue telling.”

“No!” I finally found my voice to speak. “Don’t continue!”

“Why not?” Jason asks with one brow up.

I felt something then. Not a sense of fear, no, a strange feeling in my gut wanting to speakup. Sadly, it was wrapped tightly in itself. Icould feel it pulling at me. I wanted to cringe over, but they were watching me waiting for a response to Jason’s question. I can honesty says it took all my strength to speak.

“Nothing, it’s if it is anything embarrassing I don’t want to continue this conversation any further.” I finally choked out.

“Please Mrs. Madison do continue what you were about to say” Jason replied to my mother, who was in shock about my reaction toward Jason. It didn’t take long for her to come back. As I saw in her eyes’, she truly wants to say what she was thinking.

“Please, Susan, if you are not sure to speak your mind, say something off the topic. If you still wish to speak your mind, please go ahead.” My father said trying to get her to continue her story.

“Yes, well, at one point you and Emily came running in from the yard. I believe Emily was four and you were five. Anyway, your mother and me were drinking coffee and talking when you two came in. I remember it, as if it was like yesterday. You two ran in, your cheeks all red. Then, all of a sudden you, or was it Emily told me you were getting married.” She said so proudly.

I could feel my blood rushing to my face. Knowing in a few seconds it will look blood red. Still, that wasn’t the only thing that was rushing. My rage came up with it, it was a two for one my mom didn’t see coming. I look at my mother, seeing that her smile was quickly wipe
off. She saw my face and it was grim, out of the corner of my eye I notice Jason trying not to smile. Sadly that was unsuccessful. Seeinghim only made it worse, my rage took hold of my body.

“That’s it, I can’t take this anymore!” I yelled stranding up “-I’m going to my room, and don’t even try saying anything to me, you! You call yourself a mom? Huh, I asked you even before not to say anything that would make me embarrass. And, even when I said not to, you went ahead.” I was starring at her, she look white.

“Emily, you do not speak to your mother like that. You know she cares for you. Show her some respect for her and your guest!” my father said looking from me, to my mother, and then to Jason.I turn to Jason, and he was already standing up. “You want me to show you something dad fine then” I walk from the living room to the front door, “-I will show my guest the door” I threw the door open and went to my room. Standing by the staircase was Alexander. He was trying to keep himself composed, but I know he was laughing. When he finally looks up he saw me. The glare I gave him could be filed under the category of homicide. I could see his whole body language change; he knew that he was staring death in the face.

I ran to my room. It was dark and quiet, it comfort me so much. I could hear my father calling me telling me to go back down stairs. I did my best to block him and all that had just happened. He was coming up the stairs now, most likely to drag me back down the stairs. I ranto the door locking it so he couldn’t get in. I didn’t want to hear him at all anymore. The sound of his voice was bound to make my sick. I walk to my stereo and turned it on, the sound of my music clearing my
mind. I fell on my bed and drifted away.