Blood Thirst

Chapter 10:

[Chapter 10:]

My sides finally stopped hurting as he helped me to the loveseat and let me sit down. He took a few steps back and sat on the floor cross legged in front of me. He looked down at his hands, twiddling his thumbs.

“So…” he sighed. “I’m sorry about Ambellina. She isn’t very fond of….’humans’.” He glanced up at me and there was a load growl that seeped through the walls. Leo shook his head in disappointment.

I felt like getting down on my knees and putting my arms around him to comfort him. Though I refused to let myself do so. I stood up and started walking to the door. He was in front of me before I could take one step.

“What are you doing?” He asked. His eyes wide in surprise.

“I was going to go see Ambellina.” Another growl ripped though the walls. Leo jumped forward and grabbed me. Before I knew it, we were out the back door and flying through the trees. I buried my head in his chest. His breathing staid calm…relaxing.

The wind whistled pass us. I tried to block it out as I started to bob up and down. I turned my head slightly to see why. He was jumping up a cliff. I buried my head in his chest again to muffle out my screams. We stopped abruptly and he pulled me away from him. Setting me down.

I was afraid to open my eyes. I didn’t want to know where we were. Or if I was to move, I might fall. Though I was sure he would catch me if I did. If he wanted to…

“Cine…you can open your eyes. Its okay.” I felt him put his hands on my shoulders. I refused to open my eyes. “Don’t you believe me?” The fear melted from inside me. I felt sad and mad at myself. I opened my eyes.

He was right up on me. I could feel his breath against me. I shivered.

He moved his hands from my shoulders to my waist, pulling me in close to him. He wrapped his arms around my back and squeezed lightly. He was hugging me. I lifted my arms up and lightly placed them against his back. He moved his head and placed his chin on my shoulder, then he laid his cheek against it. His breath was now blowing against my neck. Then I felt his lips against it. His arms got tighter around me.

I didn’t want to refuse. Heat surged through my body. Though it was impossible, I wanted him to be closer. My body grew limp and he pulled away. My body wasn’t ready to react so I almost fell. His arms were around me again. He was sitting down and I was laid out across him. I squirmed my way out of his lap and sat across from him.

His eyes were golden. The green was completely gone. I just starred into them. He starred back. Not a word was exchanged. Not even a noise was made where we were. The gold in his eyes started to fade to the beautiful blue again.

He loosened his muscles and leaned forward. I snapped out of what ever trance I was in and looked up at the sky. It was amazing shades of colors. Blue and violet, with a stripe of gold and pink going right through it.

“I’m sorry for getting so close like that. I’m sorry for bringing you here. I’m sorry for even trying to talk to you.” He blurted out in a rush of words. They sounded like he was crying. But no tears were coming from his eyes.

“You say sorry a lot…there’s no need for it.” I looked into his eyes again. They were a deep blue. I scooted closer and turned to sit by him, then I took his hand. I laid my head on his shoulder, then he laid his on top of my head.

The atmosphere grew quiet again. Butterflies were flying in a hurry in my stomach, then it hit me. I was, for once, willingly in love. He was the one.