Your Not Alone; I'm Here With You

Chapter 12

“Well good luck out there?” Emily ruffled her hair nervously as her statement came out as a question. I gave her a small smile before pulling her into a hug. Then I leaned forward and whispered,
“Good luck with Chase.” She blushed and I went on to say goodbye to Chase.
“Hey, uh-I’ll miss you dude.” He looked at me sadly.
“Yeah I’ll miss you too. This is pretty brave of you, almost makes ya cool.” I smiled and gave him a hug, which he gently returned before pulling away.
“Hey, I said almost. You’re gonna have to get back here alive for it to be official.” I laughed at felt the mood of the room lighten extremely.
“Alright Chase. You better believe I’ll be back.” I smiled taking a step back and looking over at Brian. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kayla sniffling at the edge of the other people.
“Oh, come here sweetie.” I crouched down and she ran to me throwing her arms around me. I hugged her back and rubbed her back.
“It’ll be ok sweetie. You’ll be fine with everyone here.” She pulled back and looked up at me with tear-stained eyes.
“B-but what about you?” She looked up at me. I let out a long sigh.
“Oh sweetie. I’ll be back you’ll see. And when I do I’ll be back with a way to get you out of here. Then we will all live happily forever after. Ok sweetie.” She smiled with a little sniff.
“You promise?” She looked so hopeful and I smiled.
“Of course I promise. Don’t worry. We will all be fine. And you are going to do your growing up in a much better place. Ok?” I tilted my head to the side slightly and she jumped at me, engulfing me in a hug again. I let out a small ‘oof’ sound and patted her back.
“Okay.” She said letting going and going to stand by her mom. I then turned to Brian once again. He was finishing up talking to one of the elders and began walking towards me.
“You ready to go?” I nodded in answer of his question.
“Alright every one, we’re off. Don’t worry we’ll be back in no time.” He told everyone before putting his arm over my shoulder and swiftly guiding me out the door.