Power, Passion, Betrayal, It's All in the Family

New lives to renew old lives

A few days after coming home from Vegas I had noticed I hadn’t been feeling very well and I’ve missed a certain womanly part of me for a couple of months. I mentioned this to Michael who, of course, worried more then I did and sent me to a doctor. There the doc proceeded to tell me I was three months pregnant and I shouldn’t have been flying at all. I told him I never even took notice and if even if I thought I knew I would have stayed home.

Six months later I delivered a healthy baby girl named Mary. She is beautiful, with her father’s facial features and eyes. Of course she has my hair, skin tone and a bit of both of our personality. Before Mary was born Michael had flown back to Las Vegas for a second trip and came back with his face fixed. He healed back into the handsome man he always was.

Today I was helping Carmella around the house while Connie looked after Mary and her new baby Michael. As well Anthony played with Connie’s little one I knew Tom would keep an eye on them once in a while. Michael was sitting in the backyard with his semi-retired father. I knew they were talking business as did Carmella, we knew not to bother them with anything unless it was suppertime or really important.

Looking out the kitchen window I glanced at Vito’s garden. Secretly I always knew he’d grow one. I always felt he missed the old days and living in the city of Corleone. It would be nice to taste some of the vegetables that came out of that garden. I knew being cared for by a loving hand they’d taste very good.

After carefully drying the dishes and putting them away I noticed two figures coming to the house. The two figures being Michael and Vito, I smiled noticing Mikes arm wrapped affectionately around his father’s. Carmella came over to see what I was looking at and smiled as well seeing the scene in front of us. After supper at the Corleone house Michael and I along with our children headed back to our own house. When we put the children to bed he explained to me he’ll be taking over for his father and they’d be legit in five years.

“I knew this day would come Michael I’m not mad that this has happened. Let’s hope you can make everything better for us.”

“If everything goes right we won’t be living in New York anymore.”

“Then where will we live?” I asked.

“I remembered you said you liked the warm sun of Las Vegas I was thinking we could get a place out near Lake Tahoe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the long wait my father hasn't been working so I hardly get any alone time at the computer. Also I've been busy with getting ready to go to college in september. There's roughly three chapters left hopefully I can get them out within the next month.